Sponsored

Bullitt exhaust sounds changes with steeda tune?

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I want it all :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
destiny.seeker

destiny.seeker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hoyoon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
The last email I had from James after datalogging with the tunes he said that the car goes right into coasting fuel shut off as soon as I let up on the throttle. On the stock tune it apparently does not so he said we’ll probably have to play with the conditions for when the car goes into CFSO.

For me the exhaust note sounds good on the tunes. Just no rumbles and pops on downshifts or between shifts anymore which as others have said is half the fun.
Thanks for the update. It is great to hear that you and James are getting some solutions for the concerns. I have not heard from him yet, but I understand that since it was getting to the weekend.

For the past few days, I also realized that I might have the same issue as well as you after closely looking into the rumbles and pops. It is hardly there in comparison to the stock sound. So it is good to know that one of my two issues has a good potential to be solved. :D

I want the exhaust note on acceleration to be improved as well if possible, but I will still take it if the rumble and pops parts get restored. I also noticed that acceleration tone sounds better with track mode exhaust set with the steeda tune while it sounded perfect in sport exhaust mode before with stock tune. (it was too loud for my taste with track exhaust mode on stock tune before..) Thus, I found a way around for one my issues as well.

OP
OP
destiny.seeker

destiny.seeker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hoyoon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
[a little update for everyone]

I have received a new revised tune from James a couple of days ago, and it fixed the crackles and rumbles issue that I and the other member were having. I used to have 10% of guggling with the first steeda tune in comparison to the ford stock tune, and now I do have 80% of it. I am very happy about it. It is still a little quieter than the stock tune and I need to shift at a little higher RPM than the stock tune to hear the crackles more clearly.

I think those changes have things to do with the overall exhaust note changes that I got with the steeda tune as I stated in my very first post. The stock tune's overall exhaust note is definitely deeper and louder than the stock with all different driving mode changes.

I used to love sport exhaust mode the best with the stock tune loaded, but now I like the track exhaust mode better than the sport mode with the steeda tune loaded for that reason. I will test drive my car with different tunes loaded for the next few days to have a better observation.

at this point, the sound of the exhaust with steeda tune is 80-90% closer to the original tune's sound track at this point.

Last edited:

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
For those of us who thought the gap from quiet to normal was too much and wanted something in between stock quiet and stock normal, is this it?

OP
OP
destiny.seeker

destiny.seeker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hoyoon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
For those of us who thought the gap from quiet to normal was too much and wanted something in between stock quiet and stock normal, is this it?
Similar. now the steeda track is somewhere between stock track and sport. and the steeda sport is somewhere between stock sport and stock normal in terms of volume. But the tone itself is also deeper with the stock tune, and I think it makes it sound louder than what it really is with the stock tune.

I am 'ok' with the steeda track mode even though I still prefer the stock sport mode sound a bit more over it. :D

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Do you notice any performance improvements though?

With my Livernois tune on my old '16 GT, it was the best mod, but I noticed nothing with the Bullitt. I think there was more room for an improvement in the '15-'17 engines (420hp) and not so much on the Bullitt that's already at 480hp.

OP
OP
destiny.seeker

destiny.seeker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hoyoon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Do you notice any performance improvements though?

With my Livernois tune on my old '16 GT, it was the best mod, but I noticed nothing with the Bullitt. I think there was more room for an improvement in the '15-'17 engines (420hp) and not so much on the Bullitt that's already at 480hp.
I don't have any experience with regular recent year GT with the tune, so I can not comment on it.

But, I can tell that I had noticed a huge improvement with tunes for my 08 Bullitt and 08 GT500 back then to the point that I felt my car became so sluggish with the stock tune reloaded.

With this tune one 20 Bullitt, I noticed the performance difference in terms of smoother acceleration at lower RPM range. As a result, it feels more lively and lighter with a tune in comparison to the stock tune. So, yes, there is some moderate performance improvement that I could tell with this tune.

But I admit that the performance gain is not as great as my old 08 Bullitt and GT500 with custom tunes loaded. Like you said, this edition bullitt is probably already very well optimized from the factory both in terms of performance and sound.

scottso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
There is definitely a noticeable improvement in the butt dyno with the 93 tune in the low end torque. It’s huge with e85. I have a hard time switching back to 93 honestly.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Thanks both but like I mentioned earlier, the low end improvement you're both seeing is likely just a more responsive throttle map. I'n curious to know at FULL throttle if you notice anything above 4000 rpm say.

scottso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks both but like I mentioned earlier, the low end improvement you're both seeing is likely just a more responsive throttle map. I'n curious to know at FULL throttle if you notice anything above 4000 rpm say.
If it was just throttle response the 93 and e85 tunes would feel the same on the low end and that’s definitely not the case. I have no numbers for you beyond what you can find with a quick google search.

Sponsored

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
And looking at the Steeda dyno there is significant bump in low end torque.

Chente04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
So would I just need to contact James at Tuning by James to get a revised exhaust tune? Is there a fee for this? I have the Steeda Bullitt tune but havent loaded it yet.

OP
OP
destiny.seeker

destiny.seeker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hoyoon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
So would I just need to contact James at Tuning by James to get a revised exhaust tune? Is there a fee for this? I have the Steeda Bullitt tune but havent loaded it yet.
That is what I did, and he sent me the revised tune at no extra cost. It usually takes a week or so to hear back from him thru email, but he is very good at explaining details of the change he made.

go ask James if you are concerned about the acoustic feeling as much as I am. There is no difference in terms of performance between the 1st and 2nd tune with my experience. :D

brado_w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bradon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2017 GTI
Makes me sad that I would lose that rumble and pop, something I REALLY like about this car...

guess I’ll wait to see if they ever fully support the exhaust tone with a tune
Sponsored