Squealing sound when braking?

Celestias

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (Silver Ingot)
Happy I didn't have to wait until after April 27th! Some dealers have the parts, some don't.

Picked her up yesterday afternoon and so far so good.

All in all they found the TSB after reproducing the noise. They replaced both front brake pads, rotors and calipers. Time will tell but I didnt have any squealing so far...

:clap2:
Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Glad we're able to get most of these Pony's calmed down. If anyone's still having an issue, remember to shoot me or Nick a PM. We'll look into the situation further. :headbang:

Jeff

Fastback15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT Premium
Welp, the dealership still refuses to acknowledge the horrendous screeching coming from the front right area of my car while braking. This war of attrition has been going on since November. Absolutely unacceptable. Hoping one of the Ford reps on here can actually help me out.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Welp, the dealership still refuses to acknowledge the horrendous screeching coming from the front right area of my car while braking. This war of attrition has been going on since November. Absolutely unacceptable. Hoping one of the Ford reps on here can actually help me out.
It's ridiculous that a dealership with a TSB in front of them won't fix this issue. Have Ford give them a call.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Fastback15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT Premium
So Ford, are we just up shits creek if we didn't get the brembos but are having the EXACT same issue?? Because based on the actual TSB specifically citing performance package, that's how it looks. And that's how my dealer is treating it as well.

Enough is enough. My neighbors have actually complained about my car pulling out of the garage in the AM the squeal is so loud.

GT Pony: That is exactly what I said to my dealer and they said "well, the TSB doesn't apply to your VIN#". I then said the TSB just means performance brakes and is not confined to the brembos. They then responded with the exact same statement, adding only brembos are covered.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Pony: That is exactly what I said to my dealer and they said "well, the TSB doesn't apply to your VIN#".
See my last post ... I linked the TSB.

If Ford is putting your VIN into the system and it doesn't show as applicable, and your car IS squealing, then Ford needs to look into that more.

Was your car built after 2/11/2015? If so, and your brakes are squealing then maybe Ford hasn't really accurately defined the cut-off VIN/build date.

And the dealership is totally wrong if they say the TSB only applies to GTs with the Brembo brakes. It's that other way around ... its the ones WITHOUT the Brembo brakes.

Fastback15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT Premium
See my last post ... I linked the TSB.

If Ford is putting your VIN into the system and it doesn't show as applicable, and your car IS squealing, then Ford needs to look into that more.

Was your car built after 2/11/2015? If so, and your brakes are squealing then maybe Ford hasn't really accurately defined the cut-off VIN/build date.

And the dealership is totally wrong if they say the TSB only applies to GTs with the Brembo brakes. It's that other way around ... its the ones WITHOUT the Brembo brakes.
Purchased in October so I don't understand why my VIN supposedly doesn't apply. Also note, I have been to my dealership twice regarding this issue. Both times they replicated the issue but stated it was "normal" with these brakes. Needless to say, I've had quite a few disagreements with my dealership on this issue and don't know what else to do.

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Street
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)
They are reading it wrong. It's for EB'with the performance pack (which gives them the regular GT 4 piston breaks) and for GT's non PP.

Sponsored

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the TSB already performed and my car was built in October, yet it does not show up when I look up TSB's for my VIN. You need to contact the Ford Service rep on this post, just scroll up and you will see him. They will hopefully get you to the RSM who will rectify this for you. I had a stubborn dealership and was forced to go that route. The sound is definitely NOT normal and maybe you need a new dealer if these tools think it is. Even my dealer, who is filled with tools, agreed it wasn't normal.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Purchased in October so I don't understand why my VIN supposedly doesn't apply. Also note, I have been to my dealership twice regarding this issue. Both times they replicated the issue but stated it was "normal" with these brakes. Needless to say, I've had quite a few disagreements with my dealership on this issue and don't know what else to do.
You need one of the Ford Reps here to get with the dealership and set things right. From what I'm reading from you, the dealership is clueless.

Fastback15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT Premium
You need one of the Ford Reps here to get with the dealership and set things right. From what I'm reading from you, the dealership is clueless.
Yea, that's the first thing I did yesterday the second I got off the phone with the dealership. Still waiting to hear back

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey Fastback15,

Replicating the concern is a good start. Send over a PM with your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. I'll look into this. :)

Jeff

Fastback15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT Premium
Hey Fastback15,

Replicating the concern is a good start. Send over a PM with your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. I'll look into this. :)

Jeff
Appreciate it. I sent this info over yesterday. Let me know if I need to re-send.
Sponsored