Soler Engineering Throttle body

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
So installed mine this afternoon. Very quick and easy until I dropped my socket down into the belly pan…

Something I have noticed is that every 12ish seconds I can hear the TB open/snap shut. Did it when I first started it up and after a short drive. Can hear the effect in the exhaust when standing behind the car.

Did the car always do this and I just never noticed it is this something to do with the Soler unit? Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
nothing like that on my install. Did you do the two idle sessions before driving? Personally don’t see what they accomplish, or not that it might be it, but just a thought.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
nothing like that on my install. Did you do the two idle sessions before driving? Personally don’t see what they accomplish, or not that it might be it, but just a thought.
Didn't know about the two idle sessions but it makes sense for the computers. How long for an idle session/how long in between the first and second?

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Didn't know about the two idle sessions but it makes sense for the computers. How long for an idle session/how long in between the first and second?
Mine came with instructions so you may find them too. But from memory, it says to install, start and allow to idle for 3 minutes, shut down for 1 minute. Then start and allow to idle for another 3 minutes followed by a 1 minute wait. Then drive (and here’s where my memory gets squishy) 50-100 miles with normal operating parameters.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Correct, here is the last step:

7- For installation, reverse steps above and reconnect battery negative terminal.
8- Ignition on, let engine idle for 3 minutes.
9- Ignition off for 1 minute.
10- Repeat steps 8- and 9- one more time.
11- Ignition on, drive normally at 44mph or greater and allow vehicle to decelerate to a stop and idle.
Repeat four more times for 50-100 miles subdivided into 5-10 driving cycles, including cooldown
periods between starts. (
Normal everyday driving meets this step
).

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Well need to run up to Sonoma Raceway to get sized for a new helmet today. That will give it the full ‘break in period’. If it still doing it’s odd ball thing when I get back I’ll flip it out and test with stock.

OP
OP
GTthree50

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Interesting. I have not experienced anything like this and had no knowledge of the two idle sessions. In the last 5 months while I’ve had this installed the only notable glitch has been a single incident where pulling up to a light the engine died. Had only happened once and I can’t be certain it’s the fault of the part or something I may have done. Been watching for it to possibly happen again but all has been good

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I had the original prototype on for 12 months now and never had an issue like that either; even when things were still being tested back and forth.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I had the original prototype on for 12 months now and never had an issue like that either; even when things were still being tested back and forth.
Original prototype as in factory TB or Soler’s TB?

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Ok got the throttle body installed this weekend and had the chance to drive it about 50 miles. First things first it's a well made product and you can see the work done to smooth out the airflow beside a stock TB. After the two 3 min idle sessions the first thing I noticed as others have said is just how smooth the idle is now. No random spurts like I used to have randomly with the stock TB. Now onto the good portion. I will break down this into 4 different points:

1. Throttle input off idle - Like others have said just feels snappier and more alive. Hard to put into words but definitely an improvement.

2. Mid-range response (4-6.5k) - Not placebo there is more power being made in the mid range. Not going to a dyno and not claiming like 20whp but I am more than willing to bet there is at least 10 hp and tq over the stock TB. Also hard to convey just seems to breathe so much better in that range and has more of a punch than I remember.

3. Rev-Matching - Didn't notice a drastic improvement but if this makes sense the response from going into gear to back on throttle the inputs just seem in sync more and ready to go - no delay at all.

4. WOT - Did redline pulls from 1st-4th. Once again not a drastic power change but more power was felt and off the line was more responsive. Mid range where I felt the difference and also maybe slightly near redline but that's hard to tell at that point. Definitely screams at the top though as always.

After seeing posts from @honeybadger @galaxy @Greg35 this was a no brainer and no CEL's to speak of.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I might give one these a try.
Sponsored