Sponsored

Street guys: even if you can’t use all you have, do you still want more?

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
HPDE curbed my lead foot on the street significantly. It also boosted my confidence with the car because I now understand the limits and when I’m getting close to them.

that being said it also made me want to go to the track every single weekend. But tires aren’t cheap and keeping these things cool is an entirely new world of modding. I would still highly recommend it - I was smiling ear to ear for hours after my first event
Sponsored

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 6M
All I need is a manual that sounds good. I’ve never wanted more ever since I decided to switch to manual. Even though my M1 6spd is capable of so much more, I’m so happy just driving it on the street like a normal car.

Dapsters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 gt premium performance, 22 civic, 95 f150
I went from a 2015 corolla to a 2020 mazda3 hatchback N/A 2.5 FWD thinking that was.. quick. Now I got a 2022 mustang gt premium pp1 and I felt like it was stupid fast for the first 2 weeks.. now I want to supercharge it, duhhno if I want Whipple or procharger (not entirely certain the difference)

But I honestly feel like I should go back to something slower before I get myself in trouble.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I want more sometimes, but it's usually just so I can compare to other people more favorably which doesn't actually matter. The car as it is sounds great and is fun to drive, so it's already more than good enough.

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I always want more, that said I do agree I cannot remotely use all the power I have. The new Gen 3 Coyote is the total package. Sounds great, awesome power, just a joy to drive. My Stang is by far the most powerful car I have ever owned much less driven. I have ridden in some more powerful cars but not behind the wheel. My first foray into mods will be LTH and an intake, perhaps E85 tune. I did get a extended warranty so I'm not in any hurry right now, just enjoying the drive and doing cosmetic and wheel/suspension mods right now..

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
So, supercharger when?
Twin turbo would be my preferred route - but finding anyone to tune it in the UK who I could trust 100% is proving to be a challenge ...

I've just added another year warranty, so nothing will be happening in the near future anyway :like:

WD :like:

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
It's a commuter car for me and the power is fine as is. I'd like to improve the rubbery driveline feel and probably will.

That said though: I don't see anything wrong if someone wants more power or whatever. These are enthusiasts cars. Not transportation appliances.

Sponsored

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
700hp to the tires and i still want more. Next step would be e85 but i dont want to have to map out who has e85 everywhere i go. At least if i cant find 93oct i can splash a touch of boostane in the tank to make my car happy.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
No, I'm plenty satisfied. I never think otherwise, not for the slightest moment. I'm already driving something most people can only dream of having.

Tangible items, I reach a certain level (often being aghast where I am now, all things considered) and stop. Having more still doesn't move the happy meter, while making me leery I'm about to take too much off the table. "You've done well. Don't F with it."

Like virtually everyone here, I love and appreciate everything with wheels. Everything mechanical. Designs, history, peoples' experiences I study, discuss or read up on. I have a short list of vehicles I'd like to own or drive, mods I'd like to do, but that's not going to happen. I can continue to appreciate those through driving experience events, museums, auctions, shows, videos and books.

The most satisfying drives I've had are when I find myself coming up along someone in a Gen 1 car. The driver a bit older. The car, a bit slower. We acknowledge one another, maybe stay side-by-side for a while or chat at a light. The type of Mustang, options or mods wouldn't have improved on that.

YMMV.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
No, I'm plenty satisfied. I never think otherwise, not for the slightest moment. I'm already driving something most people can only dream of having.

Tangible items, I reach a certain level (often being aghast where I am now, all things considered) and stop. Having more still doesn't move the happy meter, while making me leery I'm about to take too much off the table. "You've done well. Don't F with it."

Like virtually everyone here, I love and appreciate everything with wheels. Everything mechanical. Designs, history, peoples' experiences I study, discuss or read up on. I have a short list of vehicles I'd like to own or drive, mods I'd like to do, but that's not going to happen. I can continue to appreciate those through driving experience events, museums, auctions, shows, videos and books.

The most satisfying drives I've had are when I find myself coming up along someone in a Gen 1 car. The driver a bit older. The car, a bit slower. We acknowledge one another, maybe stay side-by-side for a while or chat at a light. The type of Mustang, options or mods wouldn't have improved on that.

YMMV.
A well-reasoned and thoughtful and mature response.

Even at 74 I sometimes feel like I need to grow up a bit. At least when it comes to anything that has an engine and wheels.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I always want more power. That said I know how to use my right foot.
I love giving it 1/8th throttle and being at 45 before the other cars leave the light.

But then I am an adrenaline junkie. I love sport bikes, hell my HD can keep up with most. Airplanes are a blast, sadly I have no access to one any longer.

To me too much power is if I touch the pedal and the tires go up in smoke. If I can control it, I want more.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
I don’t think this is an unusual mind set, but I would ask a couple of questions, where or how do you get your enjoyment with the car? If you’re a light to light kind of person or a lateral “G” force kind of guy, can help set the tone for where to want focus your $$$ spend.

Most of my track friends seem to agree that 500 horsepower is about all that’s needed for the track, especially one that’s technical in nature.

Most of us are novice or intermediate status drivers. A professional or someone with loads of experience may be able to use more, but it’ll be sometime before I can comfortably explore what the power train has to offer, and that’s with a heavy modified suspension.
Sponsored