Sponsored

Steeda Intake - Just unlucky? Poor quality.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I'm in Canada and have only once bought anything from Steeda, and it was a good experience. But having said that this is the second thread I've come across in the last couple weeks where someone bought something through Steeda Canada or Steeda UK and had an issue. Then Steeda USA comes on the site and says sorry but they have nothing to do with the USA operation. Really?? They just "let" someone use their name and logo on the web suggesting you are buying Steeda parts from Steeda itself because they're a bunch of good guys. If they're licensing someone to use their name to sell their products they are part of Steeda. If the manufacture can't control what their licensed vendors are doing then that's a blemish on the whole organization. Don't give us some crap that you're not responsible to what happens when someone orders a Steeda product from a Steeda website, give me a break.

Reactions: luc

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I apologize if you misunderstood the situation. The customer did not reach out to Steeda U.S. or Steeda U.K. - so neither entity could help.

The contracts are much deeper than that - Steeda CA can set their own rules and return policies - that has nothing to do with Steeda U.S. If there policy is no return on special orders - than that is a business decision on their part.

If someone has a warranty concern or needs support - then they have to work through the entity they purchased it from and then when it is presented to Steeda U.S - we'll work with them from there. This is true for CJ Pony Parts, Steeda UK, etc.

Just like a Ford dealership - they operate under FMC umbrella but each dealer can run their operation differently than the next.

Hope this clears it up.

TJ

Last edited:

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'm in Canada and have only once bought anything from Steeda, and it was a good experience. But having said that this is the second thread I've come across in the last couple weeks where someone bought something through Steeda Canada or Steeda UK and had an issue. Then Steeda USA comes on the site and says sorry but they have nothing to do with the USA operation. Really?? They just "let" someone use their name and logo on the web suggesting you are buying Steeda parts from Steeda itself because they're a bunch of good guys. If they're licensing someone to use their name to sell their products they are part of Steeda. If the manufacture can't control what their licensed vendors are doing then that's a blemish on the whole organization. Don't give us some crap that you're not responsible to what happens when someone orders a Steeda product from a Steeda website, give me a break.
Steeda UK said all parts are manufactured in the US for them and shipped. TJ even said they would help. As far as Steeda Canada, that post was about refunds and ordering items if they are out of stock correct? That really has nothing to do with quality control but sales policies, which I'd say any business has the right to set their own.

Edit: I am slow at typing apparently. Disregard this one.

On a side note, I would always contact the business before putting a bad review out.

Richard

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
Steeda UK said all parts are manufactured in the US for them and shipped. TJ even said they would help. As far as Steeda Canada, that post was about refunds and ordering items if they are out of stock correct? That really has nothing to do with quality control but sales policies, which I'd say any business has the right to set their own.

Edit: I am slow at typing apparently. Disregard this one.

On a side note, I would always contact the business before putting a bad review out.

Richard
I've never been to the Steeda UK site but I have been to the Canadian site several times. There is nothing anywhere on that site saying this business is not owned or operated by Steeda and is in fact just a distributor/reseller. At the very least it is misleading and I would suspect it's done intentionally. It wasn't until I read the thread about the refund policy that I learnt I hadn't bought direct from Steeda. Everyone can decide for themselves but I would call that a shady way of doing business and think twice about supporting them.

Edit: I just saw the reply from Steeda. Thanks for your comments but I still find it shady, my local Ford store doesn't pretend it's owned by Ford and has their own business name proudly displayed along side the Ford logo.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I've never been to the Steeda UK site but I have been to the Canadian site several times. There is nothing anywhere on that site saying this business is not owned or operated by Steeda and is in fact just a distributor/reseller. At the very least it is misleading and I would suspect it's done intentionally. It wasn't until I read the thread about the refund policy that I learnt I hadn't bought direct from Steeda. Everyone can decide for themselves but I would call that a shady way of doing business and think twice about supporting them.
I cannot say anything negative about Steeda, I have ordered several items, always been satisfied. My biggest ticket item being my current order. But, if I have any issues, I am confident they would fix it. I can certainly respect your point of view though.

Richard

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I spent thousands. THOUSANDS in Steeda parts and never was let down. half my car was Steeda, half was cpe. I bothered the hell out of Steeda, now, I did get a set of parts that wasn't up to standard, I contacted Steeda, they immediately swapped them no hassle. it was during middle of covid kind of deal, so someone failed that QC on that batch but it was corrected. the problem is irrelevant, the fact is Steeda fixed it entirely with no hassle.

