Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
Was washing my old Mustang today and noticed the angle which probably inspired the slope on '12 plus and the new 2015 Mustang. Can't believe I never noticed this before.
Redline Recaro.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406254617.820890.jpg
Sponsored

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
A lot of people don't "Remember" the lines of the Classic Mustang's. Most "Remember" the back end to be Flat and Square when in fact the Rear End was Canted Forward from the Original 65-66 and progressively Angled further with the 67-68 Redesign and even more on the 69-70's . It was the forward leaning stance of the Grill and Rear End that gave the Impression of Speed, even while standing still.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Agreed. I'm just glad the Mustang designers remembered :)

It's rather like the raised (pinched) tops to the front fenders........a subtle, but important nod to the past :)

Not the best photos, but hopefully you see what I mean......

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I know exactly what you're talking about TwinTurbo. Ford actually brought back the Peaks along the front fenders on the 2010 redesign. They're there, just a little more subtle than the 2015's

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Spot on Tampa, I should have highlighted the '10 refresh brought them back :)

The hood and front fenders really do have to be seen to be appreciated.......I managed to capture how the light falls on the exaggerated creases on the car shown at Goodwood. It's these sort of details I love on S550 :cool:

Sound a little weird, but I can't wait to wash n detail on of these babies......that's the best way to appreciate all the little details :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Fenderaddict2

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
I know exactly what you're talking about TwinTurbo. Ford actually brought back the Peaks along the front fenders on the 2010 redesign. They're there, just a little more subtle than the 2015's

Smart move as the 05 looked droopy from the front.

OP
OP
Fenderaddict2

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
Was washing my old Mustang today and noticed the angle which probably inspired the slip on '12 plus and the new 2015 Mustang. Can't believe I never noticed this before.
Redline Recaro.jpg

P.S. How does one edit a headline so I can fix my typo?

Sponsored

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Love the pictures of the convertible. I'm sold on Magnetic. That is just an outstanding color on this car.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Love the pictures of the convertible. I'm sold on Magnetic. That is just an outstanding color on this car.
Yeah, I like gray on a car as well. It's just a classic color. When I end up buying an S550 it'll probably be Magnetic.

My only worry with Magnetic is that it will be dark enough to easily show swirlies. I'm careful with the paint when I wash and detail my car, but over time swirlies are pretty much inevitable. One of the things I like best about the current Sterling Gray Metallic color is that it hides swirlies and other defects very well.
Sponsored