Sponsored

Simple plug and play speaker replacement recommendations

ronnyek42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT pp2, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak, Ram 3500
Let me first start off by saying I didn't buy this car to listen to the radio... And I'm definitely not an audio phile or anyone who wants subwoofers.

That being said, my 2018 with the bigger sync setup (401a package?), the speakers have next to no bass.

I'm hoping someone could recommend some speakers I can drop in, and hopefully add just a bit more bass (don't need a subwoofer)

I'm mechanically and electrical inclined, but I know nothing about speakers
Or how to order etc.

So anyone have recommendations that would make them sound more like your typical OEM stock speakers? These are a joke 😁
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Turn off the EQ with forscan first and re-evaluate the situation. You may be satisfied with no other parts.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Turn off the EQ with forscan first and re-evaluate the situation. You may be satisfied with no other parts.
What module is this in? APIM?

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

Sponsored

Tycoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I don't believe this is possible. Check my other posts to see how to make a 18 system better. Quite a project. Changing the speakers only will increase white noise and will not even sound better.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Sound treatment is what you need. Dropping in speakers will make no noticeable improvement and will most likely make it sound worse. The issue is the OEM amp and tuning.

Adding sound deadener to your doors will improve bass response quite significantly and can be done at home.

IMG_9721.jpeg

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
No free lunch with this stereo...my last straw was after I added a dual 12 sub box with an external amp and tried listening to it with the windows down. Mids/Highs just couldn't keep up with the sub. I ended up replacing the entire system. There are numerous posts on what some (including myself) have done with varying degrees of complexity.
Sponsored