Sponsored

Something changed overnight…

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
So the entry chime sounds different this morning. Also the rear park aid sound is not nearly as loud and also sounds different. Anyone else?
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL Not my imagination. The chime sounds different – it seems more abrupt, less reverb is the best way I can describe it. And the rear parkaid is definitely not as loud and also more muted, less reverb. I hear it every morning pulling out of my garage, so trust me I would notice a change.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
LOL Not my imagination. The chime sounds different – it seems more abrupt, less reverb is the best way I can describe it. And the rear parkaid is definitely not as loud and also more muted, less reverb. I hear it every morning pulling out of my garage, so trust me I would notice a change.
It's 100% your imagination. Or, more likely, something has changed with your ears; allergies, sinuses, dehydration, etc. Guaranteed, your car has not changed.

iSpeed27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DiB GT
It's not your imagination. Depeneding on how long I've been sitting in the car with the engine turned off, when I start it up the chime is different on mine as well. It's done that consistently.

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
It is not your imagination.

Sometimes it comes out of the instrument cluster where the turn signal originates from. It does it to me for a while if I've had the IC disconnected. Sometimes it does it randomly too.

Easy way to tell is the sonar and cross traffic alerts will come from the front instead of the rear.

My guess is there is a module that is a little slow to get going, perhaps the audio system, and it defaults to a fallback setting.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I've had it happen randomly a few times. It's like it goes into 8-bit Nintendo mode sound on the chime for the seat belt. Later, it will go back to its regular tone.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
There are two interior chimes. You either have the normal chime or sometimes the sync chime.

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is not your imagination.

Sometimes it comes out of the instrument cluster where the turn signal originates from. It does it to me for a while if I've had the IC disconnected. Sometimes it does it randomly too.

Easy way to tell is the sonar and cross traffic alerts will come from the front instead of the rear.
THIS - exactly - the chime is coming from the instrument cluster now. Hope it stays that way - it is MUCH better than the too loud reverse park aid chime.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
THIS - exactly - the chime is coming from the instrument cluster now. Hope it stays that way - it is MUCH better than the too loud reverse park aid chime.
Mine has done this a handful of times, not sure why or how.

Definitely not your imagination, and the chime does in fact sound like its coming from in the dash.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It's not your imagination. Depeneding on how long I've been sitting in the car with the engine turned off, when I start it up the chime is different on mine as well. It's done that consistently.
I think its unacceptable for you to tell another member they have no imagination!

And why do you rule out Aliens?

On a serious note, any chance Ford rolled out an update that got installed over night via Wi-Fi?

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
So the entry chime sounds different this morning. Also the rear park aid sound is not nearly as loud and also sounds different. Anyone else?
Yep. Here too.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Well I'll be damned......

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Yeah, mine just did that too.

Over 2 years and the chime was fairly silent, coming out of the speakers.... Since last week it seems to be coming out of the column?.....very loud now.
Sponsored