Sponsored

Should I sell mine?

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
Exactly. However everyone here likes to overlook that in the C&D LL test the 350R ran in 2016!!! Tires have come a long way since then. Way too many variables to compare. We need to crowdfund a the same driver at the same track same day test between Mach 1 HP and 350R both with new identical tires, good alignment, fresh brake fluid and pads. I wonder if we could hire Randy Pobst? I think the Mach 1 would come close, but I don't see how it would beat a 350R.
I would be interested in seeing a similar comparison between HP and non-HP Mach 1's.
Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I would be interested in seeing a similar comparison between HP and non-HP Mach 1's.
I'd be curious. My ego isn't tied up in the numbers, because I bought my car for a mix of backroads and daily driving, and the HP, while cool looking, would have been detrimental to that goal.

I do wish that FP would offer a HP kit as an aftermarket option, so I could buy it and stash it in my garage in case I ever change my mind

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I have a '21 mach 1 with automatic and 12k miles. I took it in for a warranty noise (waiting to hear what's wrong with it). I was joking around about trading it for something else.

Dealer called and wants to offer me 52.5k for it. With the car market so hot right now I don't know if I should take the offer or hold onto it (assuming mach 1's hold their value). I would be sad to see it go but at the same time there is always better things to replace it with. Basically is the offer too good to refuse?

I don't imagine these mass produced cars will hold their value in 20+ years like the older 60/70's cars.
They sold 400k Mustangs per year back in the 60s. 6x as many as they sell now. In 55 years there will be fewer S550 Mustangs then than there are 60s Mustangs now.

If you like the car, no, don't sell it to make a few thousand dollars. If you can sell it and get into something easier that you want more, then go for it.

I was offered $5k more for my '21 ZL1 6 months ago than what I paid new in March '21. I'd rather have the ZL1 than that money - that's how much I like it. Plus, it wouldn't be enough to get me into something I'd rather have more (e.g., new 911 Turbo or Turbo S).

The Mach 1 has an auto which shifts faster, and hits the torque way sooner than the FPC. The Mach 1 stole the GT350 suspension, plus the minor improvements that were discovered in the GT350.

All that said. The Mach 1 name should NEVER have been used on the car. It bastardizes the Mach 1 of the 60's and early 70's, which went fast in a straight line only. The current Mach 1 can turn corners. Thereby, making it not a Mach 1.

Ford should have called it the Mustang SHO, or anything else. But not the Mach 1. Just like the GT500 should not be the GT500. But that is a topic for another day.
It's called progress. What they did in the 60s doesn't have to match the type of car it is today. Mustangs are good handling GT cars now. The Mach 1 ups the ante a bit compared to a PP1 GT. There's nothing wrong with calling that a Mach 1, or a current GT500 a GT500. They all go faster in a straight line than anything did back in the 60s, so that part is fine, too.

The Mustang Mach-E, on the other hand, is a crossover and thus shouldn't be called a Mustang.

I was also thinking 52k was low giving the market used ones are selling for (couldnt find any red ones for sale). I am also wondering why there are so many used Mach 1's already.

I would still be making money based on my payoff. I dont have to sell it; Im just thinking with the market slowing down and it being a mass-produced car it wouldnt be worth much in even 10+ years and maybe now is the time.
Making money on payoff doesn't mean you are making money. If I bought a car for $50k, and put $20k down so I owed $30k, and then someone offered me $40k, I would be losing $10k. But based on your "payoff" reasoning, I'd make $10k more than the payoff. But it's still losing money. You have to look at what you paid to determine whether or not you lose or make money.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I'd be curious. My ego isn't tied up in the numbers, because I bought my car for a mix of backroads and daily driving, and the HP, while cool looking, would have been detrimental to that goal.

I do wish that FP would offer a HP kit as an aftermarket option, so I could buy it and stash it in my garage in case I ever change my mind
That is the plan I heard. Parts shortages I presume are preventing that kit from happening and they will require a VIN# for M1 for the epas flash to accommodate the tire/wheel/spring change.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150

All the hard parts are readily available. When my work slows down I'll be installing them. Other than Aero I bet bigger wheels and tires and tire compound are 95% of the difference. Both are relatively softy sprung.

Sponsored

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's

I agree, which is why I purchased mine without HP as well. My primary thought in having numbers is simply knowing that difference on a track.

All the hard parts are readily available. When my work slows down I'll be installing them. Other than Aero I bet bigger wheels and tires and tire compound are 95% of the difference. Both are relatively softy sprung.
My thought as well and my only potential change is for the wider wheels and track tire.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Oh yea I know they are available, I just want a 'complete' pack so that if asked, I can truthfully answer that yes, it does have the HP, rather than an add on assortment of parts. I doubt anyone other than myself would care about that detail tbh.
Sponsored