Sponsored

Start CarPlay?

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Either USB will work sometimes if your iphone is locked it wont start so you may have to swipe up on the phone to allow it. That's happened to me a couple of times I know.
I have also found that connecting a locked iPhone usually doesn't start CP. I've made it a habit to always unlock before connecting.
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
It's using Sync4 though yeah? I wonder if that will be an option that we can upgrade on the 2021 Mustangs?
I will take a picture of the software version. Hopefully the 2021 and over get sync 4 but that might be wishful thinking

OP
OP
Goodwood

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue/Black Mustang GT Premium
So, connect (mifi approved) cable, unlock phone, start car? Surely it's ok to lock phone after connecting? I have another question. How do you get the Sat interface back on-screen, but stay connected to CP?

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
In regards to first question, unlock phone before plugging in. Otherwise, you're correct. For the second question, selecting the Ford tile in CP takes you back to Sync home where you can select nav (I don't have nav so I don't know if there's another way within CP).

Sponsored

DanTheMan68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What does it take to make CarPlay start up? The 1st time I plugged phone into usb below radio it didn't work. Minutes later, got back in, plugged iphone back in, started car and it was working. Did I do something special to make it start up, and will the usb port in the console also work?
In the iPhone settings there is an option called “Allow CarPlay While Locked”. Make sure it’s enabled. Below the link on how to enable it

https://stereoupgrade.com/allow-carplay-while-locked/

1661448468693.png

I also use the USB in the centre console and have a wire hanging out the side that I plug my iPhone into. CarPlay starts anytime even the screen is locked.

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
In the iPhone settings there is an option called “Allow CarPlay While Locked”. Make sure it’s enabled. Below the link on how to enable it

https://stereoupgrade.com/allow-carplay-while-locked/

1661448468693.png

I also use the USB in the centre console and have a wire hanging out the side that I plug my iPhone into. CarPlay starts anytime even the screen is locked.
Mine has always been enabled and I also use the console USB.

We recently bought a 2022 Escape with Sync3 and today I noticed that my phone connected to it without being unlocked. Very odd.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Mine has always been enabled and I also use the console USB.

We recently bought a 2022 Escape with Sync3 and today I noticed that my phone connected to it without being unlocked. Very odd.
Because you enable it once but if you restart your phone and try again it won’t connect

Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Mine worked great every time for the first two years.

Now it's a complete hit or miss. Works fine the whole time: doesn't work at all: switches back and forth every couple seconds. I use SiriusXM still on the discounted deals. When it won't stick to either or...I rage unplug the phone.

Multiple cables: both ports.

Sometimes turning the car off then back on works. Resetting the Sync unit seems to work at least once right away before going back to "random mode".

Very very fucking annoying!!!

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I use it every day, phone is always locked. I do have a port issue on the phone though. If I bump the phone I will lose audio briefly and deliberately applying pressure to the cable at the phone will cause it to disconnect. So that is a phone issue, not the car in my case.
Sponsored