Steeda Bullitt Tune questions

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
Does anyone own this tune and can let me know if it is worth putting on my stock 2019 bullitt. Would I notice a difference? Also, I have heard others on this forum say it reduces crackles and pops which I definitely don’t want. Can anyone confirm this? I also see steeda offers two different tuners, the SCT X4 and the SCT BDX, which is better?

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-999-tune-b-bullitt-tune
Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Does anyone own this tune and can let me know if it is worth putting on my stock 2019 bullitt. Would I notice a difference? Also, I have heard others on this forum say it reduces crackles and pops which I definitely don’t want. Can anyone confirm this? I also see steeda offers two different tuners, the SCT X4 and the SCT BDX, which is better?

You might like to read this thread.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/to-tune-or-not-to-tune-tuning-by-james-tune.134976/

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
1) you’ll need to ask a tuner weather or not, the crackles and pops are directly related to the tune. The focus RS did, the crackle was intentional and by design, then it became available to the other hot hatch models by reverse engineering the tune. Same thing happened with the ghost cams and the track key idle plus both could be modified by the end tuner
2) according to the bullitt engineering team they also added a light idle lope, aka track key idle. And I’ve yet to see this confirmed

best thing to do is get ahold of something like Shaun Perry at AED or Ken at palm beach dyno and ask if they’ve gone into the code and seen any bullitt specific changes

the stock bullitt tune super conservative

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I didn’t notoce a lopey muscle car idle on mine, but I sure wish it had one. I’m currently working on my data logging for Lund. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think that I can get the Ghost Cam Idle tune with catted LT headers.

Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I didn’t notoce a lopey muscle car idle on mine, but I sure wish it had one. I’m currently working on my data logging for Lund. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think that I can get the Ghost Cam Idle tune with catted LT headers.
you can get a ghost cam tune with the stock cats if you looked hard enough lmfao

but they’ll clog up

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
you can get a ghost cam tune with the stock cats if you looked hard enough lmfao

but they’ll clog up
It sounds cool and eliminates the need to tear into the engine to install a set of cams, but it’s not worth damaging my cats. I’ll just stick with a good tune and smooth idle for a trouble free setup.

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
It sounds cool and eliminates the need to tear into the engine to install a set of cams, but it’s not worth damaging my cats. I’ll just stick with a good tune and smooth idle for a trouble free setup.
Which tune are you thinking about doing what company

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Which tune are you thinking about doing what company
I purchased a Lund Racing nGauge tuner from Steeda. I’m currently working with Lund (recording and emailing data logs to them for review), to dial in my 93 pump gas tune and move on to flex and E85 tunes from there.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
I noticed it about a month ago and was like....

Did ford ghost cam this oshite?

Sponsored

Cajunrice

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Mine was tuned by PBD, I can confirm to you that it does not crackle and pop like it used too. To be honest I think it sounds better now and the performance is night and day. I have been running E85 for about 4000 mile now.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Mine was tuned by PBD, I can confirm to you that it does not crackle and pop like it used too. To be honest I think it sounds better now and the performance is night and day. I have been running E85 for about 4000 mile now.
What mods do you have and what did she put down on the Dyno before and after the E85 tune?

Cajunrice

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
What mods do you have and what did she put down on the Dyno before and after the E85 tune?
I had it remote tuned so I don't have numbers. The car is stock aside from the tune and BMR springs and a few suspension mods. I will be installing cat deletes and and x pipe this weekend.

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt

Hi Mate
Just to let you know I got a Shrader tune on my 2020 Bullitt and I’m really impressed with it.
Vehicle idles with more lope and bangs and pops even more than before power gains are great too.
Also got the ghost cam tune and sounds awesome.

cheers
Sponsored