I lost an hour of work though, but my labor is free to me.

the company treated me well and I would recommend them again.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I would always contact the business before putting a bad review out.
It seems this is no longer the norm.

I always let the seller try to make things right before I would go public with bad reviews. Steeda is one of the top businesses for customer service.

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

I always let the seller try to make things right before I would go public with bad reviews. Steeda is one of the top businesses for customer service.
Life happens, we are only human. Even the greatest quality control can let a product through that does not meet the standards set in place. It is how the business responds to the problem that matters the most.

Richard

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
RIght? Imagine being someone who goes on an internet message board and blasts a vendor before giving said vendor the chance to fix it.
Guys, I think you're getting a little carried away. If the OP came on here and blasted Steeda about leaving him with a useless part and never called for a remedy then I could understand but that isn't what happened here. The OP had a product that required a fair amount of modification to properly fit. The part wasn't broken or missing pieces it was poor fitting out of the box as designed and he simply came on here to comment on his concerns regarding workmanship. I'd say it's a safe bet that the part he got wasn't a one off, those look like design quality issues not a manufacturing error. All aftermarket parts usually require some fit and finish work to get installed but I'd agree with the OP that these look excessive, especially for a top tier manufacturer touting their quality and charging top tier prices. I'd say he had a fair complaint and that he was not excessive in his claims as to what the problem was nor was he excessively critical in any way of Steeda as an organization.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP

Was the OP post factual or not ?
If it was factual, stop blaming him for reporting issues before contacting the vendor….
Facts are facts and obviously he got a quality challenged product from Steeda…
While making things right is great, that do not change the facts….
Maybe making things right in this case would have been for the vendor to issue a full refund and taking ownership of their mistake instead of posting a link to their quality control protocol… just saying….

Last edited:

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
It's understandable that many of us feel loyalty towards Steeda, which has been primarily represented on here by Steeda USA. The commitment and support shown by Steeda USA is highly regarded and well documented and they have a presence on this site that's unparalleled by other vendors so perhaps that's why some reasonable - but incorrect - assumptions were made regarding Steeda UK and Canada.

Using the term 'Avoid' in the thread title was perhaps premature but also we don't want to start flaming people for calling out issues.

The positive outcome of this thread is that Steeda now knows it has an issue with some of these items and can take action, and someone who bought a similar kit can check it before they start disassembling their car. As someone once said 'in many cases making a mistake isn't the issue, it's how well it's rectified' and Steeda does it well in spades.

Maybe the word 'Avoid' can be removed from the title.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nodster

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It's understandable that many of us feel loyalty towards Steeda, which has been primarily represented on here by Steeda USA. The commitment and support shown by Steeda USA is highly regarded and well documented and they have a presence on this site that's unparalleled by other vendors so perhaps that's why some reasonable - but incorrect - assumptions were made regarding Steeda UK and Canada.

Using the term 'Avoid' in the thread title was perhaps premature but also we don't want to start flaming people for calling out issues.

The positive outcome of this thread is that Steeda now knows it has an issue with some of these items and can take action, and someone who bought a similar kit can check it before they start disassembling their car. As someone once said 'in many cases making a mistake isn't the issue, it's how well it's rectified' and Steeda does it well in spades.

Maybe the word 'Avoid' can be removed from the title.
I'll see if I can amend the title. :)

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
i suppose it's a bit like fast food joints. Sure it's the same name but that means jack when it comes to that individual store and how it operates. The parent company / names holder inc doesn't get involved at ground level and until it's affecting the bigger reputation they wont care much less get involved. OP had issues with his kit, he worked through them cause he had no choice but to get it fitted. He aired his thoughts on it, maybe a bit harshly but maybe through cut knuckles and several hours later than he'd planned to post.

It's a funny thing, parts not fitting is a problem to that customer and that's the issue. The fact that that part was made to fit an application and did fit a thousand other customers doesn't help that one customer with the issue. At least OP was able to fix this issue he encountered whereas I'd have no chance, mind you I wouldn't be fitting stuff either cause i always break things when i DIY. likely why my car is bog std bar an exhaust i got someone else to supply / fit.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
The fact that a bunch of people on here come to the defense of Steeda, to me, says a ton about the company. As far as I’m concerned they make great products that have made a big difference in the way my car handles and I love their stuff. My Mustang is more fun because of their products. Obviously nothing/no one is perfect and I have had a minor issue with something from them, but they rectified the situation when I did.
Sponsored