MACH 1 Handling Pkg owners

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I am contemplating on ordering a Mach 1 but haven't decided which way to go and wanted to hear from the owners if there are serious tramlining issues like I use to get from the gt350 which by the way wasn't that bad but sometimes surprised me but learned to live with and what is the distance from the bottom of the chin spoiler to the ground? I may have a driveway issue. Thanks!
Sponsored

JacksonvilleBill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 M1672
I had a 17 GT350. My Mach 1 with HP didnt tramline as bad as the gt350. I just replaced the stock cup 2s with ps4, 305 and 325, that has eliminated almost all of the tramlining now, and drives great! I drove it 1600 miles with the stock cup 2 tires, before switching over to the ps4 tires.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I had the same experience as @JacksonvilleBill although I only had 35 miles on the cup 2’s. The tramlining was more severe than I expected. With michelin ps4’s in 305/325 I don’t even notice it.

OP
OP
S550VIN54

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
That's good to know.....I had a 17 gt350 as well. When you have a min please measure your front chin splitter from the bottom to the gnd. Just curious if it is lower than gt 350. Thanks!

Are you still using the OEM rims on the rear since you went up in size?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's good to know.....I had a 17 gt350 as well. When you have a min please measure your front chin splitter from the bottom to the gnd. Just curious if it is lower than gt 350. Thanks!

Are you still using the OEM rims on the rear since you went up in size?
I’m using the factory wheels. 325 is close enough for me to feel comfortable. I would have gone for the 315’s that Michelin just came out with but I couldn’t wait that long. If no one else gets you measurements I can when I get home from work in a bit

Sponsored

OP
OP
S550VIN54

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I’m using the factory wheels. 325 is close enough for me to feel comfortable. I would have gone for the 315’s that Michelin just came out with but I couldn’t wait that long. If no one else gets you measurements I can when I get home from work in a bit
Okay...Thanks! Btw is this your daily driver? Just curious as I am weighing options to go back to one car and wanted to know if the Mach 1 is comfortable enough to do that.

Not sure this would be ideal for winter weather but maybe some all seasons would work as the winters here aren't that bad anyway.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay...Thanks! Btw is this your daily driver? Just curious as I am weighing options to go back to one car and wanted to know if the Mach 1 is comfortable enough to do that.

Not sure this would be ideal for winter weather but maybe some all seasons would work as the winters here aren't that bad anyway.
Just took a quick measurement…….4 7/8” from ground to splitter. In other words, it’s LOW and you have to be very careful lol.
it’s not my daily but it would be fun as hell to drive it every day! Just depends I think on the type of parking lots you have to deal with as the splitter will scrape the second you aren’t paying attention. I would still get it anyway. I love the look of the HP. No regrets!

OP
OP
S550VIN54

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Just took a quick measurement…….4 7/8” from ground to splitter. In other words, it’s LOW and you have to be very careful lol.
it’s not my daily but it would be fun as hell to drive it every day! Just depends I think on the type of parking lots you have to deal with as the splitter will scrape the second you aren’t paying attention. I would still get it anyway. I love the look of the HP. No regrets!
Yea I really love the looks of the HP!.... Thanks for your troubles. I am right at 5" on my Vette and the only thing that rubs are the side lower air dams which are about 3" from the gnd so I believe I will be ok. I use to use rubber mats to get up the driveway when I had the gt350 so I have options...lol

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Yea I really love the looks of the HP!.... Thanks for your troubles. I am right at 5" on my Vette and the only thing that rubs are the side lower air dams which are about 3" from the gnd so I believe I will be ok. I use to use rubber mats to get up the driveway when I had the gt350 so I have options...lol
I have to repave my driveway before it comes in, or at least go dig out some sunken areas and fill them back in. years of driving 3/4 ton trucks on a 50 year old driveway in the marshlands has not been easy on it.

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
7 Degrees or less is the advised ramp angle by the HP manual.
The splitter overhangs by a fair distance.
Royal Steering Wheel - Orange Flat Bottom.jpg

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No trouble at all. I hope you get an HP Mach! I didn’t realize you were coming from a vette. If you’re used to that this car should be a little easier. Certainly easier as a daily

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
7 Degrees or less is the advised ramp angle by the HP manual.
The splitter overhangs by a fair distance.
Royal Steering Wheel - Orange Flat Bottom.jpg
O.O makes me wonder how I am going to get this things into the trailer to tow it home.

JacksonvilleBill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 M1672
I didn't install my front HP splitter and just run with the regular Mach 1 splitter, I prefer the cleaner look and much easier to deal with parking curbs and inclines without having to be so careful. I had an 18 GT3 with front axle lift, was just always a pain to have to keep an eye out for potential scrape areas.

IMG_2265.JPG

OP
OP
S550VIN54

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
No trouble at all. I hope you get an HP Mach! I didn’t realize you were coming from a vette. If you’re used to that this car should be a little easier. Certainly easier as a daily
Yea I dumped my 19 Bullitt after 7 mos for a 19 GS vette after a casual Saturday test drive of nothing else to do and got bit. 2 yrs later timing couldn't be better as the vette appreciated like crazy due to used car shortages.

If the Bullitt had the tremec and shorter gears we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. I really tried to figure out a way to keep the vette but unfortunately, it want be possible.

I just realized that the chin spoiler will be added on after delivery so I could wait and add it later.

Just read Ford will close plants down for a couple of weeks so it will be interesting if I order how soon or should I say later I would get it. I have a local dealer who is willing to work with me due to past purchases.

Finger crossed this becomes a reality.
Sponsored