Sponsored

Steeda CIA and Tuner Arrived Today

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Sorry let me clarify. I originally was logging with insert out. Extreme maf turbulence in logs. Then logged with insert back in to see if it calmed it down. With it in it was better but not enough to run flex tune . It is fine if you are straight gas or straight e85 but the variance is too great for flex regardless of insertion in or out.
Gotcha, I was misunderstanding and thought you weren't able to run an E tune. You aren't able to run a flex tune but can still run straight 93 or straight E.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Gotcha, I was misunderstanding and thought you weren't able to run an E tune. You aren't able to run a flex tune but can still run straight 93 or straight E.
Problem is here in az there is no straight e85 only a flex fuel e54ish that varies so the flex tune with the knock logic is a must to run it. There is also no 93 octane only 91. So I'll probably just have to switch back to stock intake and see if anyone not worried about running a flex fuel tune wants to buy it.

Ah well live and learn. It's a new product after all.

moodywizard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Problem is here in az there is no straight e85 only a flex fuel e54ish that varies so the flex tune with the knock logic is a must to run it. There is also no 93 octane only 91. So I'll probably just have to switch back to stock intake and see if anyone not worried about running a flex fuel tune wants to buy it.

Ah well live and learn. It's a new product after all.
How much for the CAI? haha

millwerks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10, Steeda K Brace, Strut brace, Differential mount bushings, IRS mount spacers and sleeves. CIA and programmer in box waiting for tune for weeks now...
Unfortunately, the lifetime tune resources is for Steeda tunes through our tuner. Although, we are introducing Lund to our tuning team, the price structure for tuning is directly through Lund and the price they charge. I totally understand the frustration and I sincerely apologize with the delay.

Thanks for the apology, however it would not have been necessary if i would have been told the truth from the beginning.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Looks like I'll be going with a pmas for sure. Sucks you guys are having issues

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Went for a second spin today to confirm the results from the other. Did it and then some.

The car is a different car. I really mean that as far as drive ability. The over all feel is smoother, shifts up and down cleaner and quicker. Cold start up is noticeably quieter.

The pull is a nice step above what I had been seeing with the JLT and previous tune revision. The electronic nannies do not like the new found power. I am gonna have to pull the TC plug on the inner fender now LOL.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Went for a second spin today to confirm the results from the other. Did it and then some.

The car is a different car. I really mean that as far as drive ability. The over all feel is smoother, shifts up and down cleaner and quicker. Cold start up is noticeably quieter.

The pull is a nice step above what I had been seeing with the JLT and previous tune revision. The electronic nannies do not like the new found power. I am gonna have to pull the TC plug on the inner fender now LOL.
Awesome man sounds like it's really working out for you and you're seeing what I was hoping to as well.

I'm reverting back to stock intake here in a few and adding drop in filter (lol), flashing back to flex tune and filling up with ff as my tank is almost empty on 91. All will be right in the world at that point.

Will be posting my Steeda intake for sale as again it's a good intake, looks great, and is perfectly fine on straight gas or e tunes. Unfortunately the maf turbulence is a killer for flex capability and not being able to run ff is a deal breaker for me. But anyone not wanting to run flex will be perfectly happy with it.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Awesome man sounds like it's really working out for you and you're seeing what I was hoping to as well.

I'm reverting back to stock intake here in a few and adding drop in filter (lol), flashing back to flex tune and filling up with ff as my tank is almost empty on 91. All will be right in the world at that point.

Will be posting my Steeda intake for sale as again it's a good intake, looks great, and is perfectly fine on straight gas or e tunes. Unfortunately the maf turbulence is a killer for flex capability and not being able to run ff is a deal breaker for me. But anyone not wanting to run flex will be perfectly happy with it.
I have a K&N drop in if you want to buy it cheap plus shipping. I am going to use the blue one that came with the kit so the K&N that is in there now will just be sitting. Unless the K&N is a better choice than the blue one the CAI came with????

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I have a K&N drop in if you want to buy it cheap plus shipping. I am going to use the blue one that came with the kit so the K&N that is in there now will just be sitting. Unless the K&N is a better choice than the blue one the CAI came with????
I believe the filter with the kit is an AFE which is a quality filter for both flow and filtering. Either way you should be fine. I'd probably buy an AFE dry flow filter if I didn't have a k&n new in box sitting in my trunk from forever ago.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Stock intake back on with k&n drop in added. Flashed back to flex and filled up with ff. She feels good again.

Now to box up the Steeda and sell it off. Only had it a week or so so still have box and everything luckily.

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you got her back up and running happy.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Flex fuel tunes will work with the insert. Please reach out to lund for tuning availability on this. AFE does not make our filter for this application.

Thank you,

Steeda Tech

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Flex fuel tunes will work with the insert. Please reach out to lund for tuning availability on this. AFE does not make our filter for this application.

Thank you,

Steeda Tech
Thanks for the info. The problem was the amount of maf signal turbulence. It was causing idle variations. Trims at idle varied about 15%, which is no good for Flex fuel. For flex to work fuel trims need to be very stable as the ECU learns the ethanol content based on fuel trims. Again, not an issue for someone running straight gas or e tunes specifically comes into play with flex.

rodi22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT fastback magnetic
I just installed a the Steeda Proflow CAI (open , tune required) in my GT. As I am based in Germany I might run into problems legalizing an open CAI. Now I stumbled accross the Steeda closed CAI and two question arose:
1. The tube and the other parts look the same for the open and the closed CAI (apart of the the airbox lid and filter). If this is correct, could I just buy the lid, with the restrictor and the filter. ( I don't want to buy everything again and throw away everything I have).
2. I have installed a tune for my open proflow CAI (steeda lifetime tunes program). Do you need different tunes for the open and closed Steeda proflow CAIs?

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Tubes are different and yes you will need a different tune for the closed intake. Will need two different tunes between the closed lid with insert and without insert as well.
Sponsored