Stay Away From Corsa

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It’s funny that most people are saying it’s install error every time for this. In THIS particular case, yes he needs to do a better job aligning BUT the fact still remains that even with Corsa themselves installing the exhaust on their own lift, the 18+ kit fitment is off. They have a stand-alone video on how to align the tips so they are more centered in the bumper yet even in their own video they are off.

CJ Pony Parts is the same way with both install videos of the non-adjustable versions. You can see the reviews on their site and AmericanMuscle.com along with customer supplied pictures all showing the same thing. If this were a $300 knockoff of a corsa catback that would be one thing. Fact is, you are paying the better part of $2000 for a non-performance adding part that fits like a cheap Chinese clone. It’s hard enough to justify their price tag for some stainless pipes and a couple mufflers. It’s even harder when it looks like that, especially when they tag so much pride on social media about how awesome their tips are. I love the sound. My brother has a Corsa on his f150 and loves it. I also wanted a Corsa catback for my fbodies. Sound wise I’m still split between a Corsa Sport, AWE sport and a Borla S-Type for my car. I think it’s an awesome exhaust but they cheaped out on the 18+ version and the fitment shows.
Closer to $1200 when you aren't paying advertised pricing. I stuck with Corsa because they offer the 3" solution from front to back. The others do not. The 3" direct connect into the X-Pipe is great.

When I had my Scion FR-S, I went through a ton of different exhausts and ran into all sorts of different fitment issues between multiple brands. With the amount of adjustment and play the clamps allow and the brackets on the Mustang, there's always room for error on a lot of these setups. I do believe the fitment should be better out of the box for a pricey setup, but the sound makes up for the adjusting.
Sponsored

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Closer to $1200 when you aren't paying advertised pricing. I stuck with Corsa because they offer the 3" solution from front to back. The others do not. The 3" direct connect into the X-Pipe is great.

When I had my Scion FR-S, I went through a ton of different exhausts and ran into all sorts of different fitment issues between multiple brands. With the amount of adjustment and play the clamps allow and the brackets on the Mustang, there's always room for error on a lot of these setups. I do believe the fitment should be better out of the box for a pricey setup, but the sound makes up for the adjusting.
That’s still a damn lot of money for something that not even the manufacturer can install right and something that only changes the exhaust sound. They are still charging top dollar for something they didn’t even redesign or change anything other than welding another tip on.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
It’s funny that most people are saying it’s install error every time for this. In THIS particular case, yes he needs to do a better job aligning BUT the fact still remains that even with Corsa themselves installing the exhaust on their own lift, the 18+ kit fitment is off. They have a stand-alone video on how to align the tips so they are more centered in the bumper yet even in their own video they are off.

CJ Pony Parts is the same way with both install videos of the non-adjustable versions. You can see the reviews on their site and AmericanMuscle.com along with customer supplied pictures all showing the same thing. If this were a $300 knockoff of a corsa catback that would be one thing. Fact is, you are paying the better part of $2000 for a non-performance adding part that fits like a cheap Chinese clone. It’s hard enough to justify their price tag for some stainless pipes and a couple mufflers. It’s even harder when it looks like that, especially when they tag so much pride on social media about how awesome their tips are. I love the sound. My brother has a Corsa on his f150 and loves it. I also wanted a Corsa catback for my fbodies. Sound wise I’m still split between a Corsa Sport, AWE sport and a Borla S-Type for my car. I think it’s an awesome exhaust but they cheaped out on the 18+ version and the fitment shows.
Everyone saying their fit fine has a 15-17 too, this is a 2018 with quad tips so it's really important the tips line up or it will look like ass, this is visible in some install videos from AM, LMR, and CJPP. I ended up getting the Maganflow catback since it's the only on I could see in videos and pictures that allowed me to make the correct adjustments to get the tips alined. It showed up and during install I was able to get everything lined up in the drive way, no exhaust shop trips, welding, or anything, my $1300 exhaust fit like it should :p
The passenger side outer tip looks a hair higher, but I went back and fixed that

IMG_2623.JPG

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Everyone saying their fit fine has a 15-17 too, this is a 2018 with quad tips so it's really important the tips line up or it will look like ass, this is visible in some install videos from AM, LMR, and CJPP. I ended up getting the Maganflow catback since it's the only on I could see in videos and pictures that allowed me to make the correct adjustments to get the tips alined. It showed up and during install I was able to get everything lined up in the drive way, no exhaust shop trips, welding, or anything, my $1300 exhaust fit like it should :p
The passenger side outer tip looks a hair higher, but I went back and fixed that

IMG_2623.JPG
Just figured I'd throw out there mine is an 18 and fitment is fine, no welding needed or anything.

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

IMG_2623.JPG
This is why I switched from wanting a sport to the s-type. Plus it has some nice pops and crackles that the corsa doesn’t.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
To get my close, had to loosen and tighten a few times. To get 100% centered and the right height, I had to bend both hangers a bit. No problem since hangers being bent. Breaker bar is your friend.

Mine looked way worse than yours on first bolt up. Way, way, way, worse.

Quad tip 18 BTW.

ihateimacs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 68 mustang, Turbo 95 mustang, Turbo Santa Fe
I had the same issue with mine when I installed. I loosened the clamps and rotated the pipe with the muffler (was awkward by myself and took few attempts) and re-tightened. I can tell by your picture that this is all you need to do.

Where are you located? Maybe we have someone local to you that can lend a hand?

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like you tightened them while they were in full sag. It really takes two people or an extra jack to hold them up while you torque the clamps down.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I really wish Corsa would just include the jacking up the muffler part in instructions if you're solo installing. Your life will be much easier.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Never heard anything bad on here about Corsa.
Cause when your spending a stupid amount of money on an exhaust.. sometimes your too embarrassed to say anything bad about it IMO.
I've seen 200$ kits fit much better then 1000$ kits, & vice versa. But for corsa money, I agree, the quality of the fit does not match the price.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I really don't see what all the b!tching is about. I installed my corsa on my back on ramps by myself. Fit and alignment is perfect. Verified by eye and tape measure.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've installed a few Corsa exhausts and fixed the fitment on a few others that the owner installed. It's a nightmare. My Solo Performance exhaust has adjustable tips so even if you totally screw up the pipe fitment, you can adjust the tips to make them look pristine. But I never really have to even dropping the exhaust and putting it back up as I do in my car quite often for various reasons. I've installed Magnaflow (Steeda's catback) and those seem to go on just fine. MBRP is hit or miss but it's a lower-priced exhaust so it's as if I'm more than willing to fight it a bit to get it right, and when I have to I'm usually successful. I've only once had to bend a hanger.

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I really don't see what all the b!tching is about. I installed my corsa on my back on ramps by myself. Fit and alignment is perfect. Verified by eye and tape measure.
Because the 18+ kits don't fit very well and are more expensive than the 15-17 kits. 1400-2000+ for something that doesn't change performance in any way is a very niche market, and it gets even worse when it fits horrible (for the price point).
Sponsored