Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I was in and out in just over an hour today. So far everything is good. On the invoice they gave me shows two rotors and 1 brake lining set.
Sponsored

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
I am also having issues getting them and I placed my order the day after the TSB was released! I am extremely upset that it seems there are plenty of people who possibly ordered after me and have gotten theirs done already. My noise is continually getting worse and making me not want to drive my car. Is there anyone else here who is having trouble getting them?
They said a bunch of larger dealerships are showing them in stock which is frustrating.oh well the waits not a big deal,I'll just use the ebrake in squeal prone situations :headbonk:

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Can somebody post a pic of their invoice on here that shows the part numbers? Thanks.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I've got a new GT Premium w/o the PP that was built in Dec 2014. Only have ~175 miles so far an the brakes are dead silent. Is this brake squeal something that take a while to show up with more use/miles on the car? With any TSB, some cars will never show the symptoms.

I didn't read this whole long thread, so was there an explanation why the rotors had to also be replace also to get rid of the squeal ... that seems kind of strange to me since squealing brakes are usually caused by the pads.

SlowRed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red GT
GT Pony Mine started squealing a few days ago started with a quick squeak (about 600 miles) now getting worse more of a squeal. (900 miles)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
GT Pony Mine started squealing a few days ago started with a quick squeak (about 600 miles) now getting worse more of a squeal. (900 miles)
That sucks ... guess I'll keep my ears open to see if it pops up with more miles. Thanks!

Sponsored

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a new GT Premium w/o the PP that was built in Dec 2014. Only have ~175 miles so far an the brakes are dead silent. Is this brake squeal something that take a while to show up with more use/miles on the car? With any TSB, some cars will never show the symptoms.

I didn't read this whole long thread, so was there an explanation why the rotors had to also be replace also to get rid of the squeal ... that seems kind of strange to me since squealing brakes are usually caused by the pads.

Mine started at a little over 200 and has progressively gotten worse. The only information I was given about what is wrong is that there is something wrong with the rotors and that's it. Someone else on here may have been given a better explanation but this is what I was told by a Ford Regional Service Manager.

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mine started at a little over 200 and has progressively gotten worse. The only information I was given about what is wrong is that there is something wrong with the rotors and that's it. Someone else on here may have been given a better explanation but this is what I was told by a Ford Regional Service Manager.
I'll soon be replacing my rotors with Rotorpros drilled/slotted ones. I will report back on this thread with the outcome. Keep an eye on my journal (link in my signature)... I'll post pics of the swap there, too.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
So I called the parts department trying to see if they maybe had those parts in and low and behold they have those parts in stock. The parts manager tells me that they are special ordered for customers so I give him my name and sure enough they are my parts and they have been sitting at the dealership since the 13th. Yet I spoke to the Service manager on the 17th and he had no clue where they were and still didn't know as of yesterday. I'm heading there now to get them installed, at least I hope. Hopefully I will have good news to report back.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
That sucks ... guess I'll keep my ears open to see if it pops up with more miles. Thanks!
Mine didn't start until 2,700. Even now it's not all the time,just at the worst times. :headbonk:

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've got a new GT Premium w/o the PP that was built in Dec 2014. Only have ~175 miles so far an the brakes are dead silent. Is this brake squeal something that take a while to show up with more use/miles on the car?
Mine started having the issue intermittently at around 2,000 miles and on almost every slow turn by 2,500. Now at 3,600 miles, even some slow stops going straight are affected.

Unfortunately, my dealer tried to excuse the problem as a normal phenomenon and wouldn't even acknowledge the TSB # I provided. The result is that I'm shopping for a new dealer but haven't really had a chance to get serious about it yet.
Sponsored