WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
If I buy the Steeda links with the polly bushes :

1662241505338.png

Can the bushes be pressed out and replaced / refitted ?

I’m messing around with the idea of anodising a set - for looks and corrosion protection :like:

WD :like:

@tj@steeda
@Steeda Tech JohnC
@Steeda UK
Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Your battery is low 🤪

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Those should already be anodized silver, is it possible to anodize in different color once anodized?

BD

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Your battery is low 🤪
You’re not wrong, but there’s some life left in me yet :like:

Oh yeah, I charged the phone up too …:crackup:

Those should already be anodized silver, is it possible to anodize in different color once anodized?

BD
I’m not sure they are anodised and I suspect Steeda would put it on their advert if they were ?

I don’t have a pair in front if me to check, but I have the Steeda subframe support bushes and I’m reasonably sure they are bare aluminium.

My subframe support bushes will be going in soon and although I don’t drive the car in bad weather, we do salt the roads around here so a bit of protection wouldn’t go amiss - so I might add some green under the car and behind the wheels if I also get the links done.

As I am stuck with a min batch cost, I would essentially get the links done for free.

Yes you can change the colour of anodising - I’ve had multiple batches done before for both bike and car items. Going to a lighter colour can sometimes be a problem (but not always and dependant on how skilled your guy is), going darker is fine :like:

If you want to see really fancy ano (multiple colours) look up some of the 90’s bike stuff or what the paint ball guys are doing :sunglasses:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yes, the bushings do come out of the vertical links very easily. No pressing or special tools are needed. I’ve had mine out once already to clean and apply fresh grease to the bushings.

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
You’re not wrong, but there’s some life left in me yet :like:

Oh yeah, I charged the phone up too …:crackup:

I’m not sure they are anodised and I suspect Steeda would put it on their advert if they were ?

I don’t have a pair in front if me to check, but I have the Steeda subframe support bushes and I’m reasonably sure they are bare aluminium.

My subframe support bushes will be going in soon and although I don’t drive the car in bad weather, we do salt the roads around here so a bit of protection wouldn’t go amiss - so I might add some green under the car and behind the wheels if I also get the links done.

As I am stuck with a min batch cost, I would essentially get the links done for free.

Yes you can change the colour of anodising - I’ve had multiple batches done before for both bike and car items. Going to a lighter colour can sometimes be a problem (but not always and dependant on how skilled your guy is), going darker is fine :like:

If you want to see really fancy ano (multiple colours) look up some of the 90’s bike stuff or what the paint ball guys are doing :sunglasses:

I am reasonably sure the vertical links are clear anodized otherwise they would corroded quite quickly especially in a salty environment. I have the Boomba vertical links on my car and they are clear anodized, I wanted red anodized, but they were on sale and only had clear in stock for half price so got a great deal on them and you really cannot see them anyway.

Never had anything anodized so was just unsure if the colors could be changed once anodized, it's great that you can do so for sure.

BD

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the bushings do come out of the vertical links very easily. No pressing or special tools are needed. I’ve had mine out once already to clean and apply fresh grease to the bushings.
Thank you :like:

Just to be clear, do you have the poly bushes or the delrin version ?

Cheers,

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Just to be clear, do you have the poly bushes or the delrin version ?

Cheers,

I have the delrin bushings, but the physical appearance is the same. I can’t imagine the assembly/disassembly being any different between the poly and delrin.

Sponsored

RAVAGE88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Premium, '19 HD FLHT, '08 Piper Saratoga
They’re Anodized clear and they can be re-Anodized, which requires a stripping process. The plater can do this but I don’t recommend it. The stripping process will remove a thin layer of material and after, the bushings won’t fit as tight. When designing a part that’s going to have a post finish process, the thickness of the finish has to be accommodated for tolerancing purposes.

Hope this helps….

MB

Last edited:
OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
They’re Anodized clear and they can be re-Anodized, which requires a stripping process. The plater can do this but I don’t recommend it. The stripping process will remove a thin layer of material and after, the bushings won’t fit as tight. When designing a part that’s going to have a post finish process, the thickness of the finish has to be accommodated for tolerancing purposes.

Hope this helps….

MB

The Steeda subframe support bushes are defo NOT clear anodised - I have a new set off the car and they are very conductive :frown:

I don't have a set of the vertical links to check, so your info is appreciated :like:

I might still look at doing the links, but I will check with my guy that he's OK to mask the bores off so they aren't effected / altered by the process.

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just to follow up, subframe support bushes done :

1664393948845.jpeg

1664393968831.jpeg

1664393979927.jpeg

Other parts on the radar, but I've not purchased them yet ... :like:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Just to follow up, subframe support bushes done :

1664393948845.jpeg

1664393968831.jpeg

1664393979927.jpeg

Other parts on the radar, but I've not purchased them yet ... :like:

Those look to good to install! Please be sure and get some pics of rhe bottom of your car once you get everything coated and in place.
Sponsored