Sponsored

Spare wheel

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Hi everyone, tried to find a reliable source for a spare wheel for my Bullitt, but didn't find anything here in Europe.
With 19" wheels and the Brembo brakes, I know that the regular spare wheel won't fit in the front, a proposed solution would be to move the front wheel to the back in case you get the front one punched, however I'm trying to find a spare wheel that will work right out of the box (including the usage of the original nuts) that will fit the hole in the trunk.
Does Ford sell a spare kit that will work correctly for the Bullitt with 6p Brembo, or does anyone know a brand that is available for purchase in EU countries?
Sponsored

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone, tried to find a reliable source for a spare wheel for my Bullitt, but didn't find anything here in Europe.
With 19" wheels and the Brembo brakes, I know that the regular spare wheel won't fit in the front, a proposed solution would be to move the front wheel to the back in case you get the front one punched, however I'm trying to find a spare wheel that will work right out of the box (including the usage of the original nuts) that will fit the hole in the trunk.
Does Ford sell a spare kit that will work correctly for the Bullitt with 6p Brembo, or does anyone know a brand that is available for purchase in EU countries?
Lots of info here https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mobility-kit-vs-spare-tire.116833/

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Does Ford sell a spare kit that will work correctly for the Bullitt with 6p Brembo?
Nope. It excludes PP1/PP2 cars with Brembo brakes, so not sure if the diameter of the kit for non-PP cars is the same as the rear tires on our cars, which I doubt. You want that, since our cars are equipped with the Torsen diff, which doesn't like different diameters... although it reportedly can tolerate it to some degree. But consensus is it'd be better not to push your luck with that :D.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
since our cars are equipped with the Torsen diff, which doesn't like different diameters... although it reportedly can tolerate it to some degree. But consensus is it'd be better not to push your luck with that :D.
That consensus doesn't include the manufacturer of the diff. Torsen's website explicitly states the diff can take up to a 25% diameter difference kept to the speed and distance limits for a T-type spare.
https://torsen.com/ask-torsen-using-a-mini-spare-tire/

That being said, I went with the AA spare for mine, which matches the rear wheel diameter, because you can be right about the overall statistical situation ane still come up the loser on an individual bet.
Sponsored