Sponsored

Sleeved motor build

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Well I am ready to get a sleeved motor started and i already spoke with some larger name shops to get it done. It is just the shortblock. Regarding heads, I have read that leaving them stock is perfectly fine, now my question is what did you pair them with? Valves and springs? as well as any additional parts. Plan is to be a maxed out PC P1X build with nitrous for a bit to test the limits of the blower until i move onto an F1A TIA.
To max out the P1X or any centri for that matter, you're going to need some engine RPM. Plan on valve springs at minimum. A thousand horsepower, 8,500 RPM and stock valves is not a good mix. You should look into valves if the budget allows.

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
To max out the P1X or any centri for that matter, you're going to need some engine RPM. Plan on valve springs at minimum. A thousand horsepower, 8,500 RPM and stock valves is not a good mix. You should look into valves if the budget allows.
Yeah budget allows, I'm not really attempting to have to go into the motor more than once and i am currently revving really low, 7500. I do want minimum 8k. I did speak with BES and they advised me to do a Callies crank double keyway and I'd do a crank support.

I will look into those valves, is the part number for the kit you received from Ferrea KT4039 ?

With Gen 2 being 11mm, the builder would just do a conversion right?
Would it just be cheaper to go a Gen1 route and sleeve that block? (getting a new block anyways)

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yeah budget allows, I'm not really attempting to have to go into the motor more than once and i am currently revving really low, 7500. I do want minimum 8k. I did speak with BES and they advised me to do a Callies crank double keyway and I'd do a crank support.

I will look into those valves, is the part number for the kit you received from Ferrea KT4039 ?

With Gen 2 being 11mm, the builder would just do a conversion right?
Would it just be cheaper to go a Gen1 route and sleeve that block? (getting a new block anyways)
Any decent machine shop will have no problems changing to 12mm. Any year block will work fine

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
The heads will accept 12mm studs without modification. There is more to the factory 12 mm blocks than simply the diameter of the stud. The stud goes down deeper into the block and distorts the deck less than the shallow 11 mm stud. If you have your block machined to accept the 12 mm stud, you still are not getting the full advantage of the deeper stud. Not to say that's going to hurt you in any way but something to ponder.

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
The heads will accept 12mm studs without modification. There is more to the factory 12 mm blocks than simply the diameter of the stud. The stud goes down deeper into the block and distorts the deck less than the shallow 11 mm stud. If you have your block machined to accept the 12 mm stud, you still are not getting the full advantage of the deeper stud. Not to say that's going to hurt you in any way but something to ponder.
Okay so from what i am understanding, heads- NO MODIFICATION
Shortblock although lets say a gen1 12mm it isn't as "deep" , lets say i do Gen 2 i request 12mm conversion and the shop will automatically understand my verbaige?

and as per the studs i linked, what isthe part number for a Gen2 with changed 12mm ? Whats the length difference?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Okay so from what i am understanding, heads- NO MODIFICATION
Shortblock although lets say a gen1 12mm it isn't as "deep" , lets say i do Gen 2 i request 12mm conversion and the shop will automatically understand my verbaige?

and as per the studs i linked, what isthe part number for a Gen2 with changed 12mm ? Whats the length difference?
Any block with factory 12mm head studs will be the longer variety. The 11mm are shorter. The link you posted will not work on a gen2 block.

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Any block with factory 12mm head studs will be the longer variety. The 11mm are shorter. The link you posted will not work on a gen2 block.
okay, I see that you did your build with BES racing and thats who Im expecting to go with next weekend or so.

When you built yours, did you gather the parts beforehand or did you agree on all the parts with BES racing?

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Last edited:

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Yes those will work. When you have the block converted to 12mm they will open the holes to fit the 12mm stud but they also make the holes deeper just like the gen1/3. Like so

450EC41E-65D7-4560-A891-8ED92C5B484B.png
Ok, my apologies. I didn't know they drilled it further down as well.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
okay, I see that you did your build with BES racing and thats who Im expecting to go with next weekend or so.

When you built yours, did you gather the parts beforehand or did you agree on all the parts with BES racing?
I spec'd the brought short block parts. BES spec'd and supplied the head parts. I did the head install and timing.

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
So i went the RPG route, they advised me to get Ferrea Super Alloy 0.5mm oversized intake and exhaust valves with pac-1217x springs. I'll be doing ARP everything since their assembly includes it, which makes it easier. I'm excited and ready to party, was given end of december time frame.

59C51A7D-B528-4EE5-AD43-775DF6BEE44C.png

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
It says total seal rings, are they talking about gapless or gaped? Total seal makes both
Sponsored