Not open for further replies.

bjstang

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premiums a.k.a "Crazy Horse" & "Doll"
Vehicle Showcase
Disconnect from intake tube, separate at middle section, yank up hard, breaks off, done. After the extraction, you can hand spin the nut off if you want :)
Such reckless dis-regard. It’s only a bit of rubber, a trumpet, a foam pad, and a diaphragm, that makes the fallopian tube what it is. It doesn’t deserve to be treated so rough. :wink:

One plug is for firewall. Hose clamp and other plug are for use with stock air box.
That's correct.

Many who claim the sound tube delete "cleans up" or "de-clutters" the engine bay post up pics like this to prove themselves wrong.

It's neither clean nor de-cluttered, but if you loose a cap from your chair leg or crutch, you have a couple extra's under the hood. :)

Some claim removing or blocking the tube improves throttle response, meh...

sound tube delete.jpg

Advertisement

Rapid Red

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed>GT PP2 >RXCAIL2
Vehicle Showcase

Rapid Red

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed>GT PP2 >RXCAIL2
Vehicle Showcase
Such reckless dis-regard. It’s only a bit of rubber, a trumpet, a foam pad, and a diaphragm, that makes the fallopian tube what it is. It doesn’t deserve to be treated so rough. :wink:

That's correct.

Many who claim the sound tube delete "cleans up" or "de-clutters" the engine bay post up pics like this to prove themselves wrong.

It's neither clean nor de-cluttered, but if you loose a cap from your chair leg or crutch, you have a couple extra's under the hood. :)

Some claim removing or blocking the tube improves throttle response, meh...

sound tube delete.jpg

Clean up It may, however there is so much other shit, it's sort of irrelevant.

New engine bays are a real hat trick to make them look clean

IMG_0011.jpeg

Dfeeds

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah that’s pretty small. What is it, maybe 2 inches? I can’t believe that has enough effect on anything to be noticeable.
All I know is that whenever I drove with the windows down my ears, predominantly my right ear, would pop or ache. Removing the sound tube cured that. I love having the windows down so being relegated to the A/C was depressing.

I want to clarify that I didn't remove the sound tube for that reason, I removed it because I found it annoying. It was just a welcome surprise. My right ear has always been extremely sensitive so it could just be a me problem.

CJJon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
You two really need to share a room...

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

28 - Boomba Racing - 1

Advertisement