Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Do Mustangs get loose easier and more often than similar cars and if so, why
Than similar cars, no, I don't think so. I don't think it's easier to lose control of a Mustang than, say, a Corvette. Quite the contrary, I suspect.
Easier than a Toyota, yes, sure.
Sponsored

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
What the heck happened? I can understand on launch. That far down the track seems odd.
I wondered that same thing. Maybe a tighter than standard geared A10 spinning between shifts + worn tires? It was also weird that even when the car was completely turned around the wrong way after the initial hit on the wall it continued to bang into the wall repeatedly. It was almost like even after the first big hit he still didn’t get out of the throttle.

Just a guess but I’m calling it a very inexperienced driver involved in an activity that was over his head.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I wondered that same thing. Maybe a tighter than standard geared A10 spinning between shifts + worn tires? It was also weird that even when the car was completely turned around the wrong way after the initial hit on the wall it continued to bang into the wall repeatedly. It was almost like even after the first big hit he still didn’t get out of the throttle.

Just a guess but I’m calling it a very inexperienced driver involved in an activity that was over his head.
That’s a gt350 so no A10

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's really strange. I can't see that happening on dry tarmac, let alone on a sticky drag strip. The only thing that can make the car swap ends in an instant at that speed, in a straight line, would be aquaplaning - which, obviously, is not the case here.
Maybe a technical fault, like a sudden diff failure, or a snapped axle shaft, or something like that?

Last edited:

Sponsored

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
It was also weird that even when the car was completely turned around the wrong way after the initial hit on the wall it continued to bang into the wall repeatedly. It was almost like even after the first big hit he still didn’t get out of the throttle.
I'm thinking that was really just a momentum thing. Considering the initial direction and speed, it's not surprising it bounced against the wall a few times after he lost control.

PS - I bet the blue car driver was really happy to have been leading when that happened!

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
What the heck happened? I can understand on launch. That far down the track seems odd.
More than likely something leaked on the track for it to step out that quickly. Could have been from the pass before or even losing a coolant line or something from this pass. I’ve hit an oil spot before and it will make you pucker in a hurry. It’s not necessarily a reflection on the driver. Just the shit that happens sometimes on a track.

I had a piece of angle iron fly up and pierce the skin of the driver door about 10” below the window on my GTO one time. I was so pissed until I thought about what might have happened if it had flipped up about a foot further. I didn’t even know what happened. I heard a loud pop and initially thought an axle shaft had snapped, but I still had power. Drove it back and looked all underneath it. Didn’t even notice the hole in the door until I stood up.

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible

The Twitch streamer (Murda) who usually live streams from tracks in Texas every weekend even called it before the run. I guess he didn't do enough of a burnout and possibly had some water on his tires. That 2-3 shift was enough to upend it. He obviously stayed on the throttle the entire time. End of a 350.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I try not to get judgmental on here (or anywhere else) but the car will do exactly what you tell it to, even if that‘s not what you intended. Any rear drive vehicle will “step out” if you fail to consider road conditions and many other factors. If you can’t be bothered to learn how to drive your own vehicle then please just stick with something that requires less of its driver.
Anyway, the car isn’t inherently dangerous but perhaps some of the people driving them are.
This right here

Sponsored

btcarmd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
1965 Gt Vert, 2005 GT, 2020 GT
@btcarmd Your other option is the Ford Performance calibration kit M-9603-M8B. It removes most of the rev hang and makes the car much more fun to drive.
I have looked at this kit as well as a Wengerd tune. What are the main improvements you feel with the Ford performance kit?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I have looked at this kit as well as a Wengerd tune. What are the main improvements you feel with the Ford performance kit?
The car is quicker off the line due to the increased low-end torque (additional 42ftlbs). It adds about 19hp (you need to run 91-94 octane for maximum benefits). I can row through the gears faster due to the reduced rev hang. There is an increase in intake noise. Gives it a little more growl. I swear the exhaust is a bit louder too. The car feels much more alive and responsive. I do have the 3.73 Torsen differential though and that makes a difference. If you're not going to do a supercharger or you can't get E85 locally, then this kit is your best bet. Note that this kit is VIN locked to your car once you install it. It can be taken off to return to stock, but you can't re-sell it to someone else.

There's a whole thread dedicated to this kit: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-performance-tune-for-2018-gt.122943/

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
The main issue I have with these cars is the delay when getting out of the throttle. It seems when my back end starts to step out and I let up on the throttle to control or reduce the slide there is a very noticeable delay in throttle closing. This makes it a little hard to feel confident in maintaining a controlled slide.
Have you tried to see if disabling rev-matching (it's somewhere in the dashboard menus) reduces the delay?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Have you tried to see if disabling rev-matching (it's somewhere in the dashboard menus) reduces the delay?
Toggling the rev-match feature has no effect on rev-hang.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Toggling the rev-match feature has no effect on rev-hang.
It does alleviate it somewhat, because the ARM makes it worse. But of course it won't get rid of it completely.
I believe it can be tuned out, at least to some extent. I see an option that seems to fit, though I haven't tried it myself, so I don' t know if it actually does something. You may also be able to reduce it by tweaking the DFCO settings, but I have no experience in that area, I'm just thinking out aloud.

Untitled.png
Sponsored