Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
... My main issue with them is the white outline. I really hate that and it kills it for me, but then I think that grabber blue needs something like that to break up the smurfness of it. I know big worm is an option however I am not familiar with any local places that do those types of installs. I appreciate your opinions.
I believe that you could easily remove the factory pinstripes by carefully using a heat gun. I would mask the main stripe right up to the border with the pin stripe, so as to reduce heat at the edge of the main stripe.

That is exactly the look I am going for. I have preferred the wider stripe look of the previous GT500. ...
I suspect that wider dual stripes would have trouble navigating your hood vent, whereas the narrow dual stripes traverse that area naturally.

OP
OP
Biggdogg

Biggdogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
I suspect that wider dual stripes would have trouble navigating your hood vent, whereas the narrow dual stripes traverse that area naturally.
You know I never thought of it like that way, thank you. I dont believe I have seen a 350 that has went with wider stripes than factory. However with so many out there I am sure I am mistaken. Anyone out there have wider than factory stripes on theirs?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
You know I never thought of it like that way, thank you. I dont believe I have seen a 350 that has went with wider stripes than factory. However with so many out there I am sure I am mistaken. Anyone out there have wider than factory stripes on theirs?
FWIW, and IMO, the dual wide stripes give the appearance that they "compete" with the main car color. IOW, it is half car and half stripes. Which dominates?

Did you put stripes on your car, or a car under your stripes?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I believe that you could easily remove the factory pinstripes by carefully using a heat gun. I would mask the main stripe right up to the border with the pin stripe, so as to reduce heat at the edge of the main stripe..
I was under the impression that the white pin stripe is actually a part of the black stripe. Has anyone tried to actually remove the white pinstripe ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggdogg

Biggdogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Put my deposit 10 minutes ago. Grabber Blue, painted black roof, convenience pack. If I decide I need stripes ill go aftermarket. Im just glad this whole process is over. Its taken over a year but its finally done. Now the real waiting begins.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I'm the oddball with the race red car with blue stripes. I love it and that's what matters. Shelbys came with stripes, thats my HO but, I respect the choice of others to not agree

OP
OP
Biggdogg

Biggdogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
I do agree I think Shelbys look amazing with stripes, and if it wasnt for the white pin stripe I would have ordered them. I will just get my fix from aftermarket and get solid black. Maybe even a bit wider if I can find some pictures of the 350 with the wider ones.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I do agree I think Shelbys look amazing with stripes, and if it wasnt for the white pin stripe I would have ordered them. I will just get my fix from aftermarket and get solid black. Maybe even a bit wider if I can find some pictures of the 350 with the wider ones.
Felt the same. Couldn't get myself to love the ruby red with black stripes and white pins

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I agree, I still cant decide how I feel about that white pin stripe. I have a 2017 on order, magnetic with the black stripe. If I hate it Ill take it off I guess. Maybe Ill just take a black sharpie to it.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
stripes are always good on mustangs u guys

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Felt the same. Couldn't get myself to love the ruby red with black stripes and white pins
If the factory pin stripe really is part of the main stripe, you could actually carefully trim it off with a xacto knife against a steel rule for a straight edge. Don't cut full depth, mask the main stripe, and then use heat gun on low to pull it off.

Would require patience, surgeon's hands, and a lot of courage.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
If you order Race Red - leave them off and get the black roof.
Sponsored