Sponsored

Steeda CIA and Tuner Arrived Today

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My understanding is if you run the insert, the car will run smooth like factory. If you removed the insert, thus a larger ID, the car may not run as smooth but will allow for more air for the super racer types.
@SteedaTech Could you please verify what the insert is for? Is this to allow the use of this intake using the factory tune? Thanks!
Sponsored

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
@SteedaTech Could you please verify what the insert is for? Is this to allow the use of this intake using the factory tune? Thanks!
They have already said stuff, the Insert allows for better driveability meaning smother maf curve and the insert out if worse drivability not as smooth maf curve but more power for drag racing.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
They have already said stuff, the Insert allows for better driveability meaning smother maf curve and the insert out if worse drivability not as smooth maf curve but more power for drag racing.
Must have missed this. Could you point me to where Steeda explains this?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
It's actually pretty smooth insert out. Just the maf turbulence which would cause ff issues. Swapping back to insert in tomorrow for additional logging.

millwerks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10, Steeda K Brace, Strut brace, Differential mount bushings, IRS mount spacers and sleeves. CIA and programmer in box waiting for tune for weeks now...
I have been waiting for two weeks for my tune from Steeda. Unanswered emails and lip service when I call. I finally received an email yesterday from Matt, saying he would try to work on it and I still didn't get a tune. I can only assume at this point one day I'll be able to use my thousand dollars worth of Steeda products..

Did you get your tune yet?

Sponsored

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
I dont really understand why they would release something that makes the MAF readings erratic just trying to get more power out of the car. That just sounds like a poor design frankly. If the insert is required to keep the car running smoothly, then you really arent improving on the MAF flow rate since the diameter is the same or similar to stock. That leaves the top lid which is a bit taller for more volume but I havent seen any data from Steeda showing increases in airflow over the OEM box with the insert installed. Having the stock inlet on the box, a taller lid and then a stock sized MAF doesnt sound that helpful. I'll be holding off on this.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
What is the stock ID? Running the setup with the insert I believe the claimed ID is 121 mm with and 131 mm without. The pics are not the best trying to do it one handed, but you can see the difference. It does not show well but the insert is beveled a little so the pic appears the ID is larger than it is. After the bevel it is 121 mm.

I too received an email yesterday that the final tweeks for the A10 are being performed and I should have the tune soon. I think they sent them out because of the long awaited release. I was told when I ordered mine that the tune would be sent soon. So I knew on the front end it would be a week or two before the tune was sent. View attachment 315052
IMG_2549.jpg
IMG_2551.jpg
IMG_2552.jpg
IMG_2558.jpg
IMG_2550.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I have been waiting for two weeks for my tune from Steeda. Unanswered emails and lip service when I call. I finally received an email yesterday from Matt, saying he would try to work on it and I still didn't get a tune. I can only assume at this point one day I'll be able to use my thousand dollars worth of Steeda products..

Did you get your tune yet?

Hi Millwerks, we are currently working with Lund on getting the tunes for the new closed box intake. If you contact Lund Tuning they have tune files ready to go for the 2018+ cars with the Steeda CAI. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to PM me.

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I dont really understand why they would release something that makes the MAF readings erratic just trying to get more power out of the car. That just sounds like a poor design frankly. If the insert is required to keep the car running smoothly, then you really arent improving on the MAF flow rate since the diameter is the same or similar to stock. That leaves the top lid which is a bit taller for more volume but I havent seen any data from Steeda showing increases in airflow over the OEM box with the insert installed. Having the stock inlet on the box, a taller lid and then a stock sized MAF doesnt sound that helpful. I'll be holding off on this.

As mentioned above, the insert allows for better maf signal for optimal driveabilty. Having the insert taken out allows for more flow therefore increased power, but still maintains amazing driveability just not as solid as having the insert in. Regardless, having the insert in or not, the diameter on the cai is much larger than the stock box. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to me via PM. Thank you.

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
What is the stock ID? Running the setup with the insert I believe the claimed ID is 121 mm with and 131 mm without. The pics are not the best trying to do it one handed, but you can see the difference. It does not show well but the insert is beveled a little so the pic appears the ID is larger than it is. After the bevel it is 121 mm.

I too received an email yesterday that the final tweeks for the A10 are being performed and I should have the tune soon. I think they sent them out because of the long awaited release. I was told when I ordered mine that the tune would be sent soon. So I knew on the front end it would be a week or two before the tune was sent. View attachment 315052
IMG_2549.jpg
IMG_2551.jpg
IMG_2552.jpg
IMG_2558.jpg
IMG_2550.jpg

Agreed on the tune situation. We sent out the product because of the delayed release. Although, if the customer chooses, we are working with Lund on tuning and they have tune files ready to go for the new closed box intake. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Thank you.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Logged with insert back in. Maf turbulence is better but nowhere as clean as stock and not clean enough to run a flex tune unfortunately. So it appears if I keep the intake on I may be stuck on 91 octane only since no straight e85 here. Disappointing to say the least. The maf could def afford to be moved a few inches further left away from box. May put stock intake back on so can switch back to flex fuel.

I will say it drives smooth with insert out so if flex capability is not a concern it is still a fine intake.

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Logged with insert back in. Maf turbulence is better but nowhere as clean as stock and not clean enough to run a flex tune unfortunately. So it appears if I keep the intake on I may be stuck on 91 octane only since no straight e85 here. Disappointing to say the least. The maf could def afford to be moved a few inches further left away from box. May put stock intake back on so can switch back to flex fuel.

I will say it drives smooth with insert out so if flex capability is not a concern it is still a fine intake.

So are you saying you can't run flex tune with or without the insert or both?

millwerks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10, Steeda K Brace, Strut brace, Differential mount bushings, IRS mount spacers and sleeves. CIA and programmer in box waiting for tune for weeks now...
Hi Millwerks, we are currently working with Lund on getting the tunes for the new closed box intake. If you contact Lund Tuning they have tune files ready to go for the 2018+ cars with the Steeda CAI. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to PM me.
Thanks Jigar, is that the life time tune resourses i can expect going forward? The tune for the intake is not all im waiting on. I changed my gearing the day it all arrived, after being told the tune may take a day or so.

Excuse the obvious frustration...

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
So are you saying you can't run flex tune with or without the insert or both?
Sorry let me clarify. I originally was logging with insert out. Extreme maf turbulence in logs. Then logged with insert back in to see if it calmed it down. With it in it was better but not enough to run flex tune . It is fine if you are straight gas or straight e85 but the variance is too great for flex regardless of insertion in or out.

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Thanks Jigar, is that the life time tune resourses i can expect going forward? The tune for the intake is not all im waiting on. I changed my gearing the day it all arrived, after being told the tune may take a day or so.

Excuse the obvious frustration...
Unfortunately, the lifetime tune resources is for Steeda tunes through our tuner. Although, we are introducing Lund to our tuning team, the price structure for tuning is directly through Lund and the price they charge. I totally understand the frustration and I sincerely apologize with the delay.
Sponsored