Simple engine mods?

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
As a new GT350 owner, I'd be interested in your opinions on "simple" (Doesn't void warranty) engine mods for performance enhancement. Ideas? Already looking into resonator delete...
Sponsored

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Oh and I did replace the stock air filter with the one for Ford Performance. Even at 6k miles it was filthy. The air ducting clearly works!

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Oh and I did replace the stock air filter with the one for Ford Performance. Even at 6k miles it was filthy. The air ducting clearly works!
You think the Ford Performance air cleaner is the best? I haven't looked at those at all.

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
It’s a filter so ‘best’ is relative. CJ Pony delivers the next day and I sort of liked that it was (Ford) blue. Definitely nicer looking than the stock paper one

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Congrats on the new car. Resonator deletes are commonly recommended and a simple way to make the exhaust the equivalent of the R exhaust. Time has shown there aren't really any simple mods with meaningful performance increases. It's a high revving NA V8 making more than 100hp per liter. You'll never be 4 bolts and a zip tie away from more power. Honestly I think my SRP pedals were my favorite mod on my car.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Isn't the FP air filter the same as the Air Raid filter but $25 more?

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't the FP air filter the same as the Air Raid filter but $25 more?
THE FP one is an Air Raid. Pricing depends on where you buy it, but usually the Air Raid one is cheaper.

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Congrats on the new car. Resonator deletes are commonly recommended and a simple way to make the exhaust the equivalent of the R exhaust. Time has shown there aren't really any simple mods with meaningful performance increases. It's a high revving NA V8 making more than 100hp per liter. You'll never be 4 bolts and a zip tie away from more power. Honestly I think my SRP pedals were my favorite mod on my car.
Good answer, thank you. Which SRP pedals did you get?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Its not really "performance" per say, but installing a catch can is always recommended as a first simple modification
What is the purpose of it?

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
What is the purpose of it?
I am sure someone who knows more can give a better explanation than me but basically it prevents oil vapors from your engine getting recycled back into your intake.

You really only need to install one on the passenger side which is nice. Doing it on the drivers side isn't necessary unless you are running very sticky tires and are tracking the car alot. If you read through the owners manual it actually recommends you installing one if you are going to track it.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
There are quite a few "simple" mods. There are few simple engine mods and even less that won't at least endanger your warranty (with the wrong dealer) and virtually none that won't be a warranty issue that are actually going to increase performance.

1) Gear swap. This one is probably the best way to increase performance without endangering (directly) the warranty. Unless you break or destroy something in the rear, no one will really know about it until they go to remove the rear cover. No need for a tune and the speedometer adjusts accordingly.

2) Wheel swap. Greatly improves the feel of the car and responsiveness. Drops 40+ lbs (unsprung).

3) Shifter upgrade. Again, won't increase "performance" per say but a nice improvement in ergonomics.

4) Seat delete. Won't void warranty, drops 30 lbs.

The rest are either things that won't increase performance or they'll void your warranty. Catch cans, battery relocation and LiOn battery, tune, E-85, CF driveshaft, long tube headers, meth injection.

I forgot to mention CF panels/parts, but honestly, when you examine the weight savings, it costs a boatload and you don't really save that much (hood, fenders, trunk, etc) weight.

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
There are quite a few "simple" mods. There are few simple engine mods and even less that won't at least endanger your warranty (with the wrong dealer) and virtually none that won't be a warranty issue that are actually going to increase performance.

1) Gear swap. This one is probably the best way to increase performance without endangering (directly) the warranty. Unless you break or destroy something in the rear, no one will really know about it until they go to remove the rear cover. No need for a tune and the speedometer adjusts accordingly.

2) Wheel swap. Greatly improves the feel of the car and responsiveness. Drops 40+ lbs (unsprung).

3) Shifter upgrade. Again, won't increase "performance" per say but a nice improvement in ergonomics.

4) Seat delete. Won't void warranty, drops 30 lbs.

The rest are either things that won't increase performance or they'll void your warranty. Catch cans, battery relocation and LiOn battery, tune, E-85, CF driveshaft, long tube headers, meth injection.

I forgot to mention CF panels/parts, but honestly, when you examine the weight savings, it costs a boatload and you don't really save that much (hood, fenders, trunk, etc) weight.
Any reviews of the Gear swap anywhere?

I wouldn't mind the gearing being a bit shorter, we have a good overdrive gear anyways.
Sponsored