Steeda Clutch Spring - Better?

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
The spring alone might be fine. I didn't find the stock spring retention assembly particularly flimsy, seemed to be okay, so I'm thinking you'll be fine with spring only. :)
Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
The spring alone might be fine. I didn't find the stock spring retention assembly particularly flimsy, seemed to be okay, so I'm thinking you'll be fine with spring only. :)
Did you order the whole assy?

Cleesj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP 401a 6MT MP
I feel as though the steeda perch is likely only necessary if you broke the oem perch, lol. Even if the steeda is a bit more robust then oem, we're changing the spring to a 35lb/inch spring versus the oem 185lb spring, so if the oem perch can handle the more stout spring the lighter one shouldn't be an issue

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
You definitely don't need the Steeda perch. It's more of an insurance policy.

I tried the Steeda spring before the McMaster spring and found the pedal effort with the Steeda to be higher than I liked. The McMaster is a nice compromise, I'd give away the Steeda spring if anyone wants to come over to my house to get it LOL.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
You definitely don't need the Steeda perch. It's more of an insurance policy.

I tried the Steeda spring before the McMaster spring and found the pedal effort with the Steeda to be higher than I liked. The McMaster is a nice compromise, I'd give away the Steeda spring if anyone wants to come over to my house to get it LOL.
Haha looks like about an 8 hr drive... thanks anyway!

Cleesj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP 401a 6MT MP
Just got back from the maiden voyage as it took a bit longer to receive the spring. Install was super easy. Just used some vice grips to grab the OEM spring and it slid out no problem, no damage to the perch. Definitely a heavier feel to push the pedal in, but not to bad. The feeling of the engagement point certainly feels far better in my opinion. Definitely worth the $35

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, Jake - appreciate the feedback!

TJ

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a lightly used 2020 5.0 Premium. I changed the spring on my GT350 when I had it and remember liking it better. That was a few years ago and I forgot the difference. Anyways I picked this car up and the Steeda spring was one of the first things I wanted to do to feel the difference again. I did feel I was shifting really smoothly already on it but I ordered it anyways. Waited about 4 days for it to come in. Was really anticipating its arrival. Well it came in, went to the garage to install it immediately, took out the spring with ease because I have done it a bunch of times in the past and low and behold my car already had a Steeda spring installed in it. Lol 🤣🤣. No wonder why I couldn't relate to the others having such problems shifting with the stock spring.
What an idiot - I guess I should of taken the three seconds and looked down there first. Lol.
Still was a little let down cause I wanted to try a new feel. Oh well....ha ha

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Steeda has a 95 lb/in spring (555-7023) that they sell for 2011-2014 Mustangs, a reviewer (on CJ Pony Parts) noted the 35 lb/in spring made the clutch too stiff but the 95 spring fits a 2018 and felt just right.
The spring is still about 2x the price of the one from McMaster, it's up to you if you are ok with that to support the vendors.

Mannyo4339

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emanuel
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby gt350
Where is everyone's bite point on their gt350. Is it normal to be near the top of the pedal? With the steeda spring I feel it engage near the top?

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Steeda FJG Mach 1 Handling Package - 6 Speed
Where is everyone's bite point on their gt350. Is it normal to be near the top of the pedal? With the steeda spring I feel it engage near the top?
I am not sure if it’s the top or nearer to the middle, but it is not closer to the floor. I have a 2022 Steeda Mach 1 with the clutch spring. I have had no issues with, just getting use to the feel.

Mannyo4339

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emanuel
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby gt350
I am not sure if it’s the top or nearer to the middle, but it is not closer to the floor. I have a 2022 Steeda Mach 1 with the clutch spring. I have had no issues with, just getting use to the feel.
I have a gt350 and ya it's not on the lower half it's above the middle and near the top. It's like about a half inch or so from when I'm off the whole clutch?

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I have yet to install mine and wanted to compare them back to back but haven't had time. Do you notice it to be more linear?
Sponsored