Sponsored

Steeda CIA and Tuner Arrived Today

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I just installed a the Steeda Proflow CAI (open , tune required) in my GT. As I am based in Germany I might run into problems legalizing an open CAI. Now I stumbled accross the Steeda closed CAI and two question arose:
1. The tube and the other parts look the same for the open and the closed CAI (apart of the the airbox lid and filter). If this is correct, could I just buy the lid, with the restrictor and the filter. ( I don't want to buy everything again and throw away everything I have).
2. I have installed a tune for my open proflow CAI (steeda lifetime tunes program). Do you need different tunes for the open and closed Steeda proflow CAIs?

As mentioned above, 1) the tubes are definitely different being the one for the closed box is much larger and 2) you will also need a different tune being the size different between the two!
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Thanks for the info. The problem was the amount of maf signal turbulence. It was causing idle variations. Trims at idle varied about 15%, which is no good for Flex fuel. For flex to work fuel trims need to be very stable as the ECU learns the ethanol content based on fuel trims. Again, not an issue for someone running straight gas or e tunes specifically comes into play with flex.
Figured I would clarify one part here. Flex will technically ā€˜workā€™, but it will not work correctly. The varying fuel trims at idle will cause the ECU to learn the ethanol content incorrectly.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Posted the removed unit in the member classifieds if anyone interested. Again nice design if running a straight gas or e tune.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the apology, however it would not have been necessary if i would have been told the truth from the beginning.
Clark, have you been in contact with Jigar or Matt? Please email me at [email protected] if I can help with the process. I was at SEMA the last 12 days ... just playing catch-up.

Let me know!

TJ

millwerks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10, Steeda K Brace, Strut brace, Differential mount bushings, IRS mount spacers and sleeves. CIA and programmer in box waiting for tune for weeks now...
Clark, have you been in contact with Jigar or Matt? Please email me at [email protected] if I can help with the process. I was at SEMA the last 12 days ... just playing catch-up.

Let me know!

TJ

I did talk with Jigar yesterday, and am waiting.

Hope you enjoyed the show, would love to go one year.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The show would be better if there wasn't so much walking, ugh - miles of aisles lol!

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Tubes are different and yes you will need a different tune for the closed intake. Will need two different tunes between the closed lid with insert and without insert as well.
Who did the Tune? Steeda?

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I am not sold on this yet. I would like to see more stable MAF signals. I also thought you could run this without a tune with the insert. Sounds like the insert only helps fix the turbulent air issue.

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Still very new to the Ford tuning world but why do more people not run speed density tunes and forgo the whole MAF issue? I know that with the Roush blower kit it converts to speed density so I know its possible to do in the tune. I ran SD tunes for years and years in the LS world without issue no matter the temp or condition. Seems like it could fix a lot of intake related issues unless I am (and I probably am) missing something.

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Once Ford went MAF in the late 80's they have never looked back.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sold on this yet. I would like to see more stable MAF signals. I also thought you could run this without a tune with the insert. Sounds like the insert only helps fix the turbulent air issue.
Day one it was stated that you need a tune for both scenarios. The insert is said to help with daily use and without for track and "Performance" driving. I am set up without and the car is perfect day to day and very happy WOT.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to touch on this. Insert does not fix the maf turbulence, only reduces it. The idle variation even with insert added is is still too great for ethanol learning in a flex tune to run correctly. But again, this is a non issue for straight gas or straight e tunes. Hence why @LETHAL is running great. This is still a good cai for anyone not concerned about flex capability. IATs were also on par with stock when it was on.

Tune required for this cai with and without insert.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Got my tune emailed yesterday. Iā€™m out of town until Sunday. Iā€™ll report back after I tune the car Sunday.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Got my tune emailed yesterday. Iā€™m out of town until Sunday. Iā€™ll report back after I tune the car Sunday.
Good deal. Hope you are happy with the results.
Sponsored