POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
My mistake. I just broke out the tape measure. The new front rotors are 13 inches across. The rears are 12 inches.
Glad that someone was able to measure the new ones and confirm that they're the same size as the old ones.
Sponsored

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
i think i heard some sqeak on the new ones this morning...i might have to do more testing
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :doh::brokenheart:

It's just a mouse!

tx91_stang

GT S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red Mustang GT
these are the new rotors
image.jpg

tx91_stang

GT S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red Mustang GT
Looks like a 14" rotor to me
image.jpg

SlowRed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red GT
Sure does. So if I remember the previous post right the original squealers are 13"? So we end up getting an extra inch?

Sponsored

tx91_stang

GT S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red Mustang GT
in no break expert but if the size of the rotor changes wouldnt the caliper change as well?

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Sure does. So if I remember the previous post right the original squealers are 13"? So we end up getting an extra inch?
Can't be the case. There are only two parts on the TSB - Rotors and Pads, and the pads are the OEM part number. if they were changing the size of the rotor, they would at least have to install new caliper mounts, so that the caliper is installed at the correct location. Also, the pads would have the incorrect radius, so they would need to be replaced as well.

I just can't see any way that the replacement rotor wouldn't be the same size as the original one...

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Can't be the case. There are only two parts on the TSB - Rotors and Pads, and the pads are the OEM part number. if they were changing the size of the rotor, they would at least have to install new caliper mounts, so that the caliper is installed at the correct location. Also, the pads would have the incorrect radius, so they would need to be replaced as well.

I just can't see any way that the replacement rotor wouldn't be the same size as the original one...
That's what I said a few days ago. I imagine that it has to be the same size or the outer circumference of the caliper wouldn't match up with the different sized rotor.

SlowRed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red GT
Guess I'll figure out what happened when I take my Car back to dealer I'll just stick around and ask to see the two one on top of each other

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The 6.5 radius I gave last night was a rough eyeball measurement with the wheel on the car. I saw on the Ford specs that the GTs without the PP get 14" front rotors and 13" rear rotors.

So if someone has measured the new rotors to be 14" diameter, then they are the same size as the original rotors.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't be the case. There are only two parts on the TSB - Rotors and Pads, and the pads are the OEM part number.
On the same token, if the new rotors called out in the TSB have the same exact part number as the original rotors, then technically nothing has changed. If Ford was to change the design, even if it was just a small change in the metallurgy and you couldn't even tell by looking at the old and new side-by-side, they would have changed the part number to tell which one is the old/bad one and which one is the new/good one.

If it is exactly the same p/n, then I'm thinking they must have gotten a bad batch of rotors and are just changing them out with good ones of the same exact spec and part number.

SlowRed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red GT
Thanks GT. Now I understand first mustang/performance car I ever owned. Traded my 2012 Ram 3500 longhorn dually diesel. For it's been good just sucks with all the damn issues

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
On the same token, if the new rotors called out in the TSB have the same exact part number as the original rotors, then technically nothing has changed. If Ford was to change the design, even if it was just a small change in the metallurgy and you couldn't even tell by looking at the old and new side-by-side, they would have changed the part number to tell which one is the old/bad one and which one is the new/good one.

If it is exactly the same p/n, then I'm thinking they must have gotten a bad batch of rotors and are just changing them out with good ones of the same exact spec and part number.
I can tell the difference by looking at them. The new ones look like a smaller version of the brembo rotors. They look cleaner.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can tell the difference by looking at them. The new ones look like a smaller version of the brembo rotors. They look cleaner.
Sounds like a good direction for the fix. So I'm betting the original part number of the rotors is not the same as the part number shown on the
TSB. Can someone verify the two part numbers and compare.

Car manufactures usually don't use the same part number for two different designs. Even if one part succeeds another, the part number is changed somehow to distinguish a change has occurred.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks GT. Now I understand first mustang/performance car I ever owned. Traded my 2012 Ram 3500 longhorn dually diesel. For it's been good just sucks with all the damn issues
:thumbsup: ... dang, talk about two ends of the spectrum. Diesel dually to a Mustang GT. :D
Sponsored