Sponsored

STOP Buying TPMS Training Tool for 2015+

Boss226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Well guys just received the tool, no luck it's not recongizing the sensors. Sucks I'm going to have to buy new sensors for practically new wheels
Sponsored

Boss226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Just a thought, does anyone know if the performance pack GT wheels use a different sensor or module that the V6 don't have?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Somebody buy the op a brew. Thanks! Good stuff!

Boss226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Update for you guys, went to tire kingdom today turns out they didn't have the sensors on them. Which is complete bull shit Shelby sold them to me advertising it comes with tpms.

Thanks all for your help

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
My tpms worked 2 months ago before I took my aftermarlet wheels off. Now they dont after putting them back on. Got a sensor fault. No sensor readings at all. Last spring the sensors relearned within no time and no lights. I have the white stems. MRR wheels. Sensors arent that old. Should I buy the tool and see if thats all it needs?

Sponsored

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
My tpms worked 2 months ago before I took my aftermarlet wheels off. Now they dont after putting them back on. Got a sensor fault. No sensor readings at all. Last spring the sensors relearned within no time and no lights. I have the white stems. MRR wheels. Sensors arent that old. Should I buy the tool and see if thats all it needs?
Did you ever get your sensors working again? I bought a set of wheels/tires/TPMS from [MENTION=27078]Paul@PKAUTODESIGN[/MENTION] a year ago. They swapped over just fine. Put the stockers back on in November for the winter months also with no problems. Re-installed the aftermarket wheels/tires over the weekend and now I'm getting the dreaded Tire Pressure Monitor Fault with no readings from any of the 4 wheels. Find it hard to believe that all 4 of the sensors would have gone bad while sitting from Nov-March. Guess I'll try the manual self-learning procedure.

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
When I bought new sensors for my aftermarket wheels the car never picked them up. I drove about 400 miles before I received my TPMS tool (found it on ebay for like $25) and they synced up right away. Well worth the price.

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
What's weird in this case is that the sensors worked fine and swapped back and forth with stockers just fine. Do the sensors need to be "reactivated" or something? The stock wheels/sensors sat from March-November last year and didn't need any special prodding to be re-learned when reinstalled. Hoping Paul will weigh in.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I have had 3 different sets of wheels on my car, all with the correct TPMS that were purchased from Ebay. All of them worked fine without the need for any tool to sync them to the car!

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I just swapped on a spare set of wheels that had been sitting for months and they were recognized from the second I started the car.

Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
standing ovation OP lol 2 different aftermarket sets same thing

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
When I bought new sensors for my aftermarket wheels the car never picked them up. I drove about 400 miles before I received my TPMS tool (found it on ebay for like $25) and they synced up right away. Well worth the price.
Same thing with me. Set of 4, none would learn without the tool. One of the 4 died within a month and the seller replaced it. The new one auto learned no problem.

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Update on mine:
Bought the little ford TPMS tool from Amazon and went through the re-program procedure (brake, power on off on off on brake power off on off on) then used the tool at each sidewall at the valve stem DF, PF, PR, DR.) All good now. Weird that the set was fine for 9-10 months but only after having them in storage for 3 months was it an issue.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Update on mine:
Bought the little ford TPMS tool from Amazon and went through the re-program procedure (brake, power on off on off on brake power off on off on) then used the tool at each sidewall at the valve stem DF, PF, PR, DR.) All good now. Weird that the set was fine for 9-10 months but only after having them in storage for 3 months was it an issue.

Yes, I have a similar issue. Put the stock wheels back on over the winter, and now the aftermarket wheels are not recognized that were working fine in the fall. Looks like I need to buy the tool that we don't need. :-)

wortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 16
I had a shop install TPMS from CDC, i dont know how they did it but it didn't sync up to my car,kept getting pressure monitor fault. I Had to take it back to them twice. Only started working when I had them do the tire training procedure. They used their own learning tool. Remotesremotes site sells training tool for 15$.
Sponsored