Soler Engineering Throttle body

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
Turnaround was really fast when I sent my Bullitt TB in for porting. it took about 6-7 days round trip. Are you going to run the Throttle Controller too?
Most likely I won't run the throttle controller, but it depends on how the tune comes out and how the car responds to the new mods. It's really snappy on E85 as is so we'll see. Also I drive the car pretty much exclusively in sport+ with track exhaust.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Most likely I won't run the throttle controller, but it depends on how the tune comes out and how the car responds to the new mods. It's really snappy on E85 as is so we'll see. Also I drive the car pretty much exclusively in sport+ with track exhaust.
Yeah, I’ve heard the tuner can tune for better throttle tip-in, thus eliminating the need for a TC.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind that you can run you Magneride in normal and adjust the TC to a sport setting.
Excellent smooth ride on extended highway runs with the same response as sport or track.

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
Keep in mind that you can run you Magneride in normal and adjust the TC to a sport setting.
Excellent smooth ride on extended highway runs with the same response as sport or track.
I do this sometimes on long trips but then it feels weird because I drive in sport+ so often lol. And it feels really weird when I put the steering in comfort mode.

Deadly0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I’ve had my Soler TB installed on my ’20 GT350 for about two weeks and the car ran great, until two days ago – looking to see if any of you had similar issue(s).

Stopped at a light, the car started to struggle and drop revs at idle. The idle rpm struggled to stay consistent, dropping down twice before I gave it some gas, which seemed to solve the issue at the time. About 15 minutes later (car was on the entire time, normal driving), when coming to a light, the car again began to stumble at low rpm, and then cut off. I restarted it, but the car had no throttle response, and would shut off again. I finally was able to get it to have some throttle input and made it to a gas station limping along. At the gas station, I had the same issue of the car momentarily struggling to keep idle. The check engine light and wrench came on, with a few different notices from the FordConnect App:

• “The Engine Control System has detected the electronic throttle body may be stuck closed or binding as the throttle sensor indicated it was open further than commanded”
  • “The Engine Control System has detected an improper reading from the engines airflow sensor.”
  • “The Engine Control System has detected and electrical fault with one of the engines temperature sensors or its associated wiring.”
Ignoring the fault codes for a bit, I disconnected the MAF sensor to see if that was behind my issue. The car seemed to run a little better, but still had very little throttle response, but it was enough to get the car home (figured it was stuck in limp mode). Once there, I took it apart and used some MAF sensor cleaner to clean it off. I inspected the TB and it didn’t appear to have any scratches or indications that it was binding. Once everything was dry, I put it back together – car seemed to idle normally, but the check engine light is still on with little throttle response.

As to the notices from FordConnect, I wasn’t sure what to make of the first notice but thought that maybe the MAF sensor was at fault for the second fault. I also figured the third notice was due to disconnecting the MAF sensor, which seems correct since the oil temp gauge came back after everything was reassembled. It was a hot day, but the engine oil temp or trans temps never shot up, nor did anything else seem to go wrong. All fluids are good, no signs of anything leaking, or odd sounds. Prior to this, I had no issues whatsoever.

Could this be due to the TB, or do y’all think I’m dealing with something else?

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Clear the codes and see which if any come back

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’ve had my Soler TB installed on my ’20 GT350 for about two weeks and the car ran great, until two days ago – looking to see if any of you had similar issue(s).

Stopped at a light, the car started to struggle and drop revs at idle. The idle rpm struggled to stay consistent, dropping down twice before I gave it some gas, which seemed to solve the issue at the time. About 15 minutes later (car was on the entire time, normal driving), when coming to a light, the car again began to stumble at low rpm, and then cut off. I restarted it, but the car had no throttle response, and would shut off again. I finally was able to get it to have some throttle input and made it to a gas station limping along. At the gas station, I had the same issue of the car momentarily struggling to keep idle. The check engine light and wrench came on, with a few different notices from the FordConnect App:

• “The Engine Control System has detected the electronic throttle body may be stuck closed or binding as the throttle sensor indicated it was open further than commanded”
  • “The Engine Control System has detected an improper reading from the engines airflow sensor.”
  • “The Engine Control System has detected and electrical fault with one of the engines temperature sensors or its associated wiring.”
Ignoring the fault codes for a bit, I disconnected the MAF sensor to see if that was behind my issue. The car seemed to run a little better, but still had very little throttle response, but it was enough to get the car home (figured it was stuck in limp mode). Once there, I took it apart and used some MAF sensor cleaner to clean it off. I inspected the TB and it didn’t appear to have any scratches or indications that it was binding. Once everything was dry, I put it back together – car seemed to idle normally, but the check engine light is still on with little throttle response.

As to the notices from FordConnect, I wasn’t sure what to make of the first notice but thought that maybe the MAF sensor was at fault for the second fault. I also figured the third notice was due to disconnecting the MAF sensor, which seems correct since the oil temp gauge came back after everything was reassembled. It was a hot day, but the engine oil temp or trans temps never shot up, nor did anything else seem to go wrong. All fluids are good, no signs of anything leaking, or odd sounds. Prior to this, I had no issues whatsoever.

Could this be due to the TB, or do y’all think I’m dealing with something else?
Yes, I had that problem with mine. The car went into limp mode and threw codes because the tb was sticking open and shut. I sent it back to Soler and they made a correction and sent it back. It’s been fine ever since. Mike at Soler did tell me that if I had any further issues, he could talk me through making an adjustment. Maybe try reaching out to him for guidance, so that you don’t have to send it back and have down time.

Deadly0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Yes, I had that problem with mine. The car went into limp mode and threw codes because the tb was sticking open and shut. I sent it back to Soler and they made a correction and sent it back. It’s been fine ever since. Mike at Soler did tell me that if I had any further issues, he could talk me through making an adjustment. Maybe try reaching out to him for guidance, so that you don’t have to send it back and have down time.
Thank you - I'll shoot him an email and hopefully he can walk me through it. Appreciate the help!

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
I shipped my throttle body out on the 22nd. It arrived at Soler on the 27th, and I just got it back today. The workmanship is extremely high quality and I cant wait to install it with my GT350 manifold!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I shipped my throttle body out on the 22nd. It arrived at Soler on the 27th, and I just got it back today. The workmanship is extremely high quality and I cant wait to install it with my GT350 manifold!
Let’s see some pics of it. I’m curious to see if they finally started adding dimples to the blade bar.

Sponsored

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
Let’s see some pics of it. I’m curious to see if they finally started adding dimples to the blade bar.
No dimples on the blade. I belive they said earlier in the thread that it can't be done on OEM TB's. Also my TB only has 1 notch as opposed to 3. Not sure why. There is abundance of red loctite on the blade screws which I am very pleased about. Dont need one of them backing out.

20220630_204220.jpg

20220630_204247.jpg

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
@Mike@SolerEngr any forum discounts or 4th of July promotions for this? Also when you send a core in does it have to be a 350 or can it be a regular 5.0 TB?

Point45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt350, 05 tacoma, 10 Ducati 1098SF
a few weeks with the throttle body and I can say that its more responsive at part throttle. And at near idle/low rpm it almost feels too responsive, twitchy is how I would describe it.

I like it, but it takes some adjusting when trying to rev match or heel/toe.

Higher RPM I feel no difference

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
I emailed Soler about the 1 notch vs 3 notches and Mike said it was a design change so you don't lose as much engine braking.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I emailed Soler about the 1 notch vs 3 notches and Mike said it was a design change so you don't lose as much engine braking.
I just looked at so e old pics and mine has three notches. The logo on mine is also black in color. Other than that, they look the same.
Sponsored