cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Swim in some boiling water and tell me that lie.. :p

In all seriousness, I agree for some this is true.
LOL! The OP was obviously not swimming in oil or even driving a crappy car. :) Have traveled to countries where real poverty exists, and I can say that I have seen people with 1/100 my income that are very happy. The point was you cannot rely on buying something to give you inner happiness, of course :).
Sponsored

huachucastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium 6MT PP
The 18 will be expensive...I would get the 17 manual at a great price

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Already have the Manual GT so I'm good but ...

IF I was craving a Manual it would have to be the GT and at this point I'd wait until the 2018's come out. Won't be long. Save your money. 2018's are sexy as hell. I love everything about but the engine bay from the pics I've seen.

The only thing is if I got a good deal on the 2017 vs the 2018 I'd go with the better deal. I got $6k off of my GT. Dealers are not gonna deal away the 2018's right away. In the winter time when nobody buys Muscle Cars they might.

Love the Red. Couldn't find a good 2018 Black pic. Those are my favorite colors.

170117_0015_ford_764A0158-640x360.jpg

2018-Ford-Mustang-6.jpg

Jdmuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra Viper Z06 Mustang
This always happens when you buy a 'price' vs what you really want.

Deals are hot on the 17s now... get one if you can swing it.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Stopped reading on page one. But if I was a young man again in your shoes, I'd keep driving what you have now. Focus on paying off and saving up a down payment for a GT with a manual. When you turn 25, make that your birthday present to yourself. Trade in and cash saved could be a great reward.

Reactions: Ebm

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
A little bit over $7,000 off MSRP on my custom ordered 2017 GT Premium. Can get a very nice deal on one.

Chaos_Agent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Premium GT
I traded auto for manual

So I purchased my car back in August of 2016. The dealer offered me a deal of 0% interest, 8 grand off the total price of the car, and premium warranty all for no cost to reconsider my purchase when I found out the car was an automatic transmission. I couldn't refuse, and I gotta admit I love the absolute hell out of my car. It has been a blast. Fast forward to June, and I recently drove my friend's GT with a manual transmission, and I gotta say I miss that manual transmission.

So I'm in a dilemma. It's 4am, and I'm thinkin about trading in my car for a Mustang with a stick. I still owe about 17 grand on this car, and my local dealer is having a similar 0% interest deal going on right now. What are you guys' opinions? Is it worth checking out, or is my 4am sleep-deprived brain getting too reckless?:headbonk:
I traded my 2017 GT - auto for another new 2017 GT with manual for several reasons, transmission being one of them.
The car feels much more responsive, and I never got used to the paddle shifters. To each his own.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Auto or Manual

Having had autos most of my life except when I purchased my 2005 Ford Mustang GT, I am glad I got my 2017 as a manual. You feel so much more
connected to your car. Its a bonding thing. :lol:

:cheers:

:ford:

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I wanted a manual too. But i sit in traffic to and from work every day. Its madening. Im also 6ft 4 with size 14 shoes, so i felt the clutch pedal was a bit to close, and my left foot really had to stretch back to hit the clutch (i remember the top of my foot pressing down on the clutch lever and the pad and that felt weird). Thats my problem though lol

If i was shorter i would have a manual, or if i lived where i dont sit on the 57 fwy to beach blvd.

I got no hate for the Autos though. My buddy just got a manual GT and were planning to race for shits n giggles.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I'm thinking of going back to manual too. The main reason I got the auto is for winter driving and the drive modes, but from what I've been hearing there doesn't sound like there is much difference. The auto start is nice too when its cold, but you can get aftermarket for manuals I believe. The auto is supposedly faster too, but it sure doesn't feel like it. With the new dual clutch coming out in the 18's and the bump in power, I'm tempted to try the manual again. But with the price increase, I would most likely have to go base with a few options instead of premium and wait until at least next summer. Financially it probably wouldn't be a good idea though as I keep getting new cars every 2 years or so and never get get ahead on payments and always tend to break even on trade.
Sponsored