Sponsored

SP083/B6 install question

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
I’ve completed the fronts, I did both sides to see if this was consistent across them. It is. My question to those that have installed the BMR SP083 spring and Bilstein B6 damper combo is, did your spring sit in the lower perch like the stock spring or not? The spring is seated properly against the lower perch stop, I tried to capture that in the pics, but it’s about a 1/2 inch too far in where the spring starts to rise up out of the lower perch. So much so that the spring actually pinches the dust boot against the strut body. This is consistent on both sides. I do know the parts are identical left/right, it was my attempt at a quality check. I still have to complete the rears, so I haven’t driven on them yet. Pics below, let me know what you guys think and I appreciate the input.

BMR is closed today or I would have just called and asked. Depending on the feedback here, I may still call.

22EC09A8-3A80-4930-80FD-0207D446A195.jpeg

468C3118-D114-4619-A70B-00CC3A0517EA.jpeg
Sponsored

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Let me know how you like this combo over stock when it comes to cornering.

OP
OP
dead_inside

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Let me know how you like this combo over stock when it comes to cornering.
I will post a quick Joe Schmo DD review after I clock the bushings and get an alignment. My intention is a very firm “set it and forget it” setup. I didn’t reinvent the wheel with this combo, it’s one of the well recommended paths to take from the forum here. I’m not sure if you’ve seen these but here are a couple of the threads that lead me to going this route.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/m6g-suspension-nirvana.122473/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ith-the-ford-performance-track-shocks.105570/

I know these threads reference the FRPP track dampers but I’ve seen threads comparing the Bilsteins to them and while both are supposed to be a great choice, the Bilsteins seems to be better reviewed from what I saw. Hope this helps and I’ll get back with my thoughts soon.

Sponsored

Bobombo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
Let us know how you like the combo. I thought a lot of people like the FRPP.

OP
OP
dead_inside

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
From what I saw when researching, a lot of people do like the FRPP track dampers. They are highly recommended on the forum here and they seemed to be the more popular choice for a while because of availability. The B6s were just out of stock and people were waiting months to get them. I did notice that the few who got to experience both posted preferring the B6s though. That observation was consistent enough in my reading to convince me to go the B6 route. I haven’t experienced another setup, so I can’t compare but here is one of the threads with a discussion about it. Hope it helps.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/first-suspension-mods-road-racing.135254/page-2