Sponsored

Ported Head on Boosted Motor : Motor Build

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
I have tried to search the forums and internet for information, but this seems to be a topic that I can't find a lot of information on. I plan on putting some Manley valves in my heads. Next comes a valve job, about 1K. To upgrade to CNC ported heads and valve job is another 1K.

Seems like a no brainer. But what are the gains? I know the exhaust side will play an important part to the equation in getting it out. I would expect to lose some boost and gain hp.....

The plans are to sleeve the block, put nice rods with Ross pistons and some heavy duty wrist pins in it. Also plan of 1/2 fill of the block to keep it from splitting and moving down a few pulley sizes.....

Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
If you're going big and trying to extract every single horse, ported heads will make more power

Although when you're running that much power and boost, not sure if an extra 50hp for $1000 is good return on investment when you can just up the boost by 1psi for free and make the same power.

2-tone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt m6
Who did you choose for the engine build ?

I have zero data to back this up but I can't see you gaining more than 50rwhp from a head port. You would probably need to get your lower intake ported as well to maximize those gains. That's an expensive game for "minimal" gains in my book.

I'm going to add a 150 shot to mine at some point. The nitrous kit and the 2.75 upper pulley are sitting in the corner taunting me.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who did you choose for the engine build ?

I have zero data to back this up but I can't see you gaining more than 50rwhp from a head port. You would probably need to get your lower intake ported as well to maximize those gains. That's an expensive game for "minimal" gains in my book.

I'm going to add a 150 shot to mine at some point. The nitrous kit and the 2.75 upper pulley are sitting in the corner taunting me.
BES is doing the motor. They are porting the lower intake of the intercooler to match heads. I believe the 3 angle valve job will help with the cooling effect and the porting of the exhaust will help also. I just can’t see haveimg one done without the other and then wishing I had. Time will tell. I had a 2.75 pulley given to me today, but will I use it?? May stick to a 3”. [MENTION=18427]ALLKHEINZ[/MENTION] thanks for the pulley sir!

Sponsored

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)