Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone

RadBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 BOSS302, 29 Model A Roadster
Well if you do some historical research, there is some functionality rather than just a flashy racing stripe paint job. Not easily noticeable the original 65 / 66 stripes where variable in width nose to tail for visual effect. The ones over the hood provided a drivers reference to center of the road, very valuable reference in high speed corners.

These factory stripes would have been more meaningful, and surprised the design team did not carry this thru. JMHO

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
If the factory pin stripe really is part of the main stripe, you could actually carefully trim it off with a xacto knife against a steel rule for a straight edge. Don't cut full depth, mask the main stripe, and then use heat gun on low to pull it off.

Would require patience, surgeon's hands, and a lot of courage.
That would require balls of steel , if u mess up u have fubared the paint job from from front to back.

Last edited:

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Mine came with Black pins. I did not like it and went over them with the White. Looks much better in my case. Before the change, I got lots of odd looks and comments (including here). Since the change, a lot of positive comments. So, the white pins can be changed also :)

SuperSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How well do the factory stripes hold up? Chips, fading, peeling? Anything special to care for them, or just wax them when doing the car?

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I've never liked stickers/vinyl. I like the cleaner look of no stripes anyway...but the fact that they are stickers bothers me. I had an 03 Mach 1 and never liked the vinyl but at least it wasn't over the roof.

I think if the stripes were painted on, I'd feel differently.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
How well do the factory stripes hold up? Chips, fading, peeling? Anything special to care for them, or just wax them when doing the car?
I recommend applying cQuartz or a similar coating to the stripes as soon as you take delivery of the car. That helps to reduce the small scratches and swirl marks that are inevitable with vinyl stripes.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I had quartz applied over my stripe and I think it has helped keep it clean. The only thing I use to wash it with is Chemical Guys honeydew snow foam or Car Pro reset. For quick cleaning when it's not very dirty and there's nothing really stuck to it I use Optimum no rinse 8 ounces to 1 gallon of water dilution for detail spray. I have a big worm stripe. Obviously vinyl is soft so if there are bugs and things stuck to it either use a ton of detail spray to loosen them up or just be safe and wash the car.

But I would say don't stress out about it too much because in the end a stripe can be easily changed if it gets damaged and there are a lot of aftermarket options.

TONYG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Well if you do some historical research, there is some functionality rather than just a flashy racing stripe paint job. Not easily noticeable the original 65 / 66 stripes where variable in width nose to tail for visual effect. The ones over the hood provided a drivers reference to center of the road, very valuable reference in high speed corners.

These factory stripes would have been more meaningful, and surprised the design team did not carry this thru. JMHO
Never knew that, thank you.

TONYG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
As far as the vinyl stripes holding up, they won't/can't. When our 18' comes in sometime around June/July, it goes straight from the Ford dealer to the Suntek dealer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I think this generation of Mustang looks better without stripes

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
I've enjoyed reading through this thread. I have yet to see a GT350 I >don't< like. Whether with or without stripes, they are all gorgeous!

In my case I went with Oxford White and blue stripes. Obviously a nod to the Shelby of days past, in my mind I had no other choice. At least until I submitted my order. Then I spent too much time re-thinking my choice and debating another color/stripe combination. I knew I had a bit of time to change my order. But in the end I stayed with White/blue. No regrets.

But I do like that Avalanche Gray and black roof combination . . . Nahhhh.... never mind.

And Race Red . . .

And . . .

rahtid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Love my stripes mainly because of the red pin stripes. If I had a regular 350 I wouldn't have gotten the stripes.

mitchell21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
There is a problem placing a ceramic coating on the paint--if you decide to further protect your car with PPF, the coating must be removed with a compound and buffer so the PPF will adhere to the paint. Unfortunately, ceramic coating cannot be removed from the stripes.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
All GT350s look great, but as it's a Shelby, the stripes just completes the look IMHO. I can't imagine owning a Shelby without stripes, but that's just me. :)

I love my white OTT stripes! No swirls or micro scratches that are visible to my eyes. Just as black and dark blue cars show these kinds of things easier vs. white, the same is probably true of stripes.
Sponsored