20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I removed the sound tube when I installed a Rousch CAI. My question is, can I run some wiring through the sound plug to get to the interior? Where is the plug relative to the center console?
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You should. Look at it, but it seems to be close to the center of the car, so for sure it'd be out of view. The only issue is if you can get to it without removing anything. If it's a small wire, it'd be much easier to use an existing rubber plug with wires coming into the car already, so you just push the extra wire in. Good luck.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The hole is approximately above the gas pedal but higher up obviously. Only a couple problems running wires through there.
1. Inside the engine bay it's above the catalytic converter and close to the engine. So heat rising up may be a problem unless the wires are rated accordingly.
2. You need a to make sure that hole is plugged as it is possible for exhaust gasses to pass into the cabin.

A better place is by the battery. There's a hole in the fender under the battery tray. If you pull the passenger fender liner you can run wires through there and poke a hole through the rubber bulkhead that already has a wire harness going through it. You'll end up behind the glove box. Of course that all depends what you are hooking up.

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going with your suggestion of under the battery tray. The wiring is for a siren. I could tell you why but then I'd have to kill you. :cool:

TX-2019-Black_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10, Shadow Black with Black Trim Pkg.
I'm going with your suggestion of under the battery tray. The wiring is for a siren. I could tell you why but then I'd have to kill you. :cool:
Why would you put a siren inside the cabin? And that poor girl needs a belt. :cwl:

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Don't forget to enable Police mode in Forscan. :)

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

TX-2019-Black_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10, Shadow Black with Black Trim Pkg.
Are you serious?

The control buttons are in the cabin, the siren is in the engine compartment,
I know, just that my first thought was that, and I was just trying to be funny. My kind of dry humor doesn't always work online. It's better in-person. :-)
Whatever the siren is for, you'll be the quickest to get to the scene!
Sponsored