Sponsored

Steeda Subframe Braces on Mach 1

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Is not compatible with the MACH1
well sheeeet. I'd really like to know what Ford changed on a last-gasp model. Esp when the 943 is compatible with GT350/R as well which is the only source of "alternate" parts I would expect Ford to draw from. Maybe it just needs a little xacto knife application?
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe itā€™s like the Steeda kit i.e. just discard two of the items ? (On the part of the bush that normally takes the horseshoe clamps).

Red bits GT kit :

1685053555181.jpeg

Gold bits Mach kit :

1685053512120.jpeg

WD :like:

ing3nious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mom mobile
I can confirm on my PP2 that thereā€™s no NVH from the Stop the hop starter kit. Itā€™s a huge improvement and the car feels way more solid at take off and through corners. Iā€™d do the 3 things together.

Mavtop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1 #3530
Vehicle Showcase
I did the whole Steeda GT350/Mach 1 Ultimate handling upgrade. It completely firms up the rear so that I know exactly what its doing. I did this after owning a 2019 PP2 for 3 years.

to be fair, I also installed jacking rails, the DSC Sport Steeda module, and the clutch spring.

my car is a beast on the track!

its a bumpy ride on bad roads but on the track it really shines (or smooth roads)

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I did the whole Steeda GT350/Mach 1 Ultimate handling upgrade. It completely firms up the rear so that I know exactly what its doing. I did this after owning a 2019 PP2 for 3 years.

to be fair, I also installed jacking rails, the DSC Sport Steeda module, and the clutch spring.

my car is a beast on the track!

its a bumpy ride on bad roads but on the track it really shines (or smooth roads)
How do you like the DSC? able to describe your results? my jacking rails and handling kit are going in next month and was tempted to do this but was gonna wait till more reviews hit the market.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Mavtop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1 #3530
Vehicle Showcase
How do you like the DSC? able to describe your results? my jacking rails and handling kit are going in next month and was tempted to do this but was gonna wait till more reviews hit the market.
The DSC Sport really helps the weight transitions. It makes the car extremely predictable on the track. I feel like the DSC Sport responds quicker than the OE magneride controller. When you do spin the tires its again super predictable.

In total I feel like money well spent, but now whats holding me back is my own skill and time to dedicate to practicing.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all, Iā€™d like to report that my painted Ford Red Subframe braces were installed Memorial Day morning.
Easy install, backed up on ramps, done in just over an hour.
Iā€™ve tested them out, and I can honestly say I feel the same difference I felt in my 15gt. On/off ramps at high speeds, the car just turns so differently, feels like the rear is turning the car if that makes sense.
Also did some hard accelerations around turns to get the rearend to brake loose and it is now way more composed and easier to predict.
Hard to say if itā€™s improved traction from a dig as the temps are now warmer here so the tires bite better but the couple I did do sure hooked better than before I installed them!

70699527434__2FE6E93E-0884-4411-A37B-408A92E2AA7F.jpeg

IMG_3342.jpeg

IMG_3340.jpeg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the feedback & glad to see Chris's feedback was on point!

They turned out nice too ... thank you for sharing!

TJ

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the feedback & glad to see Chris's feedback was on point!

They turned out nice too ... thank you for sharing!

TJ
Thanks TJ!
Looks good with your H-pipe in the picture too right?! Lol

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes ... keep the build going :)

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
ok, would I still need an alignment if the car drives perfectly straight and my tire wear is totally even?
On my 15gt you could see the rearend of the car didnā€™t look even in both sides until I did the alignment kit but on my Mach 1 it looks spot on.
The alignments that eat the tires alive are only on the performance pack cars .... I have my
alignment specs set to Mach 1 non performance pack and my new set of warranted front tires
are doing fine now ...

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I don't track or take my M1 to the strip, but it is disappointing to read that even with the GT350 rear subframe and bushings, the Mach 1 still has this problem-guess Steeda is happy about that. Ford could have just made S650 pretty much the same car and just taken the slop out of the suspension and everyone would have traded up. Did the 350 need this stuff too?

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
I don't track or take my M1 to the strip, but it is disappointing to read that even with the GT350 rear subframe and bushings, the Mach 1 still has this problem-guess Steeda is happy about that. Ford could have just made S650 pretty much the same car and just taken the slop out of the suspension and everyone would have traded up. Did the 350 need this stuff too?
Iā€˜m curious in whether folks are looking for reasons to justify adding these components and how much of a difference they really make?? I havenā€™t seen negative comments for those attending the track attack or during the pro driver tour. I recognize most of us that attended Track Attack may not have fully pushed the car on that first day, but maybe on the second.

On the flip side, I recognize Ford hasnā€™t put full race components on this street car, and there is always room for improvements.

I havenā€™t seen an issue while street driving this vehicle, but I have gone ahead and added the subframe brace as it couldnā€™t hurt for the price. Iā€™m looking forward to time on the track this summer.

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Hey all,
Looking for input from anyone that has just installed the braces and not the bushings or alignment kit on a Mach 1.
Looking to have a little better traction from a dig and cornering. Car gets squirrelly on takeoffs .
If it does make a difference, I like this mod because it's cheap and I can do it in my garage where the bushings and alignment kit for the cradle will add more NVH, require hiring someone and an alignment, and I'm not interested in doing all that.
Thanks!
I did the gtrack brace up front and the rear subframe braces, as well as rear subframe bushing kit and alignment bushings. It helped, up front a lot, I did a strut tower brace at the same time. In the rear definitely feels tighter, less "squishy" when coming out of the hole. I think the final thing I want to do in the rear is the toe link bushings. But if you are worried at all about NVH, stop and drive what you got.
Sponsored