Sponsored

Free Soler Prf. Throttle Bodies for GT350/500

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Short 15 minute ride home from work today all in Sport mode. At least the roads were dry. The car runs so strong. This reinforces what I've felt so far, very strong right off idle to redline. Power is smoother (sport mode wasn't as smooth and linear originally) than stock but yet has a very energetic pull. Still looking for negatives but have not found any yet. This reminds me of my younger days modding VW's with Weber and Neuspeed TB's. This is a much nicer made part than those and I have no problem suggesting it to friends. Already have one buddy with a Bullitt that is interested in one. I looking forward to more drive time with this it, feels great.
Sponsored

NBrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2021 5.7 RAM Rebel, 2018 Kona Blue GT350
I have a late 2018 GT350 (non R) if you are still looking for test subjects. I'm in the North East. It likely wouldn't be easy to get WOT data back to you with the temps not being ideal for traction, but I'd be happy to take it out of slumber for cold weather driving and semi spirited backroads driving.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Is anyone here running a Soler Throttle Controller coupled with their 91MM TB? I would have to assume that the controller would be a nice compliment to the TB.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Ran it today in Track Mode and it is basically as it has been where there is a noticeable increase in power and exceptional smoothness between gears, off throttle to on. I'm completely convinced this is a great modification to make. Had in in for a little over a week and with each drive I keep looking for some negatives but honestly have not encountered a single one yet.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
After reading some on the Corvette forums the company has a great reputation and the quality of their products exceed expectations. I am looking forward to the standard GTā€™s being produced.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Stingray, 2021 GT Premium
Is anyone here running a Soler Throttle Controller coupled with their 91MM TB? I would have to assume that the controller would be a nice compliment to the TB.
Not here, not yet. Those of you who have a sample TB, don't have a controller and vice-versa. With Corvettes, it is very common for customers to get both, it is the full solution to the throttle delay issue, with both together it is a whole new TAC system.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hey Mike, I just got back in town today and I received my TB. I went to work right away, prepping it for installation. Note: I had to clearance the side where the freeze plug is, in order to clear the bracket for my nitrous and fuel solenoids. I also figured that it would be a good time to take some pics of the Soler TB next to the factory TB for comparison purposes. My initial observation was that the housings and electrical connectors look identical, however; I did notice one difference between the two which is; the Soler TB has 6 pins inside of the electrical connector, whereas the factory one only has 5 pins. I wanted to make sure that it would be okay to proceed with the installation? I should also note that the factory wiring harness which connects to the TB does have 6 slots to accept 6 pins, although one is obviously a blank slot. Please see pics below for reference. Thanks

CFA27D22-F271-4A1A-8F4C-E971ABB39754.jpeg
7F40FF7C-B1D5-42F1-AC6D-9AC36217EA15.jpeg
72A691E4-2A68-4410-8D65-101EB0BD909D.jpeg
9B29EE39-DCDF-4159-9275-D79F997DA4F6.jpeg
D6DEEE0C-E241-46D6-A623-A2263C0E5168.jpeg
DB4427FC-C31B-4124-9F1F-B2793F2B7532.jpeg
C1B73544-EE26-4AC6-8318-CE9F1837E55D.jpeg

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Hey Mike, I just got back in town today and I received my TB. I went to work right away, prepping it for installation. Note: I had to clearance the side where the freeze plug is, in order to clear the bracket for my nitrous and fuel solenoids. I also figured that it would be a good time to take some pics of the Soler TB next to the factory TB for comparison purposes. My initial observation was that the housings and electrical connectors look identical, however; I did notice one difference between the two which is; the Soler TB has 6 pins inside of the electrical connector, whereas the factory one only has 5 pins. I wanted to make sure that it would be okay to proceed with the installation? I should also note that the factory wiring harness which connects to the TB does have 6 slots to accept 6 pins, although one is obviously a blank slot. Please see pics below for reference. Thanks

CFA27D22-F271-4A1A-8F4C-E971ABB39754.jpeg
7F40FF7C-B1D5-42F1-AC6D-9AC36217EA15.jpeg
72A691E4-2A68-4410-8D65-101EB0BD909D.jpeg
9B29EE39-DCDF-4159-9275-D79F997DA4F6.jpeg
D6DEEE0C-E241-46D6-A623-A2263C0E5168.jpeg
DB4427FC-C31B-4124-9F1F-B2793F2B7532.jpeg
C1B73544-EE26-4AC6-8318-CE9F1837E55D.jpeg
I forgot to mention that pin! I noticed this as well on mine.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I forgot to mention that pin! I noticed this as well on mine.
Did you receive any information from Mike @ Soler, whether this would be problematic or no big deal at all since the factory wiring harness has a blank slot on the TB connector? Iā€™m thinking I should be good to proceed, but would like to hear back from Mike before I do.

