Sponsored

So is the Fighter Jet Gray color a love it or hate it kind of thing?

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
The JFG is a decent color. But it suffers from the same issue as any good song on the radio or streaming service, it gets overplayed.

The best M1 color is the Mischievous Purple. Every other color being equal IMO and the liking subjective.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
What are you using to get the knock your eyes out gloss?

This right here. Itā€™s amazing stuff. Available all around but I got mine at Auto Zone.

My car had under 200 miles on it so it didnā€™t need any correction but youā€™d want to make sure of that first.

6E7F5261-1095-4CD6-BFB4-EB6346BC4593.jpeg

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
This right here. Itā€™s amazing stuff. Available all around but I got mine at Auto Zone.

My car had under 200 miles on it so it didnā€™t need any correction but youā€™d want to make sure of that first.

6E7F5261-1095-4CD6-BFB4-EB6346BC4593.jpeg
What if you already have a ceramic coating?

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What if you already have a ceramic coating?
Now youā€™ve got me there; Iā€™m really not sure.

To be safe I think Iā€™d check with whoever manufactured your ceramic or at least whoever installed it.

EDIT:
I will add that I donā€™t think it contains any abrasives so that would increase the chances that itā€™d be OK but again, double check with someone who actually knows what theyā€™re talking about before risking an expensive ceramic job.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Is going from "liking" to "loving" considered "going full circle"? šŸ¤”

In any case, I certainly neither love nor hate it. Among boring, achromatic colors, I like it more than most... but it's still nothing more than a boring, achromatic color to me, and I would never order it. I get the appeal, though, especially in a car named after a fighter plane, in a trim named after going the speed of sound.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is going from "liking" to "loving" considered "going full circle"? šŸ¤”

In any case, I certainly neither love nor hate it. Among boring, achromatic colors, I like it more than most... but it's still nothing more than a boring, achromatic color to me, and I would never order it. I get the appeal, though, especially in a car named after a fighter plane, in a trim named after going the speed of sound.
You know, I donā€™t put that fine a point on it myself. It was available in stock 30 minutes from my house at the exact moment the trade bug hit me and I got a fair deal on it, so bam! Like I said, I liked it OK and after seeing it really popping all shined up I do pretty much love it. But I could probably live with most any color except MP. That oneā€™s a non starter for me.

I do admit to thinking that in days and years to come the FJG appearance package cars will be the ones in the current run thought of as iconic and somewhat defining this run, kinda like the white/blue 65/66 GT 350s. I believe ā€œoverusedā€ will eventually become defining. Yeah, you could get other colors in 66 but the white/blue cars define it for me. I found that more important than being crazy about the FJG color to start but thatā€™s moot now that Iā€™m all about it.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
So I told my wife that if the EG get stolen or totaled, Iā€™ll replace it with a second-hand FJG. So I am happy that 50% of the second-hand market will be FJG!
Just curious - I don't ever thing about my M1 getting stolen. More worried about idiots hitting it driving. Am I missing something?

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
For me seeing the Mach 1 launch with the fjg made me actually pay attention to the s550. Always just thought it was cool... but fjg and the handling pack blew me away. I think it just looks amazing and made me want a mustang again.

Get compliments on color all the time despite Toyota,Hyundai and other fords driving around with similiar tones people act like they have never seen it before.

SemperFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 m0303
The truth of the matter is...there aren't many Mach 1's on the highway. Mine is the only one seen on the road in a major NE Florida town whose football team recently humiliated the Ravens. That being said, of the 3,000 that were sold in 2021 (just the FJG) most are locked away in fanbois garages over the winter, and most aren't driven daily when the weather is nice. So, to answer the question, the FJG is rare, and mine has continued to get "Damn, that is a sweeeet color" at least a half dozen times a month since April of 21. All other colors of the Mach 1 are...meh...common GT colors.

TLDR; yes FJG is rare on the road, and the masses love the color. It is THE iconic color of this generation of Mach 1's. Enjoy!

Sponsored

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
I had big expectations for FJG when I saw the pics online. When I finally saw it in a showroom I was deflated big time. But, when I looked at another one inside (drove 90 miles to see it) with slightly different lighting I warmed up to it. Pulled the trigger for FJG in April 2021 and have never regretted it. It looks different depending on the natural lighting. I like it in direct sunlight but it also looks pretty cool in the shade. What made me stay with my first choice of FJG and not opt for one of the other colors was the 1) Its the special edition color and 2) Ruby Red wasn't available. Not sure how the stripes would have looked on RR, but it is by far my second most favorite color.

Last edited:
OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TLDR; yes FJG is rare on the road, and the masses love the color. It is THE iconic color of this generation of Mach 1's. Enjoy!
Thatā€˜s kinda how I see this playing out.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had big expectations for FJG when I saw the pics online. When I finally saw it in a showroom I was deflated big time. But, when I looked at another one inside (drove 90 miles to see it) with slightly different lighting I warmed up to it. Pulled the trigger for FJG in April 2021 and have never regretted it. It looks different depending on the natural lighting. I like it in direct sunlight but it also looks pretty cool in the shade. What made me stay with my first choice of FJG and not opt for one of the other colors was the 1) Its the special edition color and 2) Ruby Red wasn't available. Not sure how the stripes would have looked on RR, but it is by far my second most favorite color.
I can testify that FJG and Rapid Red look even better sitting beside each other in the garage!

BE490C58-9FD3-4E71-ACED-61A16D6F68FB.jpeg

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
Just curious - I don't ever thing about my M1 getting stolen. More worried about idiots hitting it driving. Am I missing something?
My European roots. You chances of getting robbed and carjacked are much higher there. But here in Atlanta, the risk is more about getting shot or rear ended, I guess.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
While I really like the FJG on the M1, I think where Ford did wrong was to allow the color to be used on their other products, where in now - it's not such a "unique" color at all.

It does change hues depending on lighting - which is cool, and it does look really great on the S550 no doubt.

I just wish Ford would have kept the color specific to only the S550 M1.
Sponsored

Last edited: