Sponsored

Sport mode

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
I find rev-matching is much easier in sport mode.
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I use Sport mode all the time in my A6 car. I like being able to choose the gears myself.

Deep Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - (A10) Magnetic Gray/ Mustang #7
I've got an SCT X4 and trying to figure out what combination of gear Drive or Sport and which mode will work best for street tire launches at the track and street. SCT is tuned for 93. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

G_Money_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PREM PP
I drive in Sport mode as soon as the car is warmed up. My car feels like a pig in Normal mode, extreme difference.
I had a '15, now an '18. Both Premium - PP - manuals. I have noticed that the throttle mapping difference between normal and sport was extremely noticeable on the '15, not so much on the '18. Has anyone else noticed this?

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I had a '15, now an '18. Both Premium - PP - manuals. I have noticed that the throttle mapping difference between normal and sport was extremely noticeable on the '15, not so much on the '18. Has anyone else noticed this?
Stock it was fairly noticeable, but after some of the mods I've done the gap got even wider. The car feels slow as hell in Normal mode, even verified by several passengers and other drivers. Sport/Track feels like a rocket. I don't even bother accelerating in Normal mode lol.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
Normal really does feel like the car is being held back a lot. All of it previous cars had great throttle response and normal just feels sluggish in comparison. I drive in sport mode all the time and I wish you could keep the car set that way.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Normal mode in wet weather/highway cruising.

Track mode for street. In sport mode I get jerky throttle response so I don't care for it.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
in my 18 the difference between Normal and Sport is night and day different. feels like a different car to me.

Kansas GT

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
in my 18 the difference between Normal and Sport is night and day different. feels like a different car to me.
Agreed. It's a night and day difference between the two modes. I drive in Normal most of the time during my commutes, but Sport is a blast when I get some surface streets to myself.

Sponsored

Grhumpy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerome
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT - Impact Blue -
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,

After reading all your comments about the sport/track or normal mode, I wonder if you have the same feeling regarding gear shifting in "hi speed" above 120mph/190km/h.

I've got an GT 2015 AT, and either in normal/sport/track when I pull up and stabilize the speed cause of corners the gearbox shift automatically to the 5th or 6th depends of the speed (transmission in drive D) and after the corner when I smash the accelerator it stays in 5th or worst in 6th.

By example, with the end of 4th gear goes around 220km/h, if I'm around 190-200 in 5th the car doesn't want to down shift to the 4th it stays in 5th during acceleration...

Does anybody have an explanation ?

I will try again with the transmission in "S" position, but I've experienced the same thing in a different way. The gear number blink the gear does not engaged itself and the car stays in the same gear.

Cheers

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Agreed. It's a night and day difference between the two modes. I drive in Normal most of the time during my commutes, but Sport is a blast when I get some surface streets to myself.
Completely agree on the Jekyll Hyde difference. However, I have found keeping it in normal immediately after cold start, reverse then while in low rpms allows me to "creep " out of my neighborhood early in the morning without my corsa waking up everyone. Once I get a slight buffer let the high revving sport plus begin :D Pretty much stays that way. Except for drag or 1/4 mile straiight digs. Cant beat the drag mode of the A10.

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
looking into the drive modes on my hp tuners software the sport and track modes have the same throttle mapping, they are under the same tab. the normal and wet/snow are separate obviously. I thought that was interesting, only difference is how it handles the traction control and advance trac

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
With my auto 15 I didn’t use sport mode much because I hated the fake sounding rev matching downshifts that make you sound like a douche. With my new manual 18, I absolutely love sport mode and will be driving in it ALL THE TIME.
LOL. I hate the down shifting rev matching on my auto too but I have no choice cuz my axle backs drone like crazy in normal mode so I have to drive in sport mode plus or use the paddle shifts. Surprisingly my budy thinks the car sound really cool when it it is down shifting but I hate it.

Sounding like a douche is better than dealing with drone, lol

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Sport Mode all the time for me unless slick conditions
Sponsored