Steeds clutch spring

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
... The spring, being mounted directly on the pedal, will rotate as well. At some point during this rotational movement the spring will start being oriented more and more downwards. So its tendency to extend will now assist you in pushing the pedal further down.
That explains it. I forgot the spring is mounted on the pedal*; on my older, manual transmission cars they're fixed to the firewall.

* I was too focused on getting the damn thing installed to note the principle. Incidentally, I wasn't able to use the 'needle-nose locking pliers' method, probably because I had broken Harbor Freight pliers. I compressed the spring and tie-wrapped a couple coils together to get the OEM one out, then compressed the Steeda on the bench, tie-wrapped it then snipped the tie wraps once in place.
Sponsored

Graemecdn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2018 Lexus RC 350
Hi Guys:
I used the steeda spring only, not the steeda perch. It made the clutch feel much better for me. I didn’t have this problem with my 2005 GT. Go figure?

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
I put the Steeda clutch spring on my Bullitt and it's night / day differance.

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I put the OE clutch spring on the left front wheel to compensate for my 215lb ass.
it works in tandem with the mag ride suspension to balance the car better on right turns

:cwl:
Sponsored

Last edited: