Should I lower it

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Hey all. I hope everyone is doing well. I have a question. I just recently ordered multiple parts from Steeda. I ordered the Stop the Hop Kit, the two stage lowering springs for Magnaride, bump steer kit, camber plates, sway bar links and a few other things. So my question is that I just installed my new wheels and tires today. I went with 20’s, a 10 in the front and 11 in the rear. I am running 275-35/20 in the front and 305/35/20 in the rear. The rear tires are 1 inch taller than stock. So now the car looks like it has been lowered a bit. Do you think I should still install the springs which will drop it 1/2-3/4 inches. Also, if I don’t lower it, which was a little for the looks but mostly for the handling. Car has a little too much body roll when really moving, so I was hoping the springs would stiffen it up a bit. Now, if I don’t lower it the body roll will not be reduced by the other parts I ordered. So what are people’s thoughts on upgrading the sway bars instead, number 1, number 2, if not lowering is there any reason I should install the caster/camber plates or the bump steer kit? Please take a look and let me know your thoughts, please on if it would appear too low with the taller tires or if you think it would still look good. If I don’t use them I can return the springs, camber plates and bump steer kit, get the sway bars and still get some cash back.

Again, this is a little for appearance but mostly for the ride to be stiffened up. I do have Magnaride on the car as well.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_4279.jpeg

IMG_4276.jpeg

IMG_4275.jpeg

IMG_4282.jpeg

IMG_4277.jpeg
Sponsored

Reactions: RPM

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I d leave it alone. between the 20s and then lowering it I d be concerned I might degrade the ride quality too much. Looks good.
Plus the less you mess with the better the warranty usefulness.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Don't lower, install swaybars. Call it good for now.

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I d leave it alone. between the 20s and then lowering it I d be concerned I might degrade the ride quality too much. Looks good.
Plus the less you mess with the better the warranty usefulness.
Thank you. Kind of what I am leaning towards. Do you see any reason to keep camber plates and bump steer kit?

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Don't lower, install swaybars. Call it good for now.
Thanks. This is what I am thinking as well at the moment. What are your thoughts on keeping camber plates and bump steer kit?

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. This is what I am thinking as well at the moment. What are your thoughts on keeping camber plates and bump steer kit?
More camber can help front grip at the track

bumpsteer kit is not deesirable for stock ride height. Only use to correct for lowering

stock height and swaybars is a great option. Great ride, better transitional responsiveness

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Don’t lower it. I like the look of a lowered car, but I I stalled expemsive LTHs on my car and there was no way I was going to risk scraping them. With your M1, you’re already slightly lower than a GT anyways aren’t you? Think about driving into driveways etc. and how it will increase chances of scraping your front splitter.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Thank you. Kind of what I am leaning towards. Do you see any reason to keep camber plates and bump steer kit?
I m not sure what your goal s are, would it be reasonable to go to 20 s if you are making a track car? and the same with the other kits. up to you , identify your goals and be sure they not competing with changes.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Lowered cars are slow and always fight traction. Great for road course racing. That’s it.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I’d leave it alone. It’s not like you got fists of fender well gap. I mean if you want to lower it that’s on you but ride quality to me is more important then “stance.”

I’m going to lower mine but I have 19s so I can retain some ride quality while lowering it.

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
More camber can help front grip at the track

bumpsteer kit is not deesirable for stock ride height. Only use to correct for lowering

stock height and swaybars is a great option. Great ride, better transitional responsiveness
Thank you! I am hearing things that I am thinking but unsure of just because I want the car to be setup the best it can be with looks being secondary when it will cause the handling to not be as good as it can be. I really want it to be comfortable and handle any situation I throw at it.

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I’d leave it alone. It’s not like you got fists of fender well gap. I mean if you want to lower it that’s on you but ride quality to me is more important then “stance.”

I’m going to lower mine but I have 19s so I can retain some ride quality while lowering it.
I am in agreement with you. Next time I get wheels maybe I’ll do 19’s. But I think the gap is minimal and has the look of a lowered car.

What kind of sway bars do most of you suggest? Should I just get the Steeda so they are all the same brand and they are adjustable?
Sponsored