Sponsored

Slowly Hating The Appearance Pkg ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
You can look at the law anyway you wish to. I will look at it my way. Plain and simple, what the father did was against the law. Even where you live in PA. Break the law and there are ramifications.
There is a HUGE difference between "kid sitting on my car" which you initially said and " kid scraped the paint badly with his shoes. There were stones stuck in the grooves of his hiking boots.".

If you care so much about the law you'd know details matter.

I'd also rather not waste my time, the courts time, and taxes, on something that my deductible would easily cover.

I don't look at the law... because it has NO impact on what kind of person I am. Become known as a dick and there are ramifications to that too. I'm not a petty person.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
There is a HUGE difference between "kid sitting on my car" which you initially said and " kid scraped the paint badly with his shoes. There were stones stuck in the grooves of his hiking boots.".

If you care so much about the law you'd know details matter.

I'd also rather waste my time, the courts time, and taxes, on something that my deductible would easily cover.

I don't look at the law... because it has NO impact on what kind of person I am. Become known as a dick and there are ramifications to that too.
Evidently, you do not understand the law. The father had no legal right to place his child on my car. Damage or no damage. I can just hear the kid later in life when he does the same to someone else's car and and gets the crap beat out of him or worse, gets shot. His dying words. "Daddy let me do it when I was younger ........." In TX, we are taught to respect other people's property.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Evidently, you do not understand the law. The father had no legal right to place his child on my car. Damage or no damage. I can just hear the kid later in life when he does the same to someone else's car and and gets the crap beat out of him or worse, gets shot. His dying words. "Daddy let me do it when I was younger ........." In TX, we are taught to respect other people's property.
NO. YOU are the one misunderstanding... I DONT CARE WHAT THE LAW SAYS.

And I'm just gonna LULZ at the "In TX reReSpEcT" bullshit. Acting like like moral and life lessons are regional, that's just stupid.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
NO. YOU are the one misunderstanding... I DONT CARE WHAT THE LAW SAYS.

And I'm just gonna LULZ at the "In TX reReSpEcT" bullshit. Acting like like moral and life lessons are regional, that's just stupid.
Evidently, you need to move to Portland, OR. :crackup:

Grettman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 Mustang GT PP1
I’m a noob. Serious question: anyone have a pic of a car similar to what the OP is talking about? Curious to see what kind of mustang causes all this hype.

Sponsored

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
"Eeerrr ... stop asking me questions about my beautiful car that stands out in a crowd. 😤 Leave me alone. I knew I should have bought a Kia."
I liked the comment, but absolutely loved the photo. :like: I can't say that I have ever had "people issues" w/my Mustang. Then again, by design, mine pretty much flies under the radar w/no wing, no chrome, no painted brake calipers, etc. And, during the course of driving thru 21 states (to date) & into Canada, the small talk at the gas pump is kinda welcome. Then again, maybe just being old, grouchy, senile & retired is a plus nowadays.

1620079023995.png

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
MikeyTX:
If the Mach1 is any thing like the GT350... it will NEVER stop. I have gotten used to the attention and it does not bother me.... but it is non-stop, 24/7. You & I both have a head-turner!

You will enjoy this story about a co-worker:
He had a 1965 Alfa Romeo show car that he took to shows... he cleaned the muffler clamp bolt threads with a tooth brush and placed mirrors under the car at shows... it was that pristine.
He decided to take it to a Kroger on a perfect weather day and parked in the north-forty. He came out and as he was walking to his car, someone parked next to him in the middle of nowhere, open up his door and dented his car. The offender was a large man, and my friend approached him and was mad... he said, "You hit my car", the guy responded, "Sorry it was an accident", and walked away.
My friend call the police. The officer showed up and said, "Nice Alfa... is that a '64, or 65?"
He was an Alfa fan!
My co-worker explained the situation, and the officer asked, "So he admitted to hitting your car, then he left the scene?
The officer hung around until the offender returned and asked, "Did you damage this car and leave the scene?"
He responded, "Yes, but it was an accident."
To which the officer said, "Put you hands behind your back, you are under arrest for Hit and Run."
Unfortunately, the perp hired a lawyer and the charges were reduced.

I don't blame you for wanting justice...!

Last edited:

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Yeah, I would but you said NOTHING about anyone "beating the crap out of" your car. Just " a kid sat on it".

I had someone open their car door and the wind blew pushing it into into mine. It is the Only paint chip on my car and it will cost me at least 1K to get rid of it and redo my paint protection. Did I call the cops? No. Because it was obviously an accident, and they apologized.

Shit happens. It's a car, not a family member or my whole life. Sometimes the important lesson is "learn when NOT to be a dick".
The kid on the hood was no accident. Good grief, I’d be passed off too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
The kid on the hood was no accident. Good grief, I’d be passed off too.
Exactly ! I watched a group of bikers at Sturgis beat the crap out of some dumbass that climbed on a bikers ride so his woman could take a picture. Serious mistake as the owner was patched !

logo.png
:rockon:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be pissed too. Those that say they wouldn't be.. prolly say 'meh' when the come home and find somebody mounting their wife.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
I'd be pissed too. Those that say they wouldn't be.. prolly say 'meh' when the come home and find somebody mounting their wife.
Now that would've been funny to came home to that scene after a kid was sitting on your car earlier. I wonder which one would have passed/pissed him off more. Fun times.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Nothing worse than being interrupted on the downstroke ......... :crackup: :facepalm:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.