Sponsored

Soler Engineering Throttle body

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Mine just arrived today. Trying to find some time this weekend to get it on. Bit disappointed mine doesn't have the dimpling on the center pivot bar. Need to go back and see if that wasn't phased out.

"Time"...you need 15-20 minutes; if you're taking your time with a beer.

I didn't even think to look for the dimpling (I sent mine in for the rework. Wonder how much, if any, difference that makes?? Either way, still a crazy improvement.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GTthree50

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
So your TB you received DID arrive with dimpling on the shaft? Trying to find out if it is no longer offered on our Ford TBs. As stated above, my NEW TB does not . Thanks.
Yes, my TB had dimpling on the butterfly shaft. I unfortunately have the less aggressive porting of one of the beta versions which does not have the scalloping of the bore radius like the current version. It’s very tempting to send mine back to have this additional machining done to it only I’m not certain if it’s worth the effort.

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Soler only dimpled the shafts on their non OEM TB's.

Reworked OEM TB's dont get the dimples. Something about not being able to pull them apart and do the machining.

I too wanted dimples, and am hoping they sort out their digital signal for the TPS on their non oem TB assemblies.

Regardless, the non dimpled functions great. Not sure how much it would improve, lol

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hmmmm ....reallly? You guys got me to ck mine and now I realize my NEW TB from Soler does NOT have the dimpled half-shaft. Dang! Will call Mike this a.m.
Yep, I sure wish I had them on mine, because they do look really sexy. There has to be some sort of benefit to having them.

Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Anyone talked to Mike with Soler about this dimple if it has any effect? Like others in this thread I’m OCD and want the dimple if there is a benefit even though there have been rave reviews on what he is sending out without the dimple

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I had one of their ported throttle bodies as well as the throttle controller on my 2018 camaro ZL1/1LE. The difference was night and day, but that was only because it got rid of the RIDICULOUS throttle lag GM built into those cars.

The R doesn't have that throttle lag built into it so I'm not sure how much difference you'll feel in city driving.

In my camaro, it felt like the car had gained 50 horse !!!

I will say that Mike and the team at Soler were famous for their customer service. They were on top of their game !!

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I sent mine back on Friday for the update to the final production and it shows that it is being shipped back to me today with the modification.

Yes, my TB had dimpling on the butterfly shaft. I unfortunately have the less aggressive porting of one of the beta versions which does not have the scalloping of the bore radius like the current version. It’s very tempting to send mine back to have this additional machining done to it only I’m not certain if it’s worth the effort.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I sent mine back on Friday for the update to the final production and it shows that it is being shipped back to me today with the modification.
Really? This is just plain confusing now unless your pre-production throttle body was not an OEM unit and then in that case how did they solve the TPS digital signal issue @Duece McCracken brought up above.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I can confirm mine was the very first unit and was indeed a new Ford Part numbered GT350 throttle body.

Really? This is just plain confusing now unless your pre-production throttle body was not an OEM unit and then in that case how did they solve the TPS digital signal issue @Duece McCracken brought up above.

Sponsored

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Externally they are OEM, until you crack open the TPS/motor housing and actually take a peak.

I could have sworn @NGOT8R and myself posted a bunch of pics and stuff in this thread already.

We had OEM and SOler TB's opened sided by side.

Has anyone asked Mike recently about the digi signal dimpled?

After I returned the non functional Digi Dimpled, Mike sent me the reworked OEM non dimple. Then started offering reworking TB's, and not their in house dimpled until they sort out their digi tb signal replication with their software/TPS setup.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Can we go back to talking about dimpled shafts

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I have no idea what these dimpled shafts are. No idea if I even have one! But my throttle body performs really well!