Sponsored

Should've got the stick

Numa210

Numa210
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6MT
So I purchased my car back in August of 2016. The dealer offered me a deal of 0% interest, 8 grand off the total price of the car, and premium warranty all for no cost to reconsider my purchase when I found out the car was an automatic transmission. I couldn't refuse, and I gotta admit I love the absolute hell out of my car. It has been a blast. Fast forward to June, and I recently drove my friend's GT with a manual transmission, and I gotta say I miss that manual transmission.

So I'm in a dilemma. It's 4am, and I'm thinkin about trading in my car for a Mustang with a stick. I still owe about 17 grand on this car, and my local dealer is having a similar 0% interest deal going on right now. What are you guys' opinions? Is it worth checking out, or is my 4am sleep-deprived brain getting too reckless?:headbonk:
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Wait for next years model. If you trade right now for the manual. You'll be trading again in 6 months for the power bump and the digital dash. Or just keep what you have install a converter. And be the fastest guy in the neighborhood.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Or just get a new 17 for a hell of a deal . If you want a manual not much reason to wait imo. Will still be the mt 82 with slight improvements and the power bump probably won't be much . If you like the looks of the 17 get it now for a steal and be done . A manual is hands down the more fun car to drive

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i would get the 17 manual if you cant live without the stick

Last edited by a moderator:

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
If you can swing the cash, get the 2018 manual.
MT82 has some major upgrades........among other overall improvements in the car.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

MT82 has some major upgrades........among other overall improvements in the car.
Hmm... When have we heard this before... :doh:

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Twin plate clutch at the minimum

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Would you be going to a GT? I would say that if you can swing it go for it, there are such good deals to be had that you probably won't get hammered on depreciation.

I'll hold judgement on the 2018s until I see them in person, but I'm very happy with what I have. A few small changes and I will really be thrilled

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
how do people think the 18 is a better car when its not even out yet and keeps being pushed? please no one knows if its better or not. and a twin plate clutch in itself isn't a good reason to wait. hell if you go boosted no matter what year you get plan on clutch work lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
Numa210

Numa210

Numa210
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6MT
I would love to be able to jump to a GT, but insurance is the only obstacle in the way for that as I am only 22 years old. If things have changed since my credit score is much, much higher now then I may try to shoot for a GT. I plan on going to the dealership today to see if we can work something out. I'll keep you guys posted!

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
truthfully, I would only jump if you can get into a v8. If you go to another ecoboost, you'll most likely want to upgrade sooner rather than later. If you get into a GT, you'll be satisfied for longer

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
how do people think the 18 is a better car when its not even out yet and keeps being pushed? please no one knows if its better or not. and a twin plate clutch in itself isn't a good reason to wait. hell if you go boosted no matter what year you get plan on clutch work lol
Based on what we know about the 18s, how do you think it will not be a better car?

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4