I think it is safe to say that about nearly every thread to be honest. :shrug:
Everybody loves a good mystery right? :thumbsup:
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I did that after 10 months of owing my 2016. Dealer gave me the same deal they had before and I lost $6k in 10 months.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.......I still owe about 17 grand on this car, and my local dealer is having a similar 0% interest deal going on right now. What are you guys' opinions?
At 0%, you really can't lose too much since you got a great deal on the car when you bought it. Even trading it in.

I'd do it.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Reactions: Ebm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
So I'm in a dilemma. It's 4am, and I'm thinkin about trading in my car for a Mustang with a stick. I still owe about 17 grand on this car, and my local dealer is having a similar 0% interest deal going on right now. What are you guys' opinions? Is it worth checking out, or is my 4am sleep-deprived brain getting too reckless?:headbonk:
It can't hurt to check it out - as long as you don't go in all starry-eyed about the possibilities.

Clearly define to yourself the choices and preferences that you will not under any circumstances allow any sales negotiations to steer you away from. Start with transmission type at the top of an "absolute deal-breaker" list and build from there. Don't even agree to discuss what it would take for you to chance your mind on any of those things and cut any efforts to take the discussion in that direction off short. Save negotiation on content for things you'd really rather leave off than take but which don't make the deal-breaker list.

Norm

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Don't do it unless you can get the GT.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
At 0%, you really can't lose too much since you got a great deal on the car when you bought it. Even trading it in.

I'd do it.
Except depreciation... which can be significant. If it were me, be happy with what you have. At 22yo, even a few thousand dollars can be very impactful unless the OP is making more than I did at that age. Good life lesson, stick with what you got and be happy with it until you need to switch it out.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
how do people think the 18 is a better car when its not even out yet and keeps being pushed? please no one knows if its better or not. and a twin plate clutch in itself isn't a good reason to wait. hell if you go boosted no matter what year you get plan on clutch work lol
For almost (there are exceptions of course) every car ever made, the mid cycle refresh is "the one to get" as usually most of the kinks are worked out and improvements will have been made.

The 2018 GT will have Direct and port injection which is the best of both worlds really, I would have loved to have both on my eb from the factory as well.

There will be a bump in power as well, it has already been confirmed, with DI/PI, 455hp is easy to hit and there is no reason whatsoever Ford would not at least match its nearest rival, hell I would make it 460 just to stick it to gm just a little. Also DI is proven to help achieve better fuel economy and emissions, Might not matter to you but it matters alot to Ford and the EPA.
Every twin disc clutch I've driven was wonderful in comparison to the single disc it replaced (if a bit noisier) Done on my Skyline and Supra when single plates at the power level were almost on/off switches, the twin discs were like stock but with more holding power

So in the end, we have a car that
1)Makes more Power
2)Gets better gas mileage
3)Has better emissions
4)Already has a second fuel system to make big power without upgrades.
5)Will have an easier to modulate clutch that is ready for big power
6)Quad exhaust is just sexy.

Win,Win,Win,Win,Win and Win.

That sounds like a better car to me.

I agree the EBM is not worth upgrading for, Seems like it's just going to be neutered version of the FRPP tune in the new skin.

On the Auto vs Manual point, I can see the appeal, personally I think the manual is more fun to drive, but i think winning is more fun than that. I don't think there is much doubt that the Autos are faster and at my skill level they are much faster, If I were even thinking of occasionally hitting the drag strip there would be no question about it. On a road course i think the Manual still has an ever so slight advantage which is problably gone with the 10 speed.

I'm 40 now and realize this is problably my last NEW manual car which is why I went for it, I do have to admit that years of driving my auto supra did spoil me a bit and I miss never missing a shift and sipping on a cup of coffee during my morning stop and go, not even having to move my foot over to the gas when traffic moved forward

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
how do people think the 18 is a better car when its not even out yet and keeps being pushed? please no one knows if its better or not. and a twin plate clutch in itself isn't a good reason to wait. hell if you go boosted no matter what year you get plan on clutch work lol
How many times in the last 20 years has the car not been better then the one that came before it? Common sense dictates it'll be better. I.E. Faster, more features,etc.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
How many times in the last 20 years has the car not been better then the one that came before it? Common sense dictates it'll be better. I.E. Faster, more features,etc.

Umm 15 to 16 16 to 17 lol the differences are marginal if that

Sponsored

TCZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT Convertible
I was in the same situation. Found the right car for the right price and it happened to be an automatic. Most days I really enjoy it but I occasionally wish I had a manual. If it got to the point where it was driving me crazy I'd look for a good deal on a manual '17 but I don't see going there in my case.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Faster in this case is only going to be incremental, nothing earth-shattering and not enough by itself to drive the decision here. I didn't see drag racing mentioned, where a few more HP could be enough.

More features is a good thing only if you're sure you're going to use them often enough to make them more valuable than just line items on the car's content list for bragging purposes.

Norm

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Remember Mustang II?