Sponsored

Spare tire for a Mach1

Dffej49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2023 Mach 1 w/handling package.
I currently own a 2023 HP Mach 1. I have the standard tire size set up for that version with 305/30R19 (F) and 315/30R19 (R). I have though switched out the Cup 2 tires for PS4s. I like taking the car from PA to NC to visit my daughter but would feel better if I had some kind of spare tire instead of the inflator that came with the car. Because of the unusual tire sizes on the HP Mach 1, can anyone suggest the best way to solve this problem?
Sponsored

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I'm sure there are better routes but, like you, I took the PS2s off and put on Pilot Sports for daily driving. I then ordered a set of wheels to put the PS2s on for track days. In the interim, I throw one in the trunk on longer trips as an emergency spare. I got wider rims for the track wheels so I have a spacer which would allow the "spare" to go on any of the four corners

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I have the Automotive authority spare. Fits nice and tight in the well, and is almost identical in diameter to the OEM tire size.

1698086813945.png

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
+1 for the Automotive Authority spare. Fits well and actually a nice looking spare.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
I like this better than my space consuming route. This fits in the tire well under the rear trunk floor?
Yes. The manufacturer's description says:
  • Fits flush under trunk floorboard and doesn't raise it

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Yes. The manufacturer's description says:
  • Fits flush under trunk floorboard and doesn't raise it
Got one and it fits, just move the "kit" that comes with the Mach1. I bought the jack kit from them too, and it fits with the wheel, under the trunk floor too. Ask me how I flew with it to Granger Iowa from CA, Haha! Checked baggage baby!

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I have the AA spare as well. I have a PP with the Brembos and it fits great. And fits under the trunk floor fine. It is a tight fit. I just have a collapsable crate I strap to the back seat back and keep a small floor jack, breaker bar, socket and my electric impact as well as a few other goodies like a first aid kit and jumper box. Takes up minimal room and still have plenty of space for luggage, etc..

Sponsored

Gregdd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
23 green mach1 manual p0022
There have been a few of these showing up in the classified section.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
The AA in my 2023 Mach 1.

IMG-3281.jpg

John S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
.... or if you're a true cheapskate, the Hyundai/Kia 19" SUV aluminum rim spare tire hack also works. It requires slightly enlarging the pilot hole (simple w/piloted hole-saw) and dedicated lug nuts. I did my son's GT PP1 application with one tire size and my Mach 1 HP with a smaller diameter tire for $200 total investment. The spare tires were purchased through on-line junk yards in never-used condition because I couldn't find the right ones, locally, and the tire date codes are 2-3 years old. The Mach 1 HP spare fits the well at inflated pressure but the GT PP1 size requires slight deflation to nest into the well.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Looks like money well spent.

0wen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Owen
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, MX-5 30th Anniversary
+1 for the Automotive Authority spare. Fits well and actually a nice looking spare.
Another +1 for the AA spare here!
Fit is great, just like in @BlkMach10510's photo.

I lined the bottom of my wheel well with some anti-slip matting and used tool bags to minimise any chance of rattling from the jack too.

Sponsored