Sponsored

Steeda CAI Review and Install Notes:

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Hey, I'm sure you're aware that many factors come into play when running your car at the track. If you wanted to do an apples to apples comparison, you should run both the stock intake and an aftermarket CAI the same day with consistent engine temps and IAT for the runs.
David,

Does using factory screws for MAF housing cause any problems? They were taller than the ones you guys provided! My worry is that if the bolt holes go all the way to the inner diameter of the retrictor, then the bolts will disturb the flow!
Sponsored

5.0_MLC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Denys
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Wrong screws for MAF

Tried installing mine this weekend, had wrong bolts included for the MAF sensor, so I got to reinstall all the factory stuff, hopefully they'll get me some correct bolts so I can get it going.
Same problem with mine, luckily I had two in my tool box that fit perfectly.

SLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Strange that many had the wrong size screws. Luckily mine fit. The factory torx screws threads where way too coarse to try and use on mine.

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
Installed mine this weekend, Drove to work this morning with outside air temperature at 50 F. Inlet air temp was 52-54 F cruising on freeway at 65-70 mph. But when I came to a stop and the engine was at idle the temp moved up very rapidly to 90-92 F. This seems like a lot, more than I would have guessed. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? I honestly don't remember what the air inlet temp was with the Ford air box. Thanks!

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Installed mine this weekend, Drove to work this morning with outside air temperature at 50 F. Inlet air temp was 52-54 F cruising on freeway at 65-70 mph. But when I came to a stop and the engine was at idle the temp moved up very rapidly to 90-92 F. This seems like a lot, more than I would have guessed. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? I honestly don't remember what the air inlet temp was with the Ford air box. Thanks!
You're going to see that with any open element intake.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Upgrading your thermostat helps (if your tune is set to take advantage of one) and drilling out some of the honeycomb on the grill or a grill swap all together.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Is this going to be the same for the gt350?

The car has a Roush similar intake but no heat extractor by the right side. There is one in the back center i believe.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Is this going to be the same for the gt350?

The car has a Roush similar intake but no heat extractor by the right side. There is one in the back center i believe.
Most likely, yeah.

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
got mine installed tonight and tuned. I broke the resonator by accident and had to plug it up from the inside. it was a pain but I got it to work. immediately I noticed that the car was completely different. like night and day. it broke 3rd gear loose with ease and really launches me back in the seat. amazing mod. and the engine is louder and more grunt. plus you can hear the slight sucking of the intake. it's really cool.
getting the rubber around the top was a mother.....er but all is well. hood has no issues closing with new hood struts.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Got the intake installed today. Rubber seal for top was really long and had to cut it but easy to put on. No issues closing hood with hood struts really...needs a little more force but with time that won't be needed as the seal flattens. Very nice piece overall. Only flashed the 87 tune I got for daily driving until this weekend when I fill up with 93. But throttle response feels better already and hearing the intake is nice...not a whoosh sound like an intake on a turbo but more of a hissing/sucking sound. Overall tune and intake went smooth. Quality parts and can't beat the deal I got from david@steeda. Thanks David. Just another fine piece of work from Steeda!!

Sponsored

Stang Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 301A
Factory Air Duct

This my help with AIT I felt around the front rubber seal near the inside of grill and my air tube was not lined up into the plastic piece from the grill. Hard to see so I removed the 8 plastic push pins & plastic piece on top for a better look. Have been trying for a while to get it lined up but getting close. Thought I would share as right alignment will improve air flow maybe something to look at :thumbsup:
air duct 012.JPG
air duct 010.JPG
air duct 011.JPG

alimustafa23

alimustafa23
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustafa
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT blood red PP
Initial thoughts:

Installed the CAI w/o the restrictor and Tune last night.

Installation: It was fairly easy, but be patient and take it one step at a time. Some issues on putting the rubber seal but not that bad. Have a good cutting tool and then you are good to go. Luckily my package came with all the bolts.

Fitment: I felt the craftsmanship of the intake housing could be a little better but besides that the Intake by itself is solid. Had minor troubles getting it to sit flush under the hood but nothing major. First time I closed the hood, the light still stayed on saying the hood was open. I closed it hard the 2nd time and that light went away. The MAF connector on my car felt like it was short? And I had to stretch it all the way, just so it could reach to the MAF sensor on the intake. Not sure if it is the intake housing design or my MAF connector that is short.

Tune:
Uploading the Tune was very easy. Some weird behavior after the tune got done uploading. My TC lights stayed on until I turned off the car and turned it back on 2-3 times. Then the TC lights went away.

Inspection: Once I got everything installed, I made sure everything was tightened up. All the hoses were connected. Started up the car and checked for any weird behavior under the hood. Moved my hands around the intake tube to make sure I am not feeling any air (I know if I had someone to rev it for me that would be better)

Drive and Review:
Slowly pulled out of my garage hoping nothing breaks. Drove like a legit human for the first 10 minutes to make sure everything looks good. IAT's were 4-6 above ambient which is very good! When stock, it was always at least 10-12 above ambient, even on the highway. Now after monitoring all the gauges for 10-15 mins as I am driving, I knew it is time to test it! So, in normal mode, I gun it. Right away it feels like it is breathing a lot better and it goes. Now I switched it to Track mode. That is when I felt the beast is unleashed and felt the biggest difference. It is a significant improvement over stock. I will do a full video review in a couple days after driving a bit more. :)

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
yup steeda tune been great so far. doesn't get nearly as warm as lund tunes from what i'm seeing. it may not have as much hp as a lund tune might achieve but there's plenty of difference with steeda and looks like i won't need a tstat yet

Stang Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 301A
Air Duct

Got it lined up ..better air flow now:clap2:
air duct 012.JPG
Air Duct 1 001.JPG

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Initial thoughts:

Installed the CAI w/o the restrictor and Tune last night.

Installation: It was fairly easy, but be patient and take it one step at a time. Some issues on putting the rubber seal but not that bad. Have a good cutting tool and then you are good to go. Luckily my package came with all the bolts.

Fitment: I felt the craftsmanship of the intake housing could be a little better but besides that the Intake by itself is solid. Had minor troubles getting it to sit flush under the hood but nothing major. First time I closed the hood, the light still stayed on saying the hood was open. I closed it hard the 2nd time and that light went away. The MAF connector on my car felt like it was short? And I had to stretch it all the way, just so it could reach to the MAF sensor on the intake. Not sure if it is the intake housing design or my MAF connector that is short.

Tune:
Uploading the Tune was very easy. Some weird behavior after the tune got done uploading. My TC lights stayed on until I turned off the car and turned it back on 2-3 times. Then the TC lights went away.

Inspection: Once I got everything installed, I made sure everything was tightened up. All the hoses were connected. Started up the car and checked for any weird behavior under the hood. Moved my hands around the intake tube to make sure I am not feeling any air (I know if I had someone to rev it for me that would be better)

Drive and Review:
Slowly pulled out of my garage hoping nothing breaks. Drove like a legit human for the first 10 minutes to make sure everything looks good. IAT's were 4-6 above ambient which is very good! When stock, it was always at least 10-12 above ambient, even on the highway. Now after monitoring all the gauges for 10-15 mins as I am driving, I knew it is time to test it! So, in normal mode, I gun it. Right away it feels like it is breathing a lot better and it goes. Now I switched it to Track mode. That is when I felt the beast is unleashed and felt the biggest difference. It is a significant improvement over stock. I will do a full video review in a couple days after driving a bit more. :)
As far as the MAF wire being short, if you follow the wire down aways you can pull one of the attach clips off and obtain more slack and re-attach to the box and further down the length wire tie it as needed. It's what I did and I have plenty of slack with it now.
Sponsored