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you receive any information from Mike @ Soler, whether this would be problematic or no big deal at all since the factory wiring harness has a blank slot on the TB connector? Iā€™m thinking I should be good to proceed, but would like to hear back from Mike before I do.
I forgot to mention it to him. I also sent him side by sides, and he at least confirmed the Ford P/N is what his TB was supposed to plug and play with.

I shot you a pm about some other stuff.

Regardless, I was able to swap back TB's and get the car back as she was, so nothing permanent or irreversible.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Well, I decided to move forward with the Soler TB install. Hereā€™s what I got on initial startup. Surging and the engine sounding as if the car was running on 4 cylinders, combined with some light to moderate popping. I tried to feed the car some throttle (as it seemed like it wanted to die) and there was no throttle response. It appears that there is no signal available from the accelerator pedal to the TB. I also have the Soler Throttle Controller on the car. I unplugged the TC and plugged the factory connector up to the accelerator and there still doesnā€™t appear to be a signal reaching the TB. Here is a video of rhe first startup and attempted idle. Lastly, I am having trouble unplugging the factory wiring connector from the TB now. I stopped trying for the time being to regroup and avoid breaking it. Iā€˜m wondering if swapping the electrical connector from my factory TB onto the Soler TB would be advisable.?

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I decided to move forward with the Soler TB install. Hereā€™s what I got on initial startup. Surging and the engine sounding as if the car was running on 4 cylinders, combined with some light to moderate popping. I tried to feed the car some throttle (as it seemed like it wanted to die) and there was no throttle response. It appears that there is no signal available from the accelerator pedal to the TB. I also have the Soler Throttle Controller on the car. I unplugged the TC and plugged the factory connector up to the accelerator and there still doesnā€™t appear to be a signal reaching the TB. Here is a video of rhe first startup and attempted idle. Lastly, I am having trouble unplugging the factory wiring connector from the TB now. I stopped trying for the time being to regroup and avoid breaking it. Iā€˜m wondering if swapping the electrical connector from my factory TB onto the Soler TB would be advisable.?

I shot you a PM

Yes, my connector was a bit snug on there, and had the same shudder/hunting idle. Car did not like it at all, due to lack of TPS sensor comms.

Scan for codes, odds are you got the same ones I did, especially from the sound, lol

Going back to your OEM TB will clear it all up, well, it did for me.

Yeah that connector was very snug for me too. Which I wasn't thrilled about, I also entertained the idea of swapping housings, lmfao

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Iā€™m hoping Mike will chime in soon and let us know if we can swap the Bullitt electrical portion from our factory throttle bodies over to the Soler unit. It would be great if he says that will square the Bullitts away.

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m hoping Mike will chime in soon and let us know if we can swap the Bullitt electrical portion from our factory throttle bodies over to the Soler unit. It would be great if he says that will square the Bullitts away.
I'd be willing to take one for the team on that one. I'll talk to my tuner too, get him on board, see if he has some insight.

Worst case, I buy another GT350 TB.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@Deuce McCracken, I have the following codes, but let me preface, a few of them may be from the active exhaust harness trouble that I encountered a while back.

P0050 - HO2 Heater Control Circuit
P0124 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor /Switch ā€œAā€ Circuit Intermittent
P0171 - System Too Lean
P26C5 - Unknown SAE DTC
P26C6 - Unknown SAE DTC
P2BF5 - Unknown SAE DTC
P2BF8 - Unknown SAE DTC
P2BF9 - Unknown SAE DTC
P2BFD - Unknown SAE DTC
U0416 - Invalid Data Received From Vehicle Dynamics Control Module
U0606 - Unknown SAE DTC
U1012 - SCP (J1850) Invalid or Missing Data For Primary ID $0C