Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
There are quite a few "simple" mods. There are few simple engine mods and even less that won't at least endanger your warranty (with the wrong dealer) and virtually none that won't be a warranty issue that are actually going to increase performance.

1) Gear swap. This one is probably the best way to increase performance without endangering (directly) the warranty. Unless you break or destroy something in the rear, no one will really know about it until they go to remove the rear cover. No need for a tune and the speedometer adjusts accordingly.

2) Wheel swap. Greatly improves the feel of the car and responsiveness. Drops 40+ lbs (unsprung).

3) Shifter upgrade. Again, won't increase "performance" per say but a nice improvement in ergonomics.

4) Seat delete. Won't void warranty, drops 30 lbs.

The rest are either things that won't increase performance or they'll void your warranty. Catch cans, battery relocation and LiOn battery, tune, E-85, CF driveshaft, long tube headers, meth injection.

I forgot to mention CF panels/parts, but honestly, when you examine the weight savings, it costs a boatload and you don't really save that much (hood, fenders, trunk, etc) weight.
Excellent, thanks for the list!

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I am sure someone who knows more can give a better explanation than me but basically it prevents oil vapors from your engine getting recycled back into your intake.

You really only need to install one on the passenger side which is nice. Doing it on the drivers side isn't necessary unless you are running very sticky tires and are tracking the car alot. If you read through the owners manual it actually recommends you installing one if you are going to track it.

No plans to track my car at this point...

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Oil catch can is number one. Gotta keep that oil residue out of the intake tract. Will eventually make quite a mess even if you don’t track the car.
I went with K&N Air Filter, but Air-Raid is good too. The dry style is less mess in the long run.
You will also need a trickle charger or your battery will be dead after 2-3 weeks of sitting still. If a daily driver, might not be an issue for you.
Shelby pedals are faster: :like:
B891C95E-D3B4-4A04-B77A-1BCF0B6935E1.jpeg

This pix is from my GT500, but you get the point. Have them in my GT350 as well.
Swapping gears would be a real challenge and, unless you are drag racing, of little value. If you “touch” the drivetrain in nearly any way, your warranty is in jeopardy.

Welcome to the insanity!

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Oil catch can is number one. Gotta keep that oil residue out of the intake tract. Will eventually make quite a mess even if you don’t track the car.
I went with K&N Air Filter, but Air-Raid is good too. The dry style is less mess in the long run.
You will also need a trickle charger or your battery will be dead after 2-3 weeks of sitting still. If a daily driver, might not be an issue for you.
Shelby pedals are faster: :like:
B891C95E-D3B4-4A04-B77A-1BCF0B6935E1.jpeg

This pix is from my GT500, but you get the point. Have them in my GT350 as well.
Swapping gears would be a real challenge and, unless you are drag racing, of little value. If you “touch” the drivetrain in nearly any way, your warranty is in jeopardy.

Welcome to the insanity!

Dude, NEXT LEVEL insanity! I told my wife the difference between man and boys is the price of their toys. Good thing is, she loves the Shelby!!

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
THE FP one is an Air Raid. Pricing depends on where you buy it, but usually the Air Raid one is cheaper.
For anyone interested, I found the Air Raid filter part number is 863-399 and is significantly cheaper than the FP labeled one. $49.99 vs $83.99+. As always double check it yourself.

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Genesis 5.0 & 996 cab
my 2 best mods were dropping 40+LBs off the wheels (thank you Signature Wheels) and going to a 4.11 rear end. the car responds noticeable better

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Genesis 5.0 & 996 cab
Curious what the impact is to geared top speed with the 4.11s
If you do a search on this GT350 forum a chart is posted. It's not all that much of a drop. It could affect shift points on a track (+,-) but for the street it is much better

Sponsored

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
What 4.11s did you install? Ford Performance sells 4.09s and I am curious about them. Any additional notes or impressions you have about the install and the driving experience would be greatly appreciated!

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Yukon Gear makes a 4.11 gear which is what I have in my car. I totally agree with ldp82. I did the 4.11 gears and dropped over 40lbs of rotating mass in wheels and tires; yes tires because you would be surprised at actual tire weights. I went a step further in adding a carbon fiber driveshaft. The car feels so much more lively with those three mods, including dropping weight in other areas like the exhaust and moving to an Antigravity battery. 4.11 makes 1st gear really quick so you have to be on your game when shifting. MPH in each gear is off about 2-3mph in each gear according to GPS. You do not have to reprogram for the gear.

Last edited:

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Any reviews of the Gear swap anywhere?

I wouldn't mind the gearing being a bit shorter, we have a good overdrive gear anyways.
I track frequently and run with a friend who has swapped to 409s. He pulls away on corner exit steadily. My next mod

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
My favorite Mod was the Ford Performance White shift ball, other mod's are the Red Line Hood Struts, and the JLT oil seperator on the passenger side. Thats about all I'll do, I can't afford to void that warranty.
Sponsored