OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I want to say it was 3-4 mph faster. 116 vs 120 maybe. I’ll check. Maybe not that high. 118 vs 120. Let me see if I can find pics of the time slips.
Sponsored

Texas16_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I installed both the Steeda Closed CAI and Lund Tune about a week ago. The car idled pretty rough so I did some troubleshooting (reinstalled MAF, checked for leaks, etc.) and still was having the same issue. Like many on this thread, my MAF readings (according to Brandon at Lund) were all over the board and caused my fueling to swing by as much as 20%.

I did some further research on this forum and asked for Brandon's advice on what I should do. Granted, I should have done this prior to purchasing, shame on me. Moving forward, I am going to return the Steeda CAI and go with a drop in K&N filter with the Stock Intake. I contacted Steeda and they are aware of the issue on some 15-17 Mustangs. They offered a full refund and were very professional about it.

This is in no way slamming Steeda (I personally have plans to order other parts from them), I am just stating my experience with the intake. Kudos to Brandon over at Lund, he was an amazing resource and help.

[I have a 2016 GT PP with Corsa Xtreme Cat Back as my only performance mod. 93 Octane Tune.]

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I installed both the Steeda Closed CAI and Lund Tune about a week ago. The car idled pretty rough so I did some troubleshooting (reinstalled MAF, checked for leaks, etc.) and still was having the same issue. Like many on this thread, my MAF readings (according to Brandon at Lund) were all over the board and caused my fueling to swing by as much as 20%.

I did some further research on this forum and asked for Brandon's advice on what I should do. Granted, I should have done this prior to purchasing, shame on me. Moving forward, I am going to return the Steeda CAI and go with a drop in K&N filter with the Stock Intake. I contacted Steeda and they are aware of the issue on some 15-17 Mustangs. They offered a full refund and were very professional about it.

This is in no way slamming Steeda (I personally have plans to order other parts from them), I am just stating my experience with the intake. Kudos to Brandon over at Lund, he was an amazing resource and help.

[I have a 2016 GT PP with Corsa Xtreme Cat Back as my only performance mod. 93 Octane Tune.]
That was cool of them to offer the refund. I sold mine to another member shortly after testing it due to not being able to run a flex tune on it. On just 93 though I figured people could run it ok.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The good news is they're working on a revision to it so I hope they fix everything with it. They've been quiet about it.

Texas16_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
That was cool of them to offer the refund. I sold mine to another member shortly after testing it due to not being able to run a flex tune on it. On just 93 though I figured people could run it ok.
Yes I really appreciated the refund as well. After researching I came to the same thought you had, but obviously my experience was different.

The good news is they're working on a revision to it so I hope they fix everything with it. They've been quiet about it.
Yeah I asked if they were working on a solution and he neither denied nor confirmed.
Sponsored