Stage 2 or Stage Ben Calimer MT82

tbutera23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
My 3rd gear went out on my stock MT82 so it’s time to upgrade. My mustang is supercharged making somewhere around 650 WHP. My question is which stage MT82 should I go with. I don’t drag race the car at all just occasionally roll racing/weekend fun. I have an Exedy hyper series twin disc clutch and MGW shifter. I just don’t want to spend the extra money on the Stage 3 if it isn’t necessary. Thanks
Sponsored

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
The stage 3 is the only trans with the new Gforce billet gears that'll handle abuse. Since you've got a SC'd car and a manual, I don't see why you wouldn't spend the extra cash and get the stage 3. That's what I'm going to get if I break my trans after going FI. Spend the money now with some piece of mind that the trans should hold up to spirited driving. Money well spent now will be cheaper in the long run if you get a stage 2 and break something in it and then have to do it all over again. Build the car the right way. Trust me, I've spent more money replacing shit on other cars that I already replaced once just to save some bucks. I won't do that again.

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
Or do what I did, Tremec T-56 magun! I also blew my third gear and ordered the new trans. Installing next week

Frenetic74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/performance pack
Or do what I did, Tremec T-56 magun! I also blew my third gear and ordered the new trans. Installing next week
I blew up my 6th gear and am looking into doing the same. I have A 2016 PP W/Roush sc. and the 3.73 super 8 torsion rear, which gear set did you go with? The 2.66 or 2.97 first?

Frenetic74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
My 3rd gear went out on my stock MT82 so it’s time to upgrade. My mustang is supercharged making somewhere around 650 WHP. My question is which stage MT82 should I go with. I don’t drag race the car at all just occasionally roll racing/weekend fun. I have an Exedy hyper series twin disc clutch and MGW shifter. I just don’t want to spend the extra money on the Stage 3 if it isn’t necessary. Thanks
After talking with Ben Calimer it’s better to go with the stage-3 due to the upgraded gear set. Ben says it can handle 1000hp/900tq. I’m looking into the same and dropping my rear diff ring and pinion down to a 3.31 to make 1&2 more useable and bump the top speed in 5th. 6th can’t be used to pull. That’s why I’m in the market, made boost in 6th and ghosted it.

Sponsored

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
I blew up my 6th gear and am looking into doing the same. I have A 2016 PP W/Roush sc. and the 3.73 super 8 torsion rear, which gear set did you go with? The 2.66 or 2.97 first?
I got 2.97 first gear with 3.31 pumkin. gears are long and the launch takes a bit to build boost since I am TT. A lot of people said to get 2.66 but I opted for 2.97 since I will wanna make 1000 wheel. but when I roll race, the gear holds boost forever :D and it keeps the boost building. i only make 800 wheel at the moment but when I make more, it will pick up quicker. But most people get 2.66 first gear

Frenetic74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Ended up going with the Calimer Stage-3 MT-82 with 26 spline input shaft. Build includes a new 26 spline clutch disc from Centerforce, a REM polished 3.31 R&P and a MGW shifter. Work started today. Will report back with driving impressions when completed.

Kane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I have recently installed RXT McLeod clutch, clutch line, 1 piece driveshaft & mgw shifter. My understanding they all would fit perfectly in Calimer Stage-3 since it's MT82 correct?

Is it better to go with T56 instead?
My understanding I'd have to replace all those parts i just got which is tio much... But Is it worth it? Or Calimer Stage-3 MT-82 is actually decent & can take a beat?
Sponsored