Sponsored

Steeda Tune for 10-speed

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
As mentioned, when getting on it at a stop, close to WOT, the car is going to react ... its a performance car.
Sure the car is going to react, that's expected at this level of performance

But purposely adding a feature that makes it *more* out of control is not something I or many would want IMO. I personally want smooth, consistent and predictable power delivery especially during shifts...not jarring tire spinning shifts that upsets the balance and momentum of the car.

For being a buffoon on the streets that's probably desirable. For any type of controlled racing I don't know of anyone that wants that. I'm sure you guys know all that with having a solid road racing program, and I guarantee you that the driver of your race cars wants exactly what I mentioned before (smooth, consistent and predictable power) not tire spinning shifts that upset the car. If he's banging shifts at 150mph on the back straight at Sebring, the last thing he wants is to upset the balance of the car from a fancy tire shredding shift. Or coming down a hard braking zone, I'm sure he wants controlled downshifts.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Sure the car is going to react, that's expected at this level of performance

But purposely adding a feature that makes it *more* out of control is not something I or many would want IMO. I personally want smooth, consistent and predictable power delivery especially during shifts...not jarring tire spinning shifts that upsets the balance and momentum of the car.

For being a buffoon on the streets that's probably desirable. For any type of controlled racing I don't know of anyone that wants that. I'm sure you guys know all that with having a solid road racing program, and I guarantee you that the driver of your race cars wants exactly what I mentioned before (smooth, consistent and predictable power) not tire spinning shifts that upset the car. If he's banging shifts at 150mph on the back straight at Sebring, the last thing he wants is to upset the balance of the car from a fancy tire shredding shift. Or coming down a hard braking zone, I'm sure he wants controlled downshifts.
Thank you for your feedback - very good insight.

TJ