OP
OP
17BlueCoyote

17BlueCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Hate to revive this thread but my cars at lpf right now getting a twin kit, mantic dual clutch, mgw race shifter and braided hose......they said my-82 is garbage and wait til it blows and get a tremec ir turbo. People on this thread even say, when speaking to calimer, even he says the tremec is better and the mt-82 is not worth it.

swapping its 5-6k to auto, or anything.....seems like a waste if calimer can make an awesome stage 3 for 3400. Kind of want a fun high powered street car until i go full blown race car (auto etc etc).

then my fun street car will be a gt350 lol (with a whipple)
Well I just finished installing a Calimer stage 3, w/ a Mantic clutch. I will be pushing the hell out it, with 900+. Once I get everything broke in, I'll let you know how it holds up.
Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Well I just finished installing a Calimer stage 3, w/ a Mantic clutch. I will be pushing the hell out it, with 900+. Once I get everything broke in, I'll let you know how it holds up.
Sweet.

now just need to decide between stage 2 or 3

does anyone know the uprade if a stage 2 were to be upgraded to 3

Last edited:
OP
OP
17BlueCoyote

17BlueCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Billet gearset, I’ve broken 2 stage 2, do yourself a favor and just get the stage 3
Guys, remember Calimer stage 1 & 2 still have stock gears in them. If you plan on throwing some real power at it, go stage 3.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
now if they only made a stg3 for the MT82D4... he made a post a long time ago that it was beefier then the 15-17 but havent seen or heard anything since. I had horrible lock out above 6300rpm, A wot box really really helped believe it or not. not perfect but was better then the fluids, clutch spring, clutch line, MGW. none of those did anything. After the WOT Box about 80% of my 7500rpm shifts went decently. not as fast as i wanted but better then before by a huge margin. then the shift fork went. while they were replacing the shift forks and something else in there, i had them do a Mantic. 8k shifts with wot box or without no problem at all.

I dont know if it was 100% clutch, i believe it was. But i was able to shift just fine on 2 other 18+ GT's no problem. maybe mine was just a combo of clutch and trans. Its not as silky smooth as my friends 18 1SS 1LE, but way better then what it was. still feel a slight notch if i preload 2nd going into 3rd as fast as i can.

Sponsored

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
For me, the deciding factory was safety. There's no way to do any kind of SFI Housing on a mt82. If something blows and starts flying, you better hope its flying downwards or straight up.

OP
OP
17BlueCoyote

17BlueCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
For me, the deciding factory was safety. There's no way to do any kind of SFI Housing on a mt82. If something blows and starts flying, you better hope its flying downwards or straight up.
Yeah I'm not touching the safety topic lol. Wrap a kevlar blanket around it and pray

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Ugggghhh this sucks.....i wish i didnt pre buy my mgw shifter snd get an amazing deal on the mantic dual clutch.

sfi housing? Theres guys going 8’s with the a10....... how are they doing?

i wonder if calimer has any 18+ mt82’s

does anyone want to buy a dual clutch mantic, mgw race spec and jpc braided hose? Still in box at lpf. Lol. Mantic was rebuilt in house at mantic and resold

Last edited:

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Ugggghhh this sucks.....i wish i didnt pre buy my mgw shifter snd get an amazing deal on the mantic dual clutch.

sfi housing? Theres guys going 8’s with the a10....... how are they doing?

i wonder if calimer has any 18+ mt82’s

does anyone want to buy a dual clutch mantic, mgw race spec and jpc braided hose? Still in box at lpf. Lol. Mantic was rebuilt in house at mantic and resold
The SFI Housing is more of a concern on a clutch car where the flywheels rolling at 5-6-7,000 RPM and then the clutch is releasing and shocking it. Torque Converters usually just shatter internally if they're going to fail, and they make kevlar blankets for transmission cases, not specifically for clutch enclosures.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Are you telling me im going to die if i drag this car?

Sponsored

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Are you telling me im going to die if i drag this car?
Do whatever you want to do. All I'm saying is that I made the decision to go Tremec Magnum because I know that once my car is back together, I will I beat the shit out of it. And with beating the shit out of it, there's always a chance that something fails. If that something that fails is the flywheel/clutch, I'd much rather be looking back on the incident and think "wow, I'm glad I sucked up and spent more money to get the Magnum for the SFI Bellhousing option" than be looking back with a broken/damaged/missing lower appendage thinking "damn, I wish I would of spent the money and upgraded to something with a SFI Bellhousing"

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Do whatever you want to do. All I'm saying is that I made the decision to go Tremec Magnum because I know that once my car is back together, I will I beat the shit out of it. And with beating the shit out of it, there's always a chance that something fails. If that something that fails is the flywheel/clutch, I'd much rather be looking back on the incident and think "wow, I'm glad I sucked up and spent more money to get the Magnum for the SFI Bellhousing option" than be looking back with a broken/damaged/missing lower appendage thinking "damn, I wish I would of spent the money and upgraded to something with a SFI Bellhousing"
how much rwhp are you planning.

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Doesn’t matter. Something can go wrong at 400 wheel or 2400 wheel.
if you can get 2400 to the wheels on a s550......im driving up there to see it

